• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Attribute Sets Contribution

Cody:

That is a good idea.  It wouldn't be too hard, just make a drop down list that allows multiple selections.  If I were to do some work on this contribution again my priority wold be to fix what that last person did to the whole contribution.  It is unfortunate that he made some changes and didn't beta test it very well and has never showed up again to fix his bugs.

Joey

Joey, Favor: can you please give me a HINT as to what kind of code we'd want to insert into the PHP to allow a SELECT option of MULTIPLE attribute sets?

Thx!

Carpe Carp: Seize the Fish.

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi. I'm a bit new to osC but liking it lots... Joey this mod is excellent. For me its a great timesaver indeed.

Is the general feeling that the v3 updates are a bit flakey then?

I haven't applied these so far having read this topic, worrying about probs - am I right or a wuss?? :P

aalishan am I right in thinking you're talking about 3.0? Thats someone elses work not Joeys? FWIW I'm staying on 2.01 for now and doing mods to sets like this:

1) In osc admin, define new Option Value(s). Note down the record ID(s) as shown.

2) Open phpMyAdmin & Browse the table 'products_attributes_sets'.

3) Edit the relevant attrib set. Note the format of the Value string (Product Options ID / Option Value ID / inc or dec / amount).

Append to that string as required. In my case I added "_6/61/+/0" to the end.

[At this point, if you add the attrib set to any product that didn't already have it, it gets the 'new' updated set]

4) Now, Products which already had the the attrib set applied, need updating to 'see' the additions.

In phpMyAdmin, open the 'products_attributes' table.

Add a new row, using the IDs etc from (3). (No need to enter a 'products_attributes_id' value btw)

Hope thats some help. Manual, but it works.

Alternative to (4): edit the Product, set attrib set to '--none--'and update. Edit product again and add the set back - however that blows away any other attribs of course

Obviously, Joey is not interested in replying to my query. Is there anybody else in the forum to suggest how to solve this problem? This is my 3rd post on the same issue. Nobody replied earlier ..hence  :'(

I created Attribute set and assigned it to product. After assigning I edited Attribute set to add more rows. it worked fine .. But its not showing the changes in drop down on product page. If I edit the product , the changes are appearing .. Is this a Bug or something wrong with my assumption that any changes in Attribute set should reflect the assigned product? Please advice

Many Thanks

Thats right, i thinks its a bug, i have the same issue. unless i take it off the product page, submit, and then go edit the product to add it again, the changes aren't reflected.

My guess its a bug ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

Alley Kat, the instructions for Version 3 are very flaky, at best. I read them because a client had trouble installing it and screwed everything up.

now i have to go back and figure out what they did, it would be great if when someone updates a contribution that they include their complete files for the contribution, in a working state with the standard installation of osCommerce. that way a comparison is all that has to be made.

trying to understand even this part is confusing to me:

// npe attribute_sets 040824 - catalog/admin/categories.php

// npe begin admin attributes set 040818 #change

//JJG preview - warning that an Attribute Set is set to '--none--' Begin

// replaced both lines below

// $WARNING_MSG = "<b>ATTRIBUTE SET WARNING:</b> At least one Attribute Set is set to '--none--'";

// $WARNING_MSG .= " of the ".$HTTP_POST_VARS['AttributeSetCount']. " total set(s) used for this product.";

$WARNING_MSG = sprintf(ERROR_ATTRIBUTE_SET_WARNING,TEXT_NONE, $HTTP_POST_VARS['AttributeSetCount']);

for($i=0; $i< ($HTTP_POST_VARS['AttributeSetCount']-1); $i++){

// replaced line below

// if( empty($HTTP_POST_VARS["products_attributes_sets_id_$i"]) ){

if( empty($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_attributes_sets_id_' . $i]) ){

$messageStack->add($WARNING_MSG, 'error');

}

}

//JJG preview - warning that an Attribute Set is set to '--none--' End

// npe end admin attributes set #change

what does that mean?

so yes, someone should do things properly if they want to contribute to osCommerce.

Also a word of warning on this installation, apparently the sql update file did not seem to update properly, as it kept giving errors, and if you run the other sql text file included, you lose all your attribute sets

Hello,

I installed this new feature and it seems that everthing works proberly.

But when i try to add a new product this error message apears.

