• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Attribute Sets Contribution

Hi all!

Have problem when try to edit (ver 5.5)

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

select products_options_name from products_options where products_options_id=

[TEP STOP]

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi!

another one when try add as from product parameters page

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ',,'',1)' at line 1

insert into products_attributes (products_id, options_id, options_values_id, options_values_price, price_prefix, sort_order) values (31,,,,'',1)

[TEP STOP]

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp

Hi all,

I've tried to install Attribute Sets and Attribute Sets Plus and I get PHP errors... This is extremely frustrating. I don't mean to be an ass (since MODs are free to use) but shouldn't programmers make sure MODs are working properly before placing them online? And what's with all that code to manually edit? Why can't the files already be edited so we would only have to swap them?

If someone (who's not a programmer) successfully installed this MOD, please post here, tell us what you did, and mention any pitfalls.

Thanks,

Stephan. :)

Hi all,

I've tried to install Attribute Sets and Attribute Sets Plus and I get PHP errors... This is extremely frustrating. I don't mean to be an ass (since MODs are free to use) but shouldn't programmers make sure MODs are working properly before placing them online? And what's with all that code to manually edit? Why can't the files already be edited so we would only have to swap them?

If someone (who's not a programmer) successfully installed this MOD, please post here, tell us what you did, and mention any pitfalls.

Thanks,

Stephan. :)

Well Stephan, you are being an ass.

Answers to your comments and questions: (Note: I no longer support AS, only ASP for reasons below)

Q. Shouldn't programmers make sure MODs are working properly before placing them online?

A. I am not a 'programmer' I am an IT professional that has coding experience and ability. I do many other things with my time. I provided ASP because I found many issues with Attributes Sets contribution that I fixed for my own site. It was purely out of a wish to help other people, not to become a software support organisation.

Q. shouldn't programmers make sure MODs are working properly before placing them online?

A. I for one am a stickler for performance and error free systems in commercial life. However, I had to spend my time re-writing my own code so that it would work on everyone else's system. I tested it with the tools available to me and a handful of volunteers. Unfortunately there are many scenarios (100's) and I cannot provide a full state of the art industrial strength application based on a few spare hours. In short I did my best in the time I had. In the meantime I believe a lot of oflk are benefitting from my efforts. I would add that the reult is better than many commercial apps !

Q. And what's with all that code to manually edit?

A. Firstly (and foremost) this is due to the somewhat questionable (being polite) design of osCommerce - more I shall not say on this issue - Secondly, you are welcome to spend the time to write an installer or to functionalise the code - I just did my best with what I was presented with (I did not write this from scratch, I just helped make it better - that is what this 'community' lark is about)

Q. Why can't the files already be edited so we would only have to swap them?

A. Because we all have totally different installations. You may be using a standard osC install with no other contributions, but many folk have 2 to 50 other contributions in their code, to whom a standard file would be useless. You are provided with two standalone files that makes life easier. If you need to make it easier use 'beyond compare' a very good program to help make changes (free to trial for 30 uses)

Q. If someone (who's not a programmer) successfully installed this MOD, please post here, tell us what you did, and mention any pitfalls.

A. What do think this forum thread is for?

In short pull your neck back-in, take stock, read what's going on and ensure you get your edits correct (not using any microsoft apps to edit as they leave spurious characters in the code).

If you have php errors they are usually down to your error.

Good luck (and use ASP!)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everybody,

I'm getting an error message occassionally on the admin/products_attributes_sets.php if I try to edit a list of existing product attributes... it doesn't happen often, so I'm still trying to figure out what causes it.

Anyway, the error is:

1054 - Unknown column '_4' in 'where clause'

select products_options_name from products_options where products_options_id=_4

[TEP STOP]

And I think the code it relates to is:

$optionName_sql="select products_options_name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS . " where products_options_id=".$option_id;

$optionName_query = tep_db_query($optionName_sql);

$optionName_values = tep_db_fetch_array($optionName_query);

$option_name = $optionName_values['products_options_name'];

$arrASValue = explode("_", $attributeSetValues);

If somebody has an idea of how to debug this, I'm all ears.

