• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Calling for the experts again.

blucollarguy

I am trying to create a mod that will give me a "vendors price" field that will update the "products price" field the way this field is updated when you have a tax class selected. I have already created the field and the "markup" script that will specify what percentage the markup will be, but I can't get the javascript to work right and do the math and update the price. If anyone wants to work with me on this one just let me know. PM me if you want me to send you what Ihave done so far.

Craig. ;)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

Anything worth having, is worth working for.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Catalog

3 Vendors, each category, "buy" a product from each category to see how MVS works during checkout.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Admin

login: [email protected]

pass: mvs_demo

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Download Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1

Vendor Email

Vendor Info in easypopulate

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

:P Matti has graciously asked me to post some details about what I am doing and how, so here it is Matti. If anyone else has any ideas, suggestions or comments please let me know. I would really like to get this working.

All this will only be viewable in the admin/categories/products and amdin/"markup rates" pages. I started with a field for "vendors price" in the "products page" in the admin. Included a new field in the "products" table. That was easy enough. Next, I wanted to be able to pre-define different percentage "markups" that could be selected from a dropdown in the products page. Ideally, the script needed for the "markup" at this point would automatically post the price from the "vendors price", with markup included, into the "products price" field, and then, of course the tax, if a class is selected, will show the "gross" price just as it does now. If no "markup" is selected then it would simply post the "vendors price" into the "products price". Pretty simple huh? NOT!

:wub: I have tried a couple of differnet methods to accomplish the "markup" portion. The "vendors price" field was easy to add the db and the "products page". 1st attempt was to create a "markup_rates.php" file to use to define the various percentages and provide data to select in the "products page". It seemd to work except that I could not get the data to update update properly in the "prod page". So I started over. This time I decided to try mimicking the "tax" scripts since I knew they worked. So I rewrite the "tax_rates.php" and the "tax_classes.php" to be "markup_rates and markup_classes". Added the appropriate field to the db and added the extra scripts to the categories.php file in the same way the "taxes" scripts are. Still, no results. In fact, now the numbers in the "vendors price" field got wiped out and will post back to the db. So, I am stumped. The data seems to post fine until I tried to work the javascript to do the math. At that point the data in the "vendors price" field gets wiped out and won't return. I am very lost when it comes to the javascript that is used to do the tax calculations and, obviously, I did not do it right. I have worked through all the arrors I was getting at the beginning and now get nothing. If any one is able to work with me on this I would be very appreciative. If you want the scripts I have created to work with, PM me. ;D

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

Anything worth having, is worth working for.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Catalog

3 Vendors, each category, "buy" a product from each category to see how MVS works during checkout.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Admin

login: [email protected]

pass: mvs_demo

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Download Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1

Vendor Email

Vendor Info in easypopulate

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Archived