• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Attribute Sets Contribution

I got a kitchen pass to spend some hours to fix add in a few features.

I will definitely add in the modify capability and the capability to have the option values sorted.

Anything else? I'm not going to make any promises of features other than these two but I'll consider anything and if I "open the hood" on this contribution I might as well add in anything else as long as it is good for the general user.

I'm thinking between now and and the Friday after Thanksgiving, hopefully sooner.

I will not do it from version 3. It will be from my version 2.1.

Joey

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand what value the weight adds? If I did, I'm not going to do anything with it, such as add it to the weight of the products.

I my opinion that wouldn't add value for the general public and would require more coding in other locations, outside the Attribute Sets pages, such as the Shopping Cart and I'm not going to open that can of worms, at least not for an open forum.

I may, not understand your request, if so please explain?

Joey

if you are going to add the option values sort, you should probably add the additional weight feature, which would make it very solid all the way across.

Hi,

Can someone help with this error. When I log into the admin area and select catalog the following error appears

Parse error: parse error, unexpected $ in /home/matty1/public_html/testshop/admin/categories.php on line 1894

This is my line 1894 in categories.php

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php'); ?>

I also have "MaxiDVD Ultimate Images Pack!"

Thanks in advance

the value the weight adds, is this:

Say you have a product which is for download which you have setup as an attributes.

The same product is also sold in cd format, thus this attribute now has an additional cose and the weight to ship.

This is one of the items that the team is looking to incorporate into the attributes as a standard, fi enough ask for it, instead of in an attribute.

it is part of tha attributes options.

as that is the last line in the app, i doubt the error is there but above. post about the last 10 lines or so.

did this come about after you installed attribute sets? or is this unrelated?

Hi,

Can someone help with this error. When I log into the admin area and select catalog the following error appears

Parse error: parse error, unexpected $ in /home/matty1/public_html/testshop/admin/categories.php on line 1894

Thanks in advance

as that is the last line in the app, i doubt the error is there but above.  post about the last 10 lines or so.

did this come about after you installed attribute sets?  or is this unrelated?

Mibble,

This has only happend since I installed Attribute Set. I am not sure but think maybe it has something to do with the code below. The reason I say that is because of the other contribution I have tried to merge it with.

I can post more of the code if required.

Thanks for your help

if (($HTTP_POST_VARS['unlink_image_xl_6'] == 'yes') or ($HTTP_POST_VARS['delete_image_xl_6'] == 'yes')) {

$products_image_xl_6 = '';

$products_image_xl_6_name = '';

} elseif (WYSIWYG_USE_PHP_IMAGE_MANAGER == 'Disable') {

$products_image_xl_6 = new upload('products_image_xl_6');

$products_image_xl_6->set_destination(DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES);

if ($products_image_xl_6->parse() && $products_image_xl_6->save()) {

$products_image_xl_6_name = $products_image_xl_6->filename;

} else {

$products_image_xl_6_name = (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_previous_image_xl_6']) ? $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_previous_image_xl_6'] : '');

}

} else {

if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_image_xl_6']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_image_xl_6']) && ($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_image_xl_6'] != 'none')) {

$products_image_xl_6_name = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_image_xl_6'];

} else {

$products_image_xl_6_name = (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_previous_image_xl_6']) ? $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_previous_image_xl_6'] : '');

}

//JJG preview - warning that an Attribute Set is set to '--none--' Begin

$WARNING_MSG = "<b>ATTRIBUTE SET WARNING:</b> At least one Attribute Set is set to '--none--'";

$WARNING_MSG .= " of the ".$HTTP_POST_VARS['AttributeSetCount']. " total set(s) used for this product.";

for($i=0; $i<$HTTP_POST_VARS['AttributeSetCount']; $i++){

if( empty($HTTP_POST_VARS["products_attributes_sets_id_$i"]) ){

$messageStack->add($WARNING_MSG, 'error');

}

}

//JJG preview - warning that an Attribute Set is set to '--none--' End

break;

// EOF MaxiDVD: Modified For Ultimate Images Pack!