On another note, I have Attributes Sets Plus working on two other sites, which has been great. This site was built prior to that contribution being available. My question is, has anybody switched from AS to ASP on a live, heavily modded site, and if so, was it terribly difficult? I'm considering it, but dreading the potential for mucking it all up! :huh:

Thanks,

Janet

Hi everybody,

I'm getting an error message occassionally on the admin/products_attributes_sets.php if I try to edit a list of existing product attributes... it doesn't happen often, so I'm still trying to figure out what causes it.

Anyway, the error is:

1054 - Unknown column '_4' in 'where clause'

select products_options_name from products_options where products_options_id=_4

[TEP STOP]

And I think the code it relates to is:

$optionName_sql="select products_options_name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS . " where products_options_id=".$option_id;

$optionName_query = tep_db_query($optionName_sql);

$optionName_values = tep_db_fetch_array($optionName_query);

$option_name = $optionName_values['products_options_name'];

$arrASValue = explode("_", $attributeSetValues);

If somebody has an idea of how to debug this, I'm all ears.

On another note, I have Attributes Sets Plus working on two other sites, which has been great. This site was built prior to that contribution being available. My question is, has anybody switched from AS to ASP on a live, heavily modded site, and if so, was it terribly difficult? I'm considering it, but dreading the potential for mucking it all up! :huh:

Thanks,

Janet

Hi Janet, trust you are well.

Regarding your issues my suggestions are as follows:

1. This just a guess, might not work (as you know I don't remember how the old ASP works anymore) but try changing as follows:

$optionName_sql="select  products_options_name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS . " where  products_options_id=".$option_id;

to

$optionName_sql="select  products_options_name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS . " where  products_options_id='".$option_id."'";

That is:

- add a single quote after the =

- add dot double quote, single quote, double quote before the semicolon.

2. In my humble opinion the best way would be to use the install instructions for ASP and remove the old code step by step (from the bottom). Then install ASP from the top, that way you should not miss anything.

all the best

Chris.

Hi Janet, trust you are well.

Regarding your issues my suggestions are as follows:

1. This just a guess, might not work (as you know I don't remember how the old ASP works anymore) but try changing as follows:

$optionName_sql="select  products_options_name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS . " where  products_options_id=".$option_id;

to

$optionName_sql="select  products_options_name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS . " where  products_options_id='".$option_id."'";

That is:

- add a single quote after the =

- add dot double quote, single quote, double quote before the semicolon.

2. In my humble opinion the best way would be to use the install instructions for ASP and remove the old code step by step (from the bottom). Then install ASP from the top, that way you should not miss anything.

all the best

Chris.

Chris, once again, thank you for your assistance. :thumbsup: I've inserted the code and all seems well. We'll see if they get the error message again. I have no idea how to replicate the error consistently. BTW, what does the additional single and double quote accomplish?

I might try to remove attributes sets and install asp locally... will I lose all my attributes and/or sets, do you think?

Thanks!

Janet

Chris, once again, thank you for your assistance. :thumbsup: I've inserted the code and all seems well. We'll see if they get the error message again. I have no idea how to replicate the error consistently. BTW, what does the additional single and double quote accomplish?

I might try to remove attributes sets and install asp locally... will I lose all my attributes and/or sets, do you think?

Thanks!

Janet

Janet

A pleasure as always.

>> BTW, what does the additional single and double quote accomplish?

Well, as the data (that is the string '_4') appeared to be taken as a table name instead of data by the database, this change puts single quotes around the string sent to the database - in other words we explicitly say 'this is a string of data', not a table name. Why it was intermittent I have no idea.

>>I might try to remove attributes sets and install asp locally... will I lose all my attributes and/or sets, do you think?

