• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Attribute Sets Contribution

Greetings folks.

I love the idea of this contribution, I just want to get it to work... :blink:

This is a fresh install on V 2.2

I followed the dirs to the letter, heading all warnings and cut paste the code manually not with find/replace.

The SQL upload was successfull, i see the tables and the modified one.

I even droped them and re installed them but getting the same error.

This happens when in admin and click the "attributes sets" in the "catalog"

Attribute Sets 

1146 - Table 'mysql39301ecf41b2eb8431be7d2c2e7.table_products_attributes_sets' doesn't exist

select products_attributes_sets_id, products_attributes_sets_name from TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_SETS where 1 order by products_attributes_sets_name

[TEP STOP]

Running:

phpMyAdmin 2.5.3-rc2

MySQL 4.0.20a-nt

This version of os commerce was installed by plesk 7.03 windows 2003 server.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Thank you so much for the respinse, it turns out it was an ID10T error on my part, some how I neglegted to upload the database_tables.php file after I modified it...... :-"

but you sent me right where it was......

Weeee look at me on the yellow short bus......

Thanks again, great contr by the way...

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see and use the AS round button but when I check an attribute set to add and click save, it says product update successful, but it doesn't actually save it. As well as after adding a product and returning to edit it, the Add A.S button doesn't show up on the edit page.

It cannot show up when you are adding a new product because there is no product_id to attach the Attribute Set to yet.? Once you've added a product then edit it again and you should see the Add A.S. button or, after you add your product you can see a little round button that has an "A S" next to your product in the Categories/Products list, click on that to add your attribute sets.

Joey

Edited by rkoechel2004

rkoechel2004

Joey

Now that you've finally and absolutely brought your final version to the world with all its wonderful wizardry (that we so adore)....ummmmm, well....I've re-written some of it :blush:

I haven't finished testing yet and I will totally understand if you are not interested but in summary this is what I have done:

Purpose:

To run products attributes sets (i.e. same basic logic and functions) with sort but without changes to core osC products_attributes table.

Database Change

I have created an additional table called products_attributes_sets_elements and this is where the sort column now lies, along with all the elements data (previously your products_attributes_sets values data), with the exception of the 'option_id' that remains in products_attributes_sets table.

Code Changes

Removal of the string/arrays manipulation logic for values replaced with SQL selects using new structure.

This makes your contribution more friendly to others without additional custom work.

I will not offer this solution to anyone unless you wish to adopt it as part of yours because I do not have time to support it single handedly (and would not want to confuse the issue).

If you wish to know more - have a look - let me know - its mainly the database.php file and products_attributes_sets.php that have been alterred.

let me know what you think

all the best

Chris.

Edited by toasty

Joey

Now that you've finally and absolutely brought your final version to the world with all its wonderful wizardry (that we so adore)....ummmmm, well....I've re-written some of it  :blush:

I haven't finished testing yet and I will totally understand if you are not interested but in summary this is what I have done:

Purpose:

To run products attributes sets (i.e. same basic logic and functions) with sort but without changes to  core osC products_attributes table.

Database Change

I have created an additional table called products_attributes_sets_elements and this is where the sort column now lies, along with all the elements data (previously your products_attributes_sets values data), with the exception of the 'option_id' that remains in products_attributes_sets table.

Code Changes

Removal of the string/arrays manipulation logic for values replaced with SQL selects using new structure.

This makes your contribution more friendly to others without additional custom work.

I will not offer this solution to anyone unless you wish to adopt it as part of yours because I do not have time to support it single handedly (and would not want to confuse the issue).

If you wish to know more - have a look - let me know - its mainly the database.php file and products_attributes_sets.php that have been alterred.

let me know what you think

all the best

Chris.

PS - I've done a bit more testing - seems to be working fine now. Let me know if you are interested.

Can someone help? i am new to all of this but its fun learning! I did everything that it said in the attributes sets download, BUT im having trouble w/ one thing, i noticed the first step says "create two tables called xxxxxx and then says "use attributesets.spl file tocreate these tables. thats where i got lost. can someone walk me thru that? I mean, i go to myphpadmin and then how do i do i do that step? Im sorry if this is a stupid question, im new but trying to learn!

Can someone help? i am new to all of this but its fun learning!  I did everything that it said in the attributes sets download, BUT im having trouble w/ one thing, i noticed the first step says "create two tables called xxxxxx and then says "use attributesets.spl file tocreate these tables.  thats where i got lost.  can someone walk me thru that?  I mean, i go to myphpadmin and then how do i do i do that step?  Im sorry if this is a stupid question, im new but trying to learn!

Just go into phpMyAdmen and click on the SQL tab. You should see a file upload field... just choose browse, select the file and let phpMyAdmin do the rest.

Janet

Thanks, its funny, I suddenly had a revelation lol and i said "IM SO STUPID!" lol i forgot that the sql file is inside that file i downloaded lol thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have added add-weight-to-product-attributes v0.2 earlier on.

Now I want to add this Attribute Set contribution. Does it caused a clash if I just add on the code?

