• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Attribute Sets Contribution

daniaw:

Use phpMyAdmin and select the database that your store uses, it should have about 50+ tables in it.

What is the name of the Attribute Set that is giving you problems?

I'm not sure which version of phpMyAdmin you have but when you select the products_attributes_sets table then select the Browse link.

Post the value for that Attribute Set that is giving you problems, it should look something like this:

2/4/+/0_2/5/+/0_2/6/+/0_2/7/+/0_2/8/+/2_2/9/+/3_2/10/+/4

The underscores separate each option, so in this example there are 7 drop-down options, each separated by an underscore. As you can see how lon this values gets with just 7 options, can you imagine how long it gets with 70?

This is why you WILL have to change the data type for this field, products_attributes_sets_value, from varchar(255) to Text. To change this select the Structure link next to the Browse link and then select the Change link at the end of the row you want to change. From the drop-down list select Text where it shows VARCHAR.

Good luck.

Thanks for the SUPERFAST reply, Joey:

The code from phpMyAdmin ver. 2.5.6:

1/1/+/2.00_1/2/+/2.00_1/3/+/2.00_1/4/+/2.00_1/5/+/2.00_1/6/+/2.00_1/7/+/2.00_1/8/+/2.00_1/9/+/2.00_1/10/+/2.00_1/11/+/2.00_1/12/+/2.00_1/13/+/2.00_1/14/+/2.00_1/15/+/2.00_1/16/+/2.00_1/17/+/2.00_1/18/+/2.00_1/19/+/6.00_1/20/+/6.00_1/21/+/6.00_1/22/+/6.00_

The field for products_attributes_sets_value I already changed to Text, as that idea was mentioned earlier, but that didn't resolve the problem.

Now - maybe this will help (just an idea) - should I take out the first set, then recreate the set again, in order to put the Text into working order???

Thanks again Joey - you are "da man" :)

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i try to install the contribution, but i always get this error message if i insert or edit a product:

1054 - Unknown column 'products_attributes_sets_name' in 'field list'

select products_attributes_sets_id, products_attributes_sets_name from cs_products_attributes_sets order by products_attributes_sets_name

[TEP STOP]

in the table is really no field with this name, its in the table products_attributes_sets_values

daniaw:

That's a good idea, delete it and recreate it. Post your results.

I copied your value and pasted into MS Word and had it count the characters and it showed exactly 255 characters which tells me that this one was created when that field was a varchar(255).

I betcha this fixes it. Recreate it!

Joey

cultshirts:

It looks like you are using a version later than my last posted version, my version didn't have editing capability.

You might have to install my atttibutes_sets.sql file to create the necessary tables. Your error message tells me that something is wrong with either the actual products_attributes_sets table or something it wrong with the sql statement. I would carefully check the spelling of the sql statement against the actual sql table's structure. If you don't know how to do that follow my instructions in yesterday's post using phpMyAdmin. If you can't do this, find a friend that can help you with this.

Joey

I just installed this contrib and I'm getting the following error when try to edit a product.

1052 - Column: 'products_attributes_sets_name' in field list is ambiguous

select pas. products_attributes_sets_id, products_attributes_sets_name, products_attributes_sets_value from products_attributes_sets pas, products_attributes_sets_values pasv where pas.products_attributes_sets_id = pasv.products_attributes_sets_id and pasv. products_attributes_languages = '1' order by products_attributes_sets_name

[TEP STOP]

Anybody got any ideas?

Sorry for the delay in getting back here!

The resolution to the problem of getting the error certainly is to change it to TEXT, then delete the Attribute Set you just created, THEN re-create it, and the SQL is now working perfectly, and so is the Attribute Set with a multitude of codes.

ldornak:

Look at the query closely.

The field "products_attributes_sets_name" should have an abbreviated table name in front of it like the field in from of it. The two abbreviated table that I can see in this query are: pas and pasv. These abbreviated table names should preceed each table's field name so the SQL server doesn't have to look in both table to find that field, just tell it to look in a specific table by putting one of these in front like this.

select pas. products_attributes_sets_id, pas. products_attributes_sets_name,  ...

I'm not sure if this is the correct table, but this is how it should look.

I don't know how this was missing? I certaintly hope it wasn't the guy who took my version 2 and moved it to version 3.

Joey

#2 :)

Hi Joey ,

Thanks for the great mod .. I just found a small problem .

I created Attribute set and assigned it to product . After assigning I edited Attribute set to add more rows . it worked fine .. But its not showing the changes in drop down on product page . If I edit the product itself . the changes are appearing .. Is this a Bug or something wrong with my assumption that any changes in Attribute set should reflect the assigned product . Please advice

Many Thanks

Aali

ldornak:

Look at the query closely.

The field "products_attributes_sets_name" should have an abbreviated table name in front of it like the field in from of it.  The two abbreviated table that I can see in this query are: pas and pasv.  These abbreviated table names should preceed each table's field name so the SQL server doesn't have to look in both table to find that field, just tell it to look in a specific table by putting one of these in front like this.

select pas. products_attributes_sets_id, pas. products_attributes_sets_name, ?...

I'm not sure if this is the correct table, but this is how it should look.

I don't know how this was missing?  I certaintly hope it wasn't the guy who took my version 2 and moved it to version 3. 