Yes you will lose all your sets. They are stored in data arrays in AS, whereas ASP uses the database to store the data.

No you will not lose your attributes - these are all stored in the standard osC attributes tables

No you will not lose your products attributes from the catalog.

So once installed you have all the attributes already existing, you just need to use them to re-create the sets in ASP.

Note: There are some notes in the install of ASP on how to change the database back to standard osC when removing AS, prior to installing ASP - Its quite simple, I think you need to drop a column off product_attributes table from memory.

cheers

Chris.

I'm not sure if this has been posted, but I'm getting this error

Attribute Sets

1146 - Table 'sloaninn_p_os1.products_attributes_sets' doesn't exist

select products_attributes_sets_id, products_attributes_sets_name from products_attributes_sets where 1 order by products_attributes_sets_name

I know it's because I need to create a table, but I"m not sure how to do that?

Thanks for any help - Designer, not a Coder.

Chris

Hi, does anybody know what this error might mean? I get it sporadically when editing an attribute set, but haven't figured out why it works sometimes and not others.

Attribute Sets changes were saved.1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ',,'',1)' at line 1

insert into products_attributes (products_id, options_id, options_values_id, options_values_price, price_prefix, sort_order) values (715,,,,'',1)

[TEP STOP]

If I get the error, the attribute set and purchase button disappear from my catalog, and the option name and value are gone from my attribute set in admin.

Not sure what to to fix it. Any ideas?

As always, thanks for the assistance.

Janet :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

I just installed the newest version of this contrib today and am having a little problem. I'm getting no errors or anything, I as able to go in and make several attibute sets etc, BUT when I try and edit my products to include them the page just looks like this

http://dawnsdiapers.com/blank2.jpg

The page is totally blank below manufacturer

or if I click on the little a/s button to edit I get this

http://dawnsdiapers.com/blank.jpg

the page is totally blank except for the heading name

Any ideas what I've done? :-"

Never mind. I uninstalled this contrib and went with attribute sets plus and now don't have blank pages, BUT I do have blank attribute sets. LOL Off to that topic of discussion.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, so here is the deal ;)

I installed this MUCH needed contribution, got it working first install with no issues and it made my life easier...its been installed for about a month now-love it.

But a very weird error has been occurring-not sure it derives from this mod? I have only added this and Ultimate SEO's-so it is either one or the other, or???

Issue:

Randomly (atleast I can not attempt to MAKE it happen) I will get sizing on a shirt, pant, etc to disappear. Meaning A shirt will have the sizing listed in the pulldown of a store product page

S

M

L

XL OUT OF STOCK (for example)

And customers are emailing me about random products asking me where is the inventory listing, or sizing options, I will goto the page KNOWING I entered sizing and see that NO options for sizing is there! So I will log into ADMIN and check STOCK button of a product, it shows there are 5 in stock, but the sizing attributes are gone. I simply add a sizing attribute from the attribute sets-and POOF....its all done for me 1 SMALL 1 MEDIUM and 3 LARGES....It is like it knows what it was, but lost the atribute for a moment.

At first I guessed it was items I am adding to the SPECIALS...but that is not it-then I thought it just went away because it had been a week or so, but a customer just called now to say a pair of jeans is missing sizing!

Anyone have an idea?

it is like my database loses this attribute a little bit and needs my help to remember (lol)

Any help is appreciated

Ok, so here is the deal ;)

I installed this MUCH needed contribution, got it working first install with no issues and it made my life easier...its been installed for about a month now-love it.

But a very weird error has been occurring-not sure it derives from this mod? I have only added this and Ultimate SEO's-so it is either one or the other, or???

