• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

WHY DOES NO ONE CARE?

When I added the link to the categories box and clicked it, this message comes up:

Warning: main(DIR_WS_TEMPLATESTEMPLATENAME_MAIN_PAGE): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/victor13/public_html/mycart/all_products.php on line 23

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'DIR_WS_TEMPLATESTEMPLATENAME_MAIN_PAGE' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/victor13/public_html/mycart/all_products.php on line 23

Any clues? :huh:

Learning is not attained by chance, it must be sought for with ardor and attended to with diligence.

On the All Products page, I get this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: make_link() in /home/victor13/public_html/mycart/all_products.php on line 95

Any help would be GREATLY apprciated! :(

Learning is not attained by chance, it must be sought for with ardor and attended to with diligence.

I have helped others with problems, now I need help. I have used the forums before and never been ignored like this.

One more time:

I get this error when I click the All Products link in my Categories box:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: make_link() in /home/victor13/public_html/mycart/all_products.php on line 95

Thanks in advance.

according to your posts history you have made but one post of help to anyone.

All other posts have been for help.

the error states that you have an undefined function called make_link which requires to be defined.

As to your cries for help stating that you have helped others this is BS beyond which I will not comment in the open forum.

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

I understand what the error says, I need to know how to fix it. I did help someone when I knew the answer to their problem, even if it was only once, so no BS there!

As I learn more, I wiil pass that on to others who are learning like me. Does the fact that I've asked for help more than given help restrict me from getting help?

I understand what the error says, I need to know how to fix it. I did help someone when I knew the answer to their problem, even if it was only once, so no BS there!

As I learn more, I wiil pass that on to others who are learning like me. Does the fact that I've asked for help more than given help restrict me from getting help?

it's not that.. it's the way u do it... btw i can't help you, i don't know the way to help. Bye

my contribution: Alex's Contributions

not any way in the slightest, just more the way that you have presented the point and others infers more than one.

I have helped others with problems, now I need help. I have used the forums before and never been ignored like this.

You infer that you are being ignored deliberately, when this simply is not the case there are many posts made in any short period of time and sometimes a post does not get answered.

I have answered more than a 100 requests for help in a day before and that is no BS so to me for people to infer that they are being ignored is not nice.

how to fix the issue is to define the function many functions are defined in the functions directory with many functions being defined in the general.php

You do not state which contribution for All Products you have used.

I have a database of approx 2 million files and find no reference to this function

Edited by 241

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

In catalog/all_products.php replace:

'           <td class="pageheading"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . make_link($products['products_id']) . (($language_code == DEFAULT_LANGUAGE) ? '' : ('&language=' . $language_code))) . '"><h1>' . $products['products_name'] . "</h1></a></td>\n" .

with:

'           <td class="pageheading"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $products['products_id'] . (($language_code == DEFAULT_LANGUAGE) ? '' : ('&language=' . $language_code))) . '"><h1>' . $products['products_name'] . "</h1></a></td>\n" .

This fix has been posted to the contribution page since February :blink:

Matti

• 8 months later...
In catalog/all_products.php replace:

' ? ? ? ? ? <td class="pageheading"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . make_link($products['products_id']) . (($language_code == DEFAULT_LANGUAGE) ? '' : ('&language=' . $language_code))) . '"><h1>' . $products['products_name'] . "</h1></a></td>\n" .

with:

' ? ? ? ? ? <td class="pageheading"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $products['products_id'] . (($language_code == DEFAULT_LANGUAGE) ? '' : ('&language=' . $language_code))) . '"><h1>' . $products['products_name'] . "</h1></a></td>\n" .

This fix has been posted to the contribution page since February  :blink:

Matti

Hi,

I have the same errors with All products 3.0

Warning: main(DIR_WS_TEMPLATESTEMPLATENAME_MAIN_PAGE): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/myknifes/public_html/all_products.php on line 23

Warning: main(DIR_WS_TEMPLATESTEMPLATENAME_MAIN_PAGE): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/myknifes/public_html/all_products.php on line 23

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'DIR_WS_TEMPLATESTEMPLATENAME_MAIN_PAGE' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/myknifes/public_html/all_products.php on line 2

Unfortunately, I can't find the answer. My catalog/all_products.php file only contains this info:

<?php
/*
 $Id: all_products.php,v 3.0 2004/02/21 by Ingo ([email protected])

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2004 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

modified by schizobinky 05/23/2004
*/

require('includes/application_top.php');

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_ALL_PRODUCTS);

$breadcrumb->add(HEADING_TITLE, tep_href_link(FILENAME_ALL_PRODUCTS, '', 'NONSSL'));

$content = CONTENT_ALL_PRODUCTS;

require(DIR_WS_TEMPLATES . TEMPLATENAME_MAIN_PAGE);

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php');
?>

I don't see a fix on the contrib page.contrib

Maybe we are talking about different contribs...

