• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Attribute Sets Contribution

Found the "redeclare tep_db_connect()" problem - a program file was where the language file should be. When unzipping the contribution wasn't sure which were the progrm & language files, maybe a slight rename to differeniate the two file types.

In the lower left of this page you'll see a text box that is labelled "Search This Topic", enter "redeclare tep_db_connect()" and the results should lead you to some answers.

When you find the answer can you please post it here for others.

Thanks,

Joey

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I too am having problems with checking (saving) an attribute set.

I click the checkbox, hit the SAVE button, receive the success message but it doesn't write (save) to the table.

Please help.

I can see and use the AS round button but when I check an attribute set to add and click save, it says product update successful, but it doesn't actually save it.  As well as after adding a product and returning to edit it, the Add A.S button doesn't show up on the edit page.

Anyone have this working with the add-weight-to-product-attributes Contrib? I know the only way it *could* work presently is if you could create the attribute sets and then go back and add the weight and price to add in the standard Attributes manager. That's just assuming that none of the revised code sections break any of it. A lot of work to do the manual install just to test it, so let me know if anyone has it working! :thumbsup:

I have added add-weight-to-product-attributes v0.2 earlier on.

Now I want to add  this Attribute Set contribution. Does it caused a clash if I just add on the code?

So if I add the codes now, would this contribution work with add-weight-to-product-attributes v0.2 ??

Sry, I'm just a begineer in php and stuff but I'm hanging in there with good step by step guides.

I'm in an Art business, will be selling printed arts thru Oscommerce with capability of choosing a Frame ID thru the drop down options. Different frames have different weights and price..

I'm wondering why this contribution isnt added to Oscommerce by default, guess the default isnt meant for 10 or more items else it would be a nightmare over at the attribute section !!

Fixed my problem below - I had to remove the Register Globals contribution I had previously added.

I too am having problems with checking (saving) an attribute set.

I click the checkbox, hit the SAVE button, receive the success message but it doesn't write (save) to the table.

Please help.

Well, someone mentioned earlier about being new to this stuff... and I am the president of that group. Where should I be editing my files at? I do not have a catalog/admin in Webshell3. I have downloaded the oscommerce file that contains all the files listed in the installation manual for this contribution, should I be editing them on my hard drive.. then upload? If so how do I upload a file to catalog/admin when there is no such file elsewhere besides my hard drive. I have an admin folder and a catalog folder in WebShell3 but that's it, no catalog/admin folders there. I'm just now learning what .php is before i begin learning .php so I'm wayyyyy lost at the moment. I can build a pretty decent flash site.. but this is new and I'm trying to learn it all in one day it seems. I'm selling clothes mainly so I really would appreciate this contrib. once I get it installed and working. Thanks in advance to anyone willing to spit some advice my way.

- Josh :thumbsup:

Never never NEVER use your file manager with OSC to edit files. Always edit your file locally on your hard drive then upload using an ftp program that uploads php in ASCII mode, not binary.

I have just installed the attribute sets contribution and the rest of it seem to be working fine, but when I try to delete an item, I get the screen. Can you tell me how to correct it please?

Hello,

Did anyone find a solution to this? Deleting any product renders the same problem above, even if it does not have AS set to them. Just wondering if anyone got a workaround for this.

It actually deletes the products etc, but the error still persists.

Thanks a lot guys/gals!

Hello,

Did anyone find a solution to this? Deleting any product renders the same problem above, even if it does not have AS set to them. Just wondering if anyone got a workaround for this.

It actually deletes the products etc, but the error still persists.

Thanks a lot guys/gals!

Never mind, used the post_vars for products_id instead, now it works... Great mod btw Joey!

If anyone finds a fix, could they please let me know because I'd like to make the fix on the next version.

All I get is "can you help me ...." it would be nice to get some people trying to help the cause.

I'm a little frustrated, people are quick to criticize but slow to provide any help.

Joey

BTW, I just uploaded version 5.3.

In the install file in step 7.1b, I used a post method instead of get ($_POST['products_id'] instead of $_GET['products_id'])

That's about it.

Hi I'm new here, that's my first post :blush:

BTW I just wanna ask if there's a chance to include in the attributes sets the weight attribute.

In fact before installing the Attributes Sets I've already installed the add-weight-to-product-attributes v0.2.

Now I'll try to figure out how these two contributions can work together but I'm almost totally newbie to PHP so I only expect to screw all up :'(

Anyone (more expert than me) did find himself in the same situation with these two contribs?