Issue:

Randomly (atleast I can not attempt to MAKE it happen) I will get sizing on a shirt, pant, etc to disappear. Meaning A shirt will have the sizing listed in the pulldown of a store product page

S

M

L

XL OUT OF STOCK (for example)

And customers are emailing me about random products asking me where is the inventory listing, or sizing options, I will goto the page KNOWING I entered sizing and see that NO options for sizing is there! So I will log into ADMIN and check STOCK button of a product, it shows there are 5 in stock, but the sizing attributes are gone. I simply add a sizing attribute from the attribute sets-and POOF....its all done for me 1 SMALL 1 MEDIUM and 3 LARGES....It is like it knows what it was, but lost the atribute for a moment.

At first I guessed it was items I am adding to the SPECIALS...but that is not it-then I thought it just went away because it had been a week or so, but a customer just called now to say a pair of jeans is missing sizing!

Anyone have an idea?

it is like my database loses this attribute a little bit and needs my help to remember (lol)

Any help is appreciated

My Advice: Uninstall Attributes Sets and Install Attributes Sets Plus.

You should always read the support thread for a contrib from end to end - if you read this thread you will see that attributes sets is flawed, which is why attributes sets plus was written. The uninstall of attributes sets is the reverse of install - there are some hints in the attributes sets plus install doc. Should go without a hitch if you don't make any editing mistakes.

good luck.

Chris.

My Advice: Uninstall Attributes Sets and Install Attributes Sets Plus.

You should always read the support thread for a contrib from end to end - if you read this thread you will see that attributes sets is flawed, which is why attributes sets plus was written. The uninstall of attributes sets is the reverse of install - there are some hints in the attributes sets plus install doc. Should go without a hitch if you don't make any editing mistakes.

good luck.

Chris.

Hi Chris, you really think this problem is caused by attribute sets? I mean it works great except the fact that a table in my database dissapears every once and a while.

Customer just called again-asking me what sizes are in stock (yes, a jacket was missing sizing) this was a product I have not touched in weeks.

I read as many problems with sets plus, so a little worried with both,

Hi Chris, you really think this problem is caused by attribute sets? I mean it works great except the fact that a table in my database dissapears every once and a while.

Customer just called again-asking me what sizes are in stock (yes, a jacket was missing sizing) this was a product I have not touched in weeks.

I read as many problems with sets plus, so a little worried with both,

The problems with attributes sets are associated with the use of Global php variables. Whilst some of these issues were fixed there are still issues of disappearing values. Even if you fix this one there is no guarantee it will not appear again.

Another difference is that attributes sets changes the way osC works (and changes standard table layout).

Attributes Sets Plus (ASP) does not - it just adds functionality without effecting the existing functionality.

Basically ASP works.

As with any software there are a few minor documented issues with ASP but most of the forum thread is about minor installation issues. The documented issues only effect very very few and as far as I am aware even those have been fixed or have a satisfactory workaround solution in the support thread.

So ASP works, attributes sets has problems.

Also, this version is no longer supported - the other is.

The problems with attributes sets are associated with the use of Global php variables. Whilst some of these issues were fixed there are still issues of disappearing values. Even if you fix this one there is no guarantee it will not appear again.

Another difference is that attributes sets changes the way osC works (and changes standard table layout).

Attributes Sets Plus (ASP) does not - it just adds functionality without effecting the existing functionality.

Basically ASP works.

As with any software there are a few minor documented issues with ASP but most of the forum thread is about minor installation issues. The documented issues only effect very very few and as far as I am aware even those have been fixed or have a satisfactory workaround solution in the support thread.

So ASP works, attributes sets has problems.

Also, this version is no longer supported - the other is.

I am looking through your READ ME and am not seeing a 'instructions' on how to remove attrib sets??? Where is it just sprinkled in there, or is there a specific section on removing it that I am missing?

I am looking through your READ ME and am not seeing a 'instructions' on how to remove attrib sets??? Where is it just sprinkled in there, or is there a specific section on removing it that I am missing?

This forum software is the worst! slow and never lets me edit....

anyways, only thing I need to know is how to pull the edit I did out of the database when I installed this-any tips?