So if I add the codes now, would this contribution work with add-weight-to-product-attributes v0.2 ??

Sry, I'm just a begineer in php and stuff but I'm hanging in there with good step by step guides.

I'm in an Art business, will be selling printed arts thru Oscommerce with capability of choosing a Frame ID thru the drop down options. Different frames have different weights and price..

I'm wondering why this contribution isnt added to Oscommerce by default, guess the default isnt meant for 10 or more items else it would be a nightmare over at the attribute section !!

i followed all of the steps for the Attr Sets contribution, but when i go into my admin to see if it worked, i click on "attribute sets" in the panel and i just get a blank page. Can someone help?

(did i do step 5 right? I just copied and pasted the database.txt file before the ?>)

thanks!

Hi,

I've installed "Attribute Sets" but I'm getting the following error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_db_connect() in ....admin\includes\functions\database.php on line 13

Any ideas?

Thanks Mark.

Hi,

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_db_connect() in ....admin\includes\functions\database.php on line 13

Any ideas?

Thanks Mark.

Mark I am not sure why you are getting this error. I can only surmise you have made a mistake following the install instructions (don't worry we all do it).

The error means what it says - you are declaring the function twice - but you should'nt be. This is either caused by an extra 'include' somewhere or by having the function twice - because you have not added this function again during this install (it is core osC) I suspect it is the former problem.

What does the address bar in your browser say? Please copy and paste it here to help find anything obvious.

C.

Chris,

My Address bar says:

http://localhost/admin/products_attributes...pID=28&cPath=21

Mark.

Mark I am not sure why you are getting this error. I can only surmise you have made a mistake following the install instructions (don't worry we all do it).

The error means what it says - you are declaring the function twice - but you should'nt be. This is either caused by an extra  'include' somewhere or by having the function twice - because you have not added this function again during this install (it is core osC) I suspect it is the former problem.

What does the address bar in your browser say? Please copy and paste it here to help find anything obvious.

C.

So your error is likely to be in either:

products_attributes_sets_edit.php or your functions/database.php file

Try replacing the file database.php with your backup copy, then re-paste in the new functions at the bottom. - if that fails try re-installing the original products_attributes_sets_edit.

good luck.

Replaced the new database.php with the original, still same problem. Could this be occuring as a result of the Register Globals setting?

I'm now just double-checking I've completed the Register Global contribution...

So your error is likely to be in either:

products_attributes_sets_edit.php or your functions/database.php file

Try replacing the file database.php  with your backup copy, then re-paste in the new functions at the bottom.  - if that fails try  re-installing the original  products_attributes_sets_edit.

good luck.

Replaced the new database.php with the original, still same problem.  Could this be occuring as a result of the Register Globals setting?

I'm now just double-checking I've completed the Register Global contribution...

Hmmmm ... tricky. As for register_globals this is not a typical symptom. It does sound as if you have some sort of bug in the code though. Is that the ONLY error info?

You could paste the database code here to see if there is anything blindingly obvious (but I'm off to bed as it is 1 am in the UK). No other suggestions just now, sorry; (except it will be something obvious!)

gnite!

Edited by toasty

Hi,

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ',,'',1)' at line 1

insert into products_attributes (products_id, options_id, options_values_id, options_values_price, price_prefix, sort_order) values (31,,,,'',1)

[TEP STOP]

Any ideas?

Thanks Rowie.

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

delete from products_attributes where products_id=

[TEP STOP]

I have just installed the attribute sets contribution and the rest of it seem to be working fine, but when I try to delete an item, I get the screen. Can you tell me how to correct it please?

Also, since installing this contribution, my oscommerce has changed. Before, when you click on a product, it displays the page like this:

colourproducts9md.jpg

But now it displays it like this with no blue background on the side columns:

nocolour0kk.jpg

Can you tell me how I should correct this please?

Edited by Jack_UK

Mark this error has been posted before by others you might want to search this thread for the solution, but I can tell you that it is an installation error. Luckily it is in a file that would be easy to debug because it isn't too big. Look for multiple "function tep_db_connect()" statements

Joey

Hi,

Any ideas?

Thanks Mark.

Jack, I would restore your backup copy of the product_info.php page and see what you get. Please post a screen shot.

Joey

Also, since installing this contribution, my oscommerce has changed. Before, when you click on a product, it displays the page like this:

colourproducts9md.jpg

But now it displays it like this with no blue background on the side columns:

nocolour0kk.jpg

Can you tell me how I should correct this please?

In the lower left of this page you'll see a text box that is labelled "Search This Topic", enter "redeclare tep_db_connect()" and the results should lead you to some answers.

When you find the answer can you please post it here for others.

Thanks,

Joey

Hi,

Any ideas?

Thanks Mark.

Please provide more specific information.

Thanks.

Joey

Hi,

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ',,'',1)' at line 1

insert into products_attributes (products_id, options_id, options_values_id, options_values_price, price_prefix, sort_order) values (31,,,,'',1)

[TEP STOP]

Any ideas?

Thanks Rowie.