Does anyone have a suggestion for me?

Tim

No the differenc eis that you are using a template system and not the default code of osCommerce to which the fix relates.

You are either using BTS or a loaded version of osCommerce.

No the differenc eis that you are using a template system and not the default code of osCommerce to which the fix relates.

You are either using BTS or a loaded version of osCommerce.

I have osCommerce 2.2 and no template system. I am not sure what BTS stands for, but the contrib I was trying to install is all_products_3_0_a_BTSv1.3

I believe what you are telling me is this is not compatible with my basic os installation.

I have osCommerce 2.2 and no template system. I am not sure what BTS stands for, but the contrib I was trying to install is all_products_3_0_a_BTSv1.3

I believe what you are telling me is this is not compatible with my basic os installation.

BTS= basic template system?

I think I see what i need now. I scrolled down farther and will add all products 2.71

This should be a full install rather than a patch like 3.0

OMG ... another f******g whiner.

"I've helped sooo much and now I want help NOW. Drop everything and HELP ME!"

Come to find out this punk only helped once out of his measley 10 posts and 9 of those posts are from this same topic he started.

STFU!

OMG ... another f******g whiner.

"I've helped sooo much and now I want help NOW.  Drop everything and HELP ME!"

Come to find out this punk only helped once out of his measley 10 posts and 9 of those posts are from this same topic he started.

STFU!

I don't think that was necessary. In fact I think it was totally uncalled for and absolutely without any value in this discussion.

Tim,

Look at your error:

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'DIR_WS_TEMPLATESTEMPLATENAME_MAIN_PAGE' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/myknifes/public_html/all_products.php on line 2

Do you notice how the constants are NOT being converted to their proper values(DIR_WS_TEMPLATES and TEMPLATENAME_MAIN_PAGE)? This tells me that you have not added the proper definitions.

The solution is to add those definitions to the proper files.

The long term solution to any issues that will arise in the future is the look at the error message and learn to decipher what it is telling you.

Bobby

So was your initial whining and I'm sure everyone will agree.  Ask nicely and you get a nice response.

I promise to behave if you promise to stop calling people "punks" and "f___ing whiners". I want to learn the proper protocol, so mistakes are eliminated in the future.

I promise to behave if you promise to stop calling people "punks" and "f___ing whiners". I want to learn the proper protocol, so mistakes are eliminated in the future.

Yah ... here's the proper protocol.

"Hi everyone. I am having a problem with XXXX and am getting XXXX errors."

NOT

"I always give and give and no one wants to help. Drop everything you are doing now and help me NOW. NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW!" meanwhile typing this you're crying with a runny nose.

And then wait a day or so for a response and then reply to your own post with a "BUMP" or "TTT".

I'm sure someone will step in to help.

Thanks for the understanding.

Tim,

The long term solution to any issues that will arise in the future is the look at the error message and learn to decipher what it is telling you. 

Bobby

I have learned a lot in the last few weeks and you are right, I have a long way to go. I have html pretty good, but php is really confusing. I have read most of the KB and I read forum posts twice daily to see what others are doing and having problems with. I have found a lot of good info before I needed it!

I have also tried searching google for php tutorials, but most are written over my head. Not that I am unable to learn it, it just seems like the authors expect the reader to have more knowledge of the subject than I do. Does anybody have a php learning site or even a book that they would recommend? I have installed several contributions and made a few css changes, but I don't know how to use } or ,)' . I have no idea where to begin making actual code changes unless the contrib spells it out for me. PMs are welcome.

Tim

I have learned a lot in the last few weeks and you are right, I have a long way to go. I have html pretty good, but php is really confusing. I have read most of the KB and I read forum posts twice daily to see what others are doing and having problems with. I have found a lot of good info before I needed it!

I have also tried searching google for php tutorials, but most are written over my head. Not that I am unable to learn it, it just seems like the authors expect the reader to have more knowledge of the subject than I do. Does anybody have a php learning site or even a book that they would recommend? I have installed several contributions and made a few css changes, but I don't know how to use } or ,)' . I have no idea where to begin making actual code changes unless the contrib spells it out for me. PMs are welcome.

Tim

PHP and MySQL For Dummies...it works for me!

• 2 weeks later...
PHP and MySQL For Dummies...it works for me!

I have never needed a 'dummies' book before, but I bought the php for dummies to help me build my website here:

http://myknifestore.net/

To all the other newbies creating their first php site, this book is well worth your time. I have already added several contributions and made many changes to the css, but now that I have 4 chapters under my belt, I am understanding the code and what characters do what in the script.