• 3 weeks later...
pmfc:

Double-check the functions that were supposed to be pasted to the end of the database.php file, it looks like the jjg_db_getAttributeSetId function is not there and since it is called from the categories.php file this is why the error gets thrown there.

Cheers right back at ya.

Joey

I have the same problem. Fatal error: Call to undefined function: jjg_db_getattributesetid() in /home/richmpt/public_html/cart/admin/categories.php on line 574

Here is the code that I have near and around line 574 of my categories.php file, from lines 555 to 622. I also double checked to make sure that the jjg_db_getattributesetid() is mixed case as it should be.

<!-- //JJG building list of Attribute Sets Used - Begin -->

<?php

if( empty($pInfo->products_id) ){

$iteration = 0;

}else{

$getOptionsCount_query = tep_db_query('SELECT count(
		DISTINCT  products_attributes_sets_id ) as count
		FROM  '. TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_SETS_TO_PRODUCTS .'
		WHERE  `products_id`  ='.$pInfo->products_id);

$arr_getOptionsCount = tep_db_fetch_array($getOptionsCount_query);

$arr_pas_id = jjg_db_getAttributeSetId($pInfo->products_id);
	if( !empty($arr_pas_id) ){

$iteration = $arr_getOptionsCount['count'];

}
}

for($i=0; $i <= $iteration; $i++){
?>
	  <tr>
		<td class="main">
		<?php
			if( isset($pID) ){
				if( $i == $iteration  ){
					echo "Add An " . TEXT_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_SET;
				}else{
					echo "Using " . TEXT_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_SET;
				}
			}

?>
		</td>
		<td class="main">
			<?php
			if( isset($pID) ){
				if( $i == $iteration ){
					echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '30', '1').
					'<a href="' . tep_href_link(
					FILENAME_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_SETS_EDIT, 'pID='.$_GET['pID'].'&cPath='.$_GET['cPath']) .
					'" >'. tep_image_button('button_add_as.gif',
					'[Click To Add An A.S.]' )  .'</a>';
				}else{
					echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '24', '15') . ' ';
					echo $attribute_sets_names_array[$arr_pas_id[$i]];
					echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '24', '15');
					echo tep_draw_checkbox_field('remove_products_attributes_sets_id_'.$i);
					echo "<font size=-3>(Remove Set)</font>";
					echo tep_draw_hidden_field('products_attributes_sets_id_'.$i,
					$arr_pas_id[$i]);
				}
			}
		?>

</td>
	  </tr>
<?php
}
?>

Here is the code that I have added to my database.php file

function jjg_db_attributeSets($arr_attributeSetID, $productID, $action, $arr_remove_sets = array(), $link = 'db_link'){

//remove all references to this product_id in these tables, and reinsert new ones
  if( $action == 'update_product' || 'delete_product_confirm' ){
	  $delete_query = "delete from products_attributes_sets_to_products where products_id=".$productID;
	  tep_db_query($delete_query, $link);
  }
//if you remove the product, then our work is done
  if( $action == 'delete_product_confirm' ){
	  return;
  }

for($j=0; $j<count($arr_attributeSetID); $j++){

if( empty($arr_attributeSetID[$j]) ){
		  continue;
	  }
	if( in_array($arr_attributeSetID[$j], $arr_remove_sets) ){
		  continue;
	}

$select_query = "select products_attributes_sets_value
	FROM ". TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_SETS .
	" WHERE products_attributes_sets_id=".$arr_attributeSetID[$j];

$products_attributes_sets_query = tep_db_query($select_query, $link);

$products_attributes_sets_resultset = tep_db_fetch_array($products_attributes_sets_query);
	$products_attributes_sets_value = $products_attributes_sets_resultset['products_attributes_sets_value'];

$arrPASV = split("_",$products_attributes_sets_value);

for($i=0; $i<count($arrPASV); $i++){
		$attribSet = $arrPASV[$i];
		$arrAtom = split("/",$attribSet);