//1054 - Unknown column 'products_attributes_sets_name' in 'field list'

select products_attributes_sets_id, products_attributes_sets_name from products_attributes_sets order by products_attributes_sets_name

[TEP STOP]//

I'm missing the field "products_attributes_sets_name" in products_attributes_sets.

But in the column "products_attributes_sets_values" is a field called "products_attributes_sets_name"

whats wrong in my configuration?

In the menu is not the real text "attributes sets", their is only the variable

" BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_SETS"

but the link is working"

I use it with the german language

greatings

micha

Hello,

it appears from your errors that the contribution is not working properly. what version did you install?

it appears from your errors that the contribution is not working properly.  what version did you install?

Thanks for Asking,

I do not know exactly which contribution is installed because The Admin leave us 6month ago.

So what I can tell over our version is what#s standing in the headline of index.php

"

$Id: index.php,v 1.1 2003/06/11 17:37:59 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License"

Thanx for helping

greatings from berlin

micha

Hello all,

I am using versrion 2.0 just waiting a more defined 3.0. For my purposes 2.0 is fine. I have a slight problem however. How do you create multiple drop down list on the "EDIT" page where you create your new product. I keep getting all the attribute sets in one drop down.

----also I have other contributions installed to help with some of the admin side with attributes. Has anyone encountered a adverse reaction by using other contributions in the admin area?

Graphicpoet

Hello all,

I am using versrion 2.0 just waiting a more defined 3.0. For my purposes 2.0 is fine. I have a slight problem however. How do you create multiple drop down list on the "EDIT" page where you create your new product. I keep getting all the attribute sets in one drop down.

----also I have other contributions installed to help with some of the admin side with attributes. Has anyone encountered a adverse reaction by using other contributions in the admin area?

Graphicpoet

well I kinda figured it out. You simply edit the first set and revisit and the other sets appear..... NOW i hope that is the way it was meant to be. FOR me it works so cool....

Great TIME saver!!!SweeeWWW I was about to die with all the product I need to put up!!!!LOL

Hi there I have a question, maybe a very stupid question.

you can set how many items you have on stock.

If you put options on a produkt how do you set the stock there?

you have 2 items on stock in size xxl and 5 items on stock in size xl how do you do that?

Sorry the long delay.

moonlitsun:

In your SELECT tag add the MULTIPLE attribute, like this.

<select name="thename" multiple size=3>

I added the "size" attribute also so it will display multiple rows, otherwise the multiple attribute doesn't make sense without it. I this "size" is the right attribute, if not try "rows=3".

Joey

Joey, Favor:  can you please give me a HINT as to what kind of code we'd want to insert into the PHP to allow a SELECT option of MULTIPLE attribute sets?

Thx!

aalishan:

Sorry, but I wasn't ingnoring you I was just away.

I wish I could help you with a solid answer but your situation is puzzling! It sounds like the admin area is working but the display is not. I didn't the change any code for the Attribute Set to display on the Product_Info.php page, I did that purposely. My contribution just inserts the attributes into the database easily so it can be retrieved exactly as it was before.

Joey

Obviously, Joey is not interested in replying to my query. Is there anybody else in the forum to suggest how to solve this problem? This is my 3rd post on the same issue. Nobody replied earlier ..hence  :'(

I created Attribute set and assigned it to product. After assigning I edited Attribute set to add more rows. it worked fine .. But its not showing the changes in drop down on product page. If I edit the product , the changes are appearing .. Is this a Bug or something wrong with my assumption that any changes in Attribute set should reflect the assigned product? Please advice

Many Thanks

Alley Kat:

I cannot endorse Nejat Philip Eryigit's versions, I looked at his contribution code and it confuse even me! My plan is to fix his code and roll out a clean set of installation instructions. I like Nejat's new look but it is not worth all the errors he introduced, not to mention that he hasn't dropped by to help fix his errors. I recommend sticking with my version, it may not be as flashy as his but it is a lot more stable. The only draw back is it doesn't modify sets like his does, where like I've said before, it is, for the most cases, just as fast to just delete the Attribute Set and then readd it. I've tried to be humbled about Nejat Philip Eryigit's help (In most cases people should make it better) but I have to say something because people are firing off on me.

I'd appreciate any help getting version 3 fixed starting from my version 2.1 I am really strapped for time.

