• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Attribute Sets Contribution

Thanks Joey. This thing works great. I was gonna give up osCommerce caz of this product attribute problem. Now it is much much easier to manage options and etc.

By the way is there anyway to display the option names same order of attribute set like in the admin product page? Store's product listing page always display in alphabet order.

Michael

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do have a few questions since getting the contribution working. When I am creating a set and choosing my options for that set, I get large blank area in the drop down menu, like maybe there are blank entries. Not really an issue and it may actually be something I have done.

Also is there a way to have all your sets show up at one time when adding a product rather going back and editing each product to add a new set?

Thanks

I have Attribute Sets V4 installed, and it was working, but now I'm getting errors. I hope this is an easy fix, but I'm lost as to where to look. I get the error when deleted products from the admin area. The error I get is:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

delete from products_attributes where products_id=

[TEP STOP]

on this url:

/catalog/admin/categories.php?action=delete_product_confirm&cPath=81

Is this something connected to Attribute Sets or something else?

Many thanks,

Janet

Hi, has someone done a mod of this beautiful contribution where you can add an attribute set to ALL products in the catalog?

TIA

Monika

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

I installed version 4 last night and I get the below message when I try to edit or delete an attribute set. Any ideas?

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

select * from products_attributes_sets where products_attributes_sets_id=

[TEP STOP]

rkoechel2004

Hi, has someone done a mod of this beautiful contribution where you can add an attribute set to ALL products in the catalog?

TIA

Monika

Hi,

not sure if anyone needs it but I managed to add a button to the attribute sets page next to the edit button with which you can add that set to all valid products in your store ...

It does not delete any other set info from the options of a product. I'm planning to work through the editing of sets too so it only edits that one set, without deleting stuff ... this is important for my customer, as prices will change often.

Monika

Monika

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

I do have a few questions since getting the contribution working. When I am creating a set and choosing my options for that set, I get large blank area in the drop down menu, like maybe there are blank entries. Not really an issue and it may actually be something I have done.

Also is there a way to have all your sets show up at one time when adding a product rather going back and editing each product to add a new set?

Thanks

I am getting this whitespace problem also ... does anyone know what it is from? It would be nice to fix as it is rather annoying.

Thanks

Please try to give more information. Exactly which page did this happen on? What did you click on? Did you just install it and that's it? Did you add an Attribute Set at all? Was it ever working?

Thanks.

Joey

I installed version 4 last night and I get the below message when I try to edit or delete an attribute set.  Any ideas?

[TEP STOP]

If it doesn't delete any set info then you're going to have duplicates where attributes already exist. Please be careful, what one person needs may not be what everyone needs.

If you get it working and you want to offer it as an add-on to the Attribute Sets contribution make sure you make a separate contribution. The last person who made changes was never heard from again and introduced a lot of errors.

Joey

Hi,

not sure if anyone needs it but I managed to add a button to the attribute sets page next to the edit button with which you can add that set to all valid products in your store ...

It does not delete any other set info from the options of a product. I'm planning to work through the editing of sets too so it only edits that one set, without deleting stuff ... this is important for my customer, as prices will change often.

Monika

There must be a problem with the names of the Attribute Sets you created. I wonder if you entered a special character (such as an apostrophe) in the Set's name that wiped away the rest of the data in that line ( much like a SQL Injection Attack works). I would check your site's database for a table that is called "products_attributes_sets". Show all records in this table to see if the "products_attributes_sets_name" fields is blank in any record. If so, you might as well remove those Sets and re-add them without any special characters if possible.

Joey

I am getting this whitespace problem also ... does anyone know what it is from? It would be nice to fix as it is rather annoying.

Thanks

You need to give more information. Your link didn't show anything. You may have a database issue because when I click on a car it can't show anything. If you think it is my code, comment it out to see exactly which line causes the error.

Joey

Hi

I have installed your mod into my web but in the prodcut page no Atrubbutes are showed, do you know what can be wrong?

THANKS!

Link:  http://www.telecomlibre.net/ford/product_i...3&products_id=1

You might want to take a look at the code to see where it displays the options and see what field it is keying on to order the options, then all you have to do is change the "ORDER BY ..." clause to order by a different field.

Joey

Thanks Joey. This thing works great. I was gonna give up osCommerce caz of this product attribute problem. Now it is much much easier to manage options and etc.

By the way is there anyway to display the option names same order of attribute set like in the admin product page? Store's product listing page always display in alphabet order.

Michael

See my answer for your first error (the blanks).

Your second request is definetly on the top of my list for my next release which I hope to sit down and just code it soon, because this has been hanging over me for a long time. I figure that will be the last common feature that people would want. Of course, you can never please everyone.

Actually coding it up is quicker than updating the install instructions, these install instructions are getting so long that it is starting to prevent me from want to add anymore features. I'll add in the feature to add many Attribute Sets in one product edit session then I'll just kick back and help people fix their bugs.

Joey

Thanks

Janet, it looks like it is missing the product_id which specifies which product to delete. I need more information to be helpful.

Were you removing attributes from a product using the osCOmmerce Attributes interface or were you using my Attrubute Sets interface? Did you click on the "Delete" button on my Attribute Sets page and got this error?

Help me, and I can help you.