$valOptions_id = $arrAtom[0];
		$valOptions_values_id = $arrAtom[1];
		$valOptions_values_price = $arrAtom[3];
		$valPrice_prefix = $arrAtom[2];
		if( count($arrAtom)  == 5 ){
			$valSort_Order = $arrAtom[4];
		}else{
			$valSort_Order = "1";
		}
		//$valPrice_prefix = $action;

// remove references to this option_id for the product_id
	   if( $action == 'update_product' && $i == 0) {
		  $delete_query = "delete from products_attributes where products_id=".$productID. " and options_id=".$valOptions_id;
		  tep_db_query($delete_query, $link);
		 }

$insert_query = "insert into " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES .
		" (products_id, options_id, options_values_id, options_values_price, price_prefix, sort_order) values ".
		" (".$productID.",".$valOptions_id.",".$valOptions_values_id.",".$valOptions_values_price.",'".$valPrice_prefix."',".$valSort_Order.")";
		tep_db_query($insert_query, $link);
	}

$insert_query = "insert into ".TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_SETS_TO_PRODUCTS .
	" (products_attributes_sets_id, products_id) values (".$arr_attributeSetID[$j].",".$productID.")";
	tep_db_query($insert_query, $link);
	}
 }

Any help is much appreciated. :sweating:

Just hangin' out in the zoo!

• 2 months later...

apologies if this has been asked before - I couldn't through 30+ pages on this thread and the search brought up nothing. Does this great mod work with any Product Attribute stock controllers? (say I have the mod which counts exactly how many Small, Medium and Large t-shirts I have in stock) - any issues/probs etc?

cheers

apologies if this has been asked before - I couldn't through 30+ pages on this thread and the search brought up nothing. Does this great mod work with any Product Attribute stock controllers? (say I have the mod which counts exactly how many Small, Medium and Large t-shirts I have in stock) - any issues/probs etc?

cheers

Hi - I am not sure you read ANY of the recent posts in this thread.

This version is no longer supported. Check out Attributes Sets Plus here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...,attribute+sets

The new version does not change any standard osC tables and I have not heard of any problems with other contributions. It should work with your other mod.

regards

Chris.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

With this contribution, can you create specific attribute sets with specfic prices and then once you have assigned the attributes to each of your products, will modifying an attribute (such as price) modify all of the existing products?

As an example, I am listing t-shirts - Small, Medium and Large. In this case, the smallest t-shirt is $1.00, medium is $2.00 and large is $3.00

After assigning these attributes to over 50 different t-shirts, all small, medium and large, if I wanted to say change the price of all medium shirts to $1.25, is there a quick way of doing this through the attributes?

Any help or pointers are much appreciated.

--

Cheers,

John

With this contribution, can you create specific attribute sets with specfic prices and then once you have assigned the attributes to each of your products, will modifying an attribute (such as price) modify all of the existing products?

As an example, I am listing t-shirts - Small, Medium and Large. In this case, the smallest t-shirt is $1.00, medium is $2.00 and large is $3.00

After assigning these attributes to over 50 different t-shirts, all small, medium and large, if I wanted to say change the price of all medium shirts to $1.25, is there a quick way of doing this through the attributes?

Any help or pointers are much appreciated.

In a rush but the sort answer is no.

I would suggest using EasyPopulate contrib for this type of operation.

Alternatively I have some new code in Beta stage - if it is for the entire database or for a particular manufacturer the new code will delete and replace the required set (i.e. size set) for all products in a particular manufacturer (or ALL products); by category is also under development. Alas, no one has offered to test it for me so it is not yet incorprated.

regards

Chris.

Hi,

I have one "feature request" for this contribution. Wouldn't it be great to have different model numbers for all the options? I sell knives which are available with many different wooden handles, different sizes.........

If I have only one model number for a product with about 60 possible combinations it's quite difficult to search for the right product.

Is there a contribution or has someone an idea how to create this feature???