• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

EasyPopulate Modification

Hi,

I've been using EasyPopulate for about 7 months now and everything is working great. I've added several custom fields to my database and have been able to modify EasyPopulate to handle these new fields without any problems. Now I want to tell EasyPopulate to key on a field other than products_model. I have 4 vendors I buy product from and each of these vendors uses their own number (sku) in addition to the model number. The problem I have now is that different products from different vendors can have the same model numbers and in some cases a product may not have a model number at all. I've compensated for this in my database by adding a field, products_vendor_sku, and putting the vendors sku number in this field. I've also added a similar field to EasyPopulate and now I want EasyPopulate to key on this new field instead of products_model. Can this be done? Can anyone give me some pointers?

Thanks,

CatDadRick

• 3 months later...