}

}

// check if the catalog image directory exists

Here are the last 12 lines of code

<!-- body_text_eof //-->

</tr>

</table>

<!-- body_eof //-->

<!-- footer //-->

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'footer.php'); ?>

<!-- footer_eof //-->

<br>

</body>

</html>

I'm looking forward to the update for the attribute sets. It's something i need to install for a client ASAP, and I don't want to have to install the previous version and then upgrade to 3.0 (as with the current contribution).

I hope this will be a full-release!

Good luck with the development of it!

-George

It is done.

Additions: I added a modify capability and a sort order capability for the attributes.

Modifications: I've also changed the database field from varchar(255) to just "text" for the Attribute Set value so people can make huge Attribute Sets.

I've unit tested it on my machine, but before I just put it out there for the masses I want some beta testers to not only test the new code but also give me feedback on the installation instructions. So please send me a message if you want to help beta test it.

Once the beta testing proves solid, then I'll post it as a new version 4.

Joey

Sometimes the error lies before the line number mentioned, so can you please post the previous lines too, unless you have fixed it by now.

Joey

Hi,

Thanks in advance

Hi,

Firstly thanks for such a great contrib, this has saved me so much time.

In the admin section under Attribute Sets only 10 sets are shown per page. Does anyone know how to increase this because I have loads of Sets and would like to be able to view 20 - 30 per page, this would save me even more time as I would not have to search so many pages when looking for a certain Set.

Thanks in advance

Phil

I don't put any restrictions on the number of showing sets, I'm surprised to hear of this.

Joey

Hi,

Firstly thanks for such a great contrib, this has saved me so much time.

In the admin section under Attribute Sets only 10 sets are shown per page. Does anyone know how to increase this because I have loads of Sets and would like to be able to view 20 - 30 per page, this would save me even more time as I would not have to search so many pages when looking for a certain Set.

Thanks in advance

Phil

Joey,

I can view all the sets I have created, but at the moment I can only view 10 sets on page 1, 10 sets on page 2 etc.

What I would like to do is show 20 - 30 sets on page 1, 20 - 30 sets on page 2 etc.

Is there somewhere in the code that I can change to show more than 10 sets per page.

Phil

I don't put any restrictions on the number of showing sets, I'm surprised to hear of this.

Joey

I'm not clear on which page you are referring to? Admin, Catalog Page, Insert Product page?

Joey

Joey,

I can view all the sets I have created, but at the moment I can only view 10 sets on page 1, 10 sets on page 2 etc.

What I would like to do is show 20 - 30 sets on page 1, 20 - 30 sets on page 2 etc.

Is there somewhere in the code that I can change to show more than 10 sets per page.

Phil

Joey,

When I select catalog, Attributes Sets, a list of all the Sets I have created are shown.

At the moment I have created 18 sets which is listed over two pages, ten on the first page and eight on the second.

By the time I have finished there will be a lot more sets, so I would like to show 20 -30 sets on the first page and so on.

Phil

I'm not clear on which page you are referring to?  Admin, Catalog Page, Insert Product page?

Joey

You must have installed version 3. I don't support version 3, see if you can contact the author of version 3.

Joey

Joey,

When I select catalog, Attributes Sets, a list of all the Sets I have created are shown.

At the moment I have created 18 sets which is listed over two pages, ten on the first page and eight on the second.

By the time I have finished there will be a lot more sets, so I would like to show 20 -30 sets on the first page and so on.

Phil

I have installed version2.1.

When I deleted attribute sets, the entries in table products_attributes_sets_to_products haven't been deleted accordingly. But when I enter product editing page, the attributes sets options are there without no option value....is it normal?

Michael Lee

You're right about the products_attributes_sets_to_products table, I'll make that change in this next release (version 4.0).

You would have zero option values when you edit a product only when you have zero Attribute Sets created.

I have installed version2.1.