Joey

I definitely think Version 3 is missing some things as I was having major problems with it similar to this. When I tried uninstalling and going back to Version 2 everything got messed up. So I just reinstalled the whole site and I'm starting over. I'm new to PHP so I wasn't able to spot the problem. I'm going to try reinstalling this mod as it's wonderful and hopefully I don't have problems this time around.

Joey,

Hey, Codi here! Hope everything is going well on MVS. Quick Q for you re: Attribute Sets: Is there any kind of functionality that would allow for you to select MULTIPLE attribute sets from the Admin/categories.php dropdown? Obviously, that would be especially helpful for products that require more than one kind of attribute set (i.e. one for colors, another for size).

Let me know your thoughts!

Thx

Carpe Carp: Seize the Fish.

Hello....I would like to be able to sort order this script or when i set-up a attribute set....the way i set it up, i would like for it to display in that order...

I did read a few pages back that you had this...BUT this seems to only work from when you FIRST input the value in the attribute menu, not in the set.

Is there an easy fix to this? I LOVE IT OTHERWISE! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!

Hi there

Thanks for a nice cont'

Ive just notice that once you install and use Attributes Set you can not add/remove a single Attributes to this product

ex.

products use Attributes Set SIZE

X,M,L and you want to remove X only you can do that true the Products Attributes page but once you modify this -products again it will overwrite it Attributes and will add it back Attributes Set so you can never delete a single Attributes .

I wish i can find an answer to this since i would like to use this cont'

thank you

BEN

Remember - - - "STRESSED" spelled backwards "DESSERTS"

Ok here is my issue.....

I installed the file_feature .77 and well it works if i don't use the attribute sets.

If i try and use the attribute sets, and make a set with only this "upload" option in it, and when i add it to my product and click on the update (after the preview screen) i run into this

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ',,'')' at line 1

insert into products_attributes (products_id, options_id, options_values_id, options_values_price, price_prefix) values (11,,,,'')

[TEP STOP]

Now i have looked at the previous posts with this same error, but im not running over 255 charecters, but anyways i changed the products_attributes_sets_name to > text , in the products_attributes_sets_values table. Still nothing.

Can i get some help on this?

Thanks

haha just ignore me :-D I got it, seems like i didn't delete all previous attributes, so once i did that my file upload worked :-D THANKS!

BUT!!! I'm still looking for a way to sort in the sets not when i first create the attribute, b/c i have to add some later one and don't want them at the bottom on of my list i want them worked in where i want them to show up in the select...

Thanks!

Edited by memorylaneplates

thanks for your replay.

I made the test on the latest version but still the same

maybe people just don't put their mind on the small things

if you modify a product that has a set it will always overwrite the one before

even if you only modify the price,image,itc...

Edited by deep-silver

Remember - - - "STRESSED" spelled backwards "DESSERTS"

Cody:

That is a good idea. It wouldn't be too hard, just make a drop down list that allows multiple selections. If I were to do some work on this contribution again my priority wold be to fix what that last person did to the whole contribution. It is unfortunate that he made some changes and didn't beta test it very well and has never showed up again to fix his bugs.

Joey

Joey,

Hey, Codi here!  Hope everything is going well on MVS.  Quick Q for you re: Attribute Sets:  Is there any kind of functionality that would allow for you to select MULTIPLE attribute sets from the Admin/categories.php dropdown?  Obviously, that would be especially helpful for products that require more than one kind of attribute set (i.e. one for colors, another for size).

Let me know your thoughts!

Thx

memorylaneplates:

I have a optional step in my installation that is just for this. All it does is add an "order by" clause to the end of the sql statement. This change happens in the product_info.php page. You may have to order by either the products_options_id or the value or whatever works for you.

Joey

Hello....I would like to be able to sort order this script or when i set-up a attribute set....the way i set it up, i would like for it to display in that order...

I did read a few pages back that you had this...BUT this seems to only work from when you FIRST input the value in the attribute menu, not in the set.

Is there an easy fix to this?  I LOVE IT OTHERWISE! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!

Joey, I have used your sort order add-on. Now it seems to only work when your FIRST add them to the attributes area, now when you add them to your attribute sets. Also, found out that if you go back and edit the product, it messes up the attribute :-/ What i would like to see is another colum were i can enter the number, so that none of that happens.

Thanks

Cody:

That is a good idea.  It wouldn't be too hard, just make a drop down list that allows multiple selections.  If I were to do some work on this contribution again my priority wold be to fix what that last person did to the whole contribution.  It is unfortunate that he made some changes and didn't beta test it very well and has never showed up again to fix his bugs.

Joey

Sounds good, Joey! I'll try that out and see if a simple menu-type dropdown format will allow a number of sets to show up correctly. I will make sure to post my results here in the forum thread.

Carpe Carp: Seize the Fish.

Obviously, Joey is not interested in replying to my query. Is there anybody else in the forum to suggest how to solve this problem? This is my 3rd post on the same issue. Nobody replied earlier ..hence :'(

I created Attribute set and assigned it to product. After assigning I edited Attribute set to add more rows. it worked fine .. But its not showing the changes in drop down on product page. If I edit the product , the changes are appearing .. Is this a Bug or something wrong with my assumption that any changes in Attribute set should reflect the assigned product? Please advice

Many Thanks