Thx for all answers and thx for all the good contributions out there

:thumbsup:

(soz for my english, I know it sucks)

If anyone finds a fix, could they please let me know because I'd like to make the fix on the next version.

All I get is "can you help me ...." it would be nice to get some people trying to help the cause.

I'm a little frustrated, people are quick to criticize but slow to provide any help.

Joey

Joey - which problem needs a fix? (sorry - a bit busy to follow thread but will try to help if I can)

Joey

PS.

fyi some of the additions I have made off the top of my head:

- as previously mentioned now works from tables instead of arrays/strings:

- updated the add attribute sets function to NOT delete existing product attributes (that are not in attributes sets).

- integrated with easypopulate to automatically add sets to incoming products. This means much more manageable files to upload (I have sets with 50 options!). To make this user friendly would need a little extra effort but I know how I'd do it: quite easy really.

As said before thanks for the contrib - saved my life. Sorry I can't help with current versions unless its a historic problem.

cheers

Chris

Chris, you've already been a big help!!!!

I was just making a comment that someone found a legitimate bug but didn't both to notify me.

Thanks for all your help Chris.

Joey

P.S. I've uploaded version 5.5

Joey - which problem needs a fix? (sorry - a bit busy to follow thread but will try to help if I can)

I just installed it

while inserting a new product, iam getting this error :

1054 - Unknown column 'products_name' in 'field list'

update products set products_name = 'testing', products_description = '', products_url = '' where products_id = '29'

[TEP STOP]

the file : admin/categories.php

plz help

i went to add an attribute and go this error

Attribute Sets Edit

1146 - Table 'ftss.products_attributes' doesn't exist

delete from products_attributes where products_id=30

[TEP STOP]

what is wrong?

i installed everything however i did get an error while running the sql file maybe thats it? but i see the tables were created

ok i got it installed successfully

NOW when i creat a product attribute and add a sett to a product it tells me the product was updated succesfully but when i go to view it there is no attribute added to it. what is missing?

Please help. I am so confused. I am trying to add attributes to my shopping cart. I have candles, and have a list of scents that I want displayed in a dropdown box. I have over 140 scents, but only 1 comes up. I have been reading for days about how to fix this, but I am so confused. I have never built a website before, don't know anything about php, sql, or anything else I've read. Everything I've read assumes the reader knows what they're doing. Is there a place for real dummies to learn this stuff? I am using ipowerweb for my host and oscommerce is included in the package. I have not downloaded anything to my computer, I am doing everything on a webpage. Below is what I get. It doesn't look anything like some of the things I've read in this thread, and nowhere does it say attribute sets.

Product Options

Option IDOption Name

1 |

ID Option Name Action

1 scent

2 en:

Option Values

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | >>

ID Option Name Option Value Action

1 scent Amber Musk

2 scent Baby Powder

3 scent Banana Nut Bread

4 scent Bare Naked

5 scent Bayberry

6 scent Best Friends

7 scent Blackberry Jam

8 scent Black Cherry

9 scent Blueberry Muffins

10 scent Brown Sugar

146 scent en:

Products Attributes

1 |

ID Product Name Option Name Option Value Value Price Prefix Action

I hope someone can point me in the right direction to figure this out. I just want to cry.

Joyce

Please help.  I am so confused.  I am trying to add attributes to my shopping cart.  I have candles, and have a list of scents that I want displayed in a dropdown box.  I have over 140 scents, but only 1 comes up.  I have been reading for days about how to fix this, but I am so confused.  I have never built a website before, don't know anything about php, sql, or anything else I've read. 

Assuming you have not added the 'Attribute Sets' functionality to your site (ie you are using standard osC) then it sounds like you have completed only two of three required steps.

1. Create the Product Option

2. Create your 140 Option Values

3. You will need to assign each of the possible option values to your product one at a time (these are called product attributes)

If however you installed the 'product attributes sets' contribution (or get someone to do it for you) you would create a set called Scents Set and assign 140 values to it. You can then assign your set (once) to each product that needs it.

So if you have only one product that needs all these options then you don't need the contribution. If you have lots of products that need 140 options then you would be advised to think about installing attributes sets.

Hope that helps

cheer up - we've all been there!

Chris.

Edited by toasty

Thank you! Last night I gave up and went to bed very frustrated. I have a positive attitude this morning and am willing to give it another try and I have the whole day free to devote to doing this.

No, I have not downloaded attribute sets (partly because I don't know where to find it or how to upload anything to oscommerce). So I will do as you say and assign the different scents one by one to the 3 products I have on the site so far and hope that gives me a dropdown box with all 140 scents.

Joyce