When I deleted attribute sets, the entries in table products_attributes_sets_to_products haven't been deleted accordingly. But when I enter product editing page, the attributes sets options are there without no option value....is it normal?

Michael Lee

My fixed the bug related to the products_attributes_sets_to_products table.

Use the code below to clean up Attribute Sets that have been orphaned in the products_attributes_sets_to_products table when you used the Attribute Set's Delete Button. Run this query and delete each row returned manually (by clicking the little trash can if you are using phpMyAdmin) until this query return zero rows.

Joey

SELECT products_attributes_sets_to_products.products_attributes_sets_id
FROM products_attributes_sets_to_products
LEFT  JOIN products_attributes_sets ON products_attributes_sets_to_products.products_attributes_sets_id = products_attributes_sets.products_attributes_sets_id
WHERE products_attributes_sets.products_attributes_sets_id IS  NULL

You're right about the products_attributes_sets_to_products table, I'll make that change in this next release (version 4.0). 

You would have zero option values when you edit a product only when you have zero Attribute Sets created.

I don't know if this makes a difference, but I changed teh query to return the whole row instead of just 1 field. In either case you need to deleted the whole row for the data that is returned.

Joey

SELECT products_attributes_sets_to_products.*
LEFT  JOIN products_attributes_sets ON products_attributes_sets_to_products.products_attributes_sets_id = products_attributes_sets.products_attributes_sets_id

My fixed the bug related to the products_attributes_sets_to_products table. 

Use the code below to clean up Attribute Sets that have been orphaned in the products_attributes_sets_to_products table when you used the Attribute Set's Delete Button.  Run this query and delete each row returned manually (by clicking the little trash can if you are using phpMyAdmin) until this query return zero rows. 

Joey

SELECT products_attributes_sets_to_products.products_attributes_sets_id

Thanks Joey, and looking for the next release badly.

Also, I have another problem. If I add an attribute to a product using admin/products_attributes.php, after I edit the product and assign an attribute set to this product, the attribute I add to this product in admin/products_attributes.php will be lost and seems to be overwritten by the new attribuet set assignment....

Is it normal?

Michael Lee

Yes. I didn't design my tool work in conjunction with the old way, it is one or the other but not both. Personally, I didn't think of testing this so it wasn't a designed feature, just the way things worked out.

You are a heck of a tester, you've found two issues. Good Job.

Since I'm not getting many offers to beta test, let me just post my version 4 where some people can download it and start using it.

It can be downloaded (for a little while longer) from www.goodnewsclothing.com/AttributeSets_v4_0.zip

This will not build on version 3, but rather version 2.1. or 2.0. There is install and upgrade instructions that I would like to have feedback on. I would like to make sure that my code does what it is supposed to do with any bugs. Please don't come back with any requests for new features until I get confirmation that this works as advertised.

I appreciate any help.

Joey

Thanks Joey, and looking for the next release badly.

Also, I have another problem. If I add an attribute to a product using admin/products_attributes.php, after I edit the product and assign an attribute set to this product, the attribute I add to this product in admin/products_attributes.php will be lost and seems to be overwritten by the new attribuet set assignment....

Is it normal?

Michael Lee

Yes.  I didn't design my tool work in conjunction with the old way, it is one or the other but not both.  Personally, I didn't think of testing this so it wasn't a designed feature, just the way things worked out.

You are a heck of a tester, you've found two issues.  Good Job.

Since I'm not getting many offers to beta test, let me just post my version 4 where some people can download it and start using it.

It can be downloaded (for a little while longer) from www.goodnewsclothing.com/AttributeSets_v4_0.zip

This will not build on version 3, but rather version 2.1. or 2.0.  There is install and upgrade instructions that I would like to have feedback on.  I would like to make sure that my code does what it is supposed to do with any bugs.  Please don't come back with any requests for new features until I get confirmation that this works as advertised.

I appreciate any help.

Joey

Joey:

Let me see if I can test it or not! What is the difference between v2.0.1 and v4.0?

Michael