Joey

I have Attribute Sets V4 installed, and it was working, but now I'm getting errors.  I hope this is an easy fix, but I'm lost as to where to look.  I get the error when deleted products from the admin area.  The error I get is:

delete from products_attributes where products_id=

[TEP STOP]

on this url:

/catalog/admin/categories.php?action=delete_product_confirm&cPath=81

Is this something connected to Attribute Sets or something else?

Many thanks,

Janet

If it doesn't delete any set info then you're going to have duplicates where attributes already exist.  Please be careful, what one person needs may not be what everyone needs. 

If you get it working and you want to offer it as an add-on to the Attribute Sets contribution make sure you make a separate contribution.  The last person who made changes was never heard from again and introduced a lot of errors.

Joey

Hi Joey,

I'd never dare to add to your contrib, it was so much work for you and I won't take the honors for a minor mod I needed. It was just important to me that only the set we edit is worked on, and all other sets will not be touched.

When applying a set to all products, of course I first delete all option info, but only from the set in question. No duplicates in my case.

Monika

Monika

I am working on version 5 that will allow a user to add as many Attribute Sets to a product in a single edit session. As far as the coding goes, I am about 80% done, then I will have to update the install instructions which I need to go through like a fine tooth comb.

Hopefully by the end of the week, depending how my week goes.

Joey

Janet, it looks like it is missing the product_id which specifies which product to delete.  I need more information to be helpful.

Were you removing attributes from a product using the osCOmmerce Attributes interface or were you using my Attrubute Sets interface?  Did you click on the "Delete" button on my Attribute Sets page and got this error?

Help me, and I can help you.

Joey

Hi Joey, thanks for your help. I am getting the error in a few places... first when deleting actual products from the database using the admin pages... The products seem to delete in the end, so I've just been ignoring the error :blush:

On the products attributes sets pages, I get the following error if I click to edit an attribute sets, and the same error I get when clicking the delete button for the attribute sets page:

[TEP STOP]

Coding and my (limited) testing is now complete for version 5.0. Now I just have to update the install instructions.

I have to say, I am pretty excited about this version because it just feels like it is done right! I think you all will like it. :-)

I actually removed old code, so upgrading might be a little tricky but I will try and do a super good job on the install instructions and the upgrade (4 to 5) instructions.

Give me at least a week.

Joey

I am working on version 5 that will allow a user to add as many Attribute Sets to a product in a single edit session.  As far as the coding goes, I am about 80% done, then I will have to update the install instructions which I need to go through like a fine tooth comb.

Hopefully by the end of the week, depending how my week goes.

Joey

Janet on the Attribute Sets main page hold your mouse cursor over the "Edit" and "Delete" buttons and look at the status bar (bottom of your browser). What do you see?

You should see something like this: http://jjgdesktop/catalog/admin/products_a...ete&attset_id=8

You'll see a different domain name than mine (jjgdesktop) but what I care about is the number after the "&attset_id=", as you can see in my example it is an "8", do you see a number at all?

Joey

Hi Joey, thanks for your help.  I am getting the error in a few places... first when deleting actual products from the database using the admin pages...  The products seem to delete in the end, so I've just been ignoring the error  :blush: 

On the products attributes sets pages, I get the following error if I click to edit an attribute sets, and the same error I get when clicking the delete button for the attribute sets page:

[TEP STOP]

Janet on the Attribute Sets main page hold your mouse cursor over the "Edit" and "Delete" buttons and look at the status bar (bottom of your browser).  What do you see? 

You should see something like this: http://jjgdesktop/catalog/admin/products_a...ete&attset_id=8

You'll see a different domain name than mine (jjgdesktop) but what I care about is the number after the "&attset_id=", as you can see in my example it is an "8", do you see a number at all?

Joey

It reads ...products_attributes_sets.php?action=edit&attset_id=39&osCAdminID=3d77ff9f3e17d688067694932fecc8a4

and ...products_attributes_sets.php?action=delete&attset_id=39&osCAdminID=3d77ff9f...

Coding and my (limited) testing is now complete for version 5.0.  Now I just have to update the install instructions.

I have to say, I am pretty excited about this version because it just feels like it is done right!  I think you all will like it. :-)

I actually removed old code, so upgrading might be a little tricky but I will try and do a super good job on the install instructions and the upgrade (4 to 5) instructions.

Give me at least a week.

Joey

Joey

I'm chomping at the bit here, fingers hovering over the keyboard. This is one of the final tasks on my current job.

If you want me to help test it let it rip - I can't wait a week - I'd have to go with the old version and tweak it a bit - I'd prefer your new one though - save me a lot of agro by the sounds of it - happy to feedback experience and debugging etc.

Bring it on!

cheers

Chris.

I'm not ignoring you, I'm just puzzled. Your url has what it needs.

I was working with Chris on some beta testing on my contribution's version 5 and he made me aware that I rely on a setting for register_globals set to "on", which means that the variable you see in the url below called "attset_id" is automatically used in my code like this $attset_id instead of explicitly setting it to a variable like this $HTTP_POST_VARS['attset_id']. This may be why your $attset_id is not working.

To check this setting make a file called phpinfo.php and put inside this file this line:

<?php

echo phpInfo();

?>

Display this page in your browser and report back what your "register_globals" setting says, "on" or "off"?

Joey

It reads ...products_attributes_sets.php?action=edit&attset_id=39&osCAdminID=3d77ff9f3e17d688067694932fecc8a4

and ...products_attributes_sets.php?action=delete&attset_id=39&osCAdminID=3d77ff9f...