Joey

Hi. I'm a bit new to osC but liking it lots... Joey this mod is excellent. For me its a great timesaver indeed.

Is the general feeling that the v3 updates are a bit flakey then?

I haven't applied these so far having read this topic, worrying about probs - am I right or a wuss?? :P

aalishan am I right in thinking you're talking about 3.0? Thats someone elses work not Joeys? FWIW I'm staying on 2.01 for now and doing mods to sets like this:

1) In osc admin, define new Option Value(s). Note down the record ID(s) as shown.

2) Open phpMyAdmin & Browse the table 'products_attributes_sets'.

3) Edit the relevant attrib set. Note the format of the Value string (Product Options ID / Option Value ID / inc or dec / amount).

Append to that string as required. In my case I added "_6/61/+/0" to the end.

[At this point, if you add the attrib set to any product that didn't already have it, it gets the 'new' updated set]

4) Now, Products which already had the the attrib set applied, need updating to 'see' the additions.

In phpMyAdmin, open the 'products_attributes' table.

Add a new row, using the IDs etc from (3). (No need to enter a 'products_attributes_id' value btw)

Hope thats some help. Manual, but it works.

Alternative to (4): edit the Product, set attrib set to '--none--'and update. Edit product again and add the set back - however that blows away any other attribs of course

I hope this update is part of the version 3, otherwise I apologize for making this mistake. Either way, I would recommend editting the sql text to remove the line that says "drop table products_attributes_sets" if you are doing an update and you want to save your previously created attribute sets. Please remember to back up!

Joey

Also a word of warning on this installation, apparently the sql update file did not seem to update properly, as it kept giving errors, and if you run the other sql text file included, you lose all your attribute sets

mejfoss:

You are seeing this: BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_SETS" because you haven't installed the necessary language files that translate this variable into its value. The file you need installed is something like /catalog/admin/includes/languages/german/products_attributes.php with valid text in it.

Joey

Hello,

//1054 - Unknown column 'products_attributes_sets_name' in 'field list'

select products_attributes_sets_id, products_attributes_sets_name from products_attributes_sets order by products_attributes_sets_name

[TEP STOP]//

I'm missing the field "products_attributes_sets_name" in products_attributes_sets.

But in the column "products_attributes_sets_values" is a field called "products_attributes_sets_name"

whats wrong in my configuration?

In the menu is not the real text "attributes sets", their is only the variable

" BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_SETS"

but the link is working"

I use it with  the german language

greatings

micha

SuperCrank: If you just installed it, you need to create your Options first and then your Option Values and from that you can start creating your Attribute Sets.

Joey

hi, I installed attributes sets 2.0 and I get empty drop downs when I want to create attribute sets.

anyone know why this is happening?

knucles: This contribution will not approach that type of need.

Joey

Hi there I have a question, maybe a very stupid question.

you can set how many items you have on stock.

If you put options on a produkt how do you set the stock there?

you have 2 items on stock in size xxl and 5 items on stock in size xl how do you do that?

Hi, I'm having a basic prob & just want to be sure I'm dong this right. I stayed with 2.01 and it seems fine, at least I can define & attach attrib sets no problem.

But if I edit a product with a set attached, I always lose any other attribs.

Sorry if I'm doing something wrong, that's how I read the install notes. Am I doing the right steps, or is my install screwy? :-

1. Edit a Product; add an attribute set

2. Then add other attributes to the product (Admin > Products Attributes)

3. Edit the Product again: shows three drop-downs, one with my attrib set showing, not selected. So I select the set in that drop-down, and proceed.

The Preview secreen shows (pink zone at top):

Warning: No file uploaded.

Warning: No file uploaded.

ATTRIBUTE SET WARNING: At least one Attribute Set is set to '--none--' of the 3 total set(s) used for this product.

ATTRIBUTE SET WARNING: At least one Attribute Set is set to '--none--' of the 3 total set(s) used for this product.

4. If I hit Update, the Product loses my 'other' attribs (as in step 2 i.e. ones not in a set)

Thanks ~

Edited by Alley Kat

Having the exactly same problem as above... If i load am image its says successfull image load... but it is always followed by Warning: No file uploaded... no matter what...

I am sure this is just a typo of mine, or a missed patch... I have only done the basic 2.0.1 so far... any ideas?

Cheers, N