osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Attribute Sets Contribution

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

daniaw:

Ok, daniaw I'll look at your files when I get a chance.

I am done supporting this contribution now, it is just taking too much of my time. The last thing I wanted to do was to receive everyones files the do their work for them.

psychostickers I PM'd you to not broadcast that I am helping you out by modifying your files for you because everyone else will want the same treatment. The last thing I wanted you to do was to post that I had you email me your files, if I didn't mind letting the world know this then I would have just posted my email address and said email me your files instead of PM'ing you.

Sorry, to the rest of the people out there.

Joey

someone please be nice enough to post or email allt he correct files to me bc somethings getting fux0red and id really like to use this contribution. plz :D

idealer and anyone else:

New version uploaded.

This version doesn't change any code, only the install instructions and I provide total replacements for the two main modified files. The database.php file and categories.php file. These two replacement files are taken from osCommerce 2.2 MS2 and shouldn't be used unless these files have never been modified by you or should be used as a reference for the installation instructions, if for nothing else to note the actual line numbers of the modifications.

Please remember to back up your files always.

Joey

It should be very nice to have a feature so you can edit excisting attribute sets.

Let's say all my products have the same attributes... but once in a while I want to add an extra attribute to the excisting set... would be very very nice ;)

I know support for this has stopped but is there anyone else who could take over and code the editing of attirbute sets? This system does everything I need apart from allowing me to edit the sets. I can't really open my shop until I can find a way of having attribute sets and being able to edit them. Is there any other contribution that does what I need?

p.s. Thanks to ALL the people who make these contributions so that noobs like myself can have these added features :D

• 2 weeks later...
nvm i got the emai. everything works fine until i insert the new products then i get this.

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ''')' at line 1

insert into TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES (products_id, options_id, options_values_id, options_values_price, price_prefix) values (154,1,1,,'')

[TEP STOP]

I think this contribution is amazing...thanks for writing it.

Worked very smoothly until I had a product I had to add 3 attribute sets to. When I add the third, I get the same error quoted below.

Hello,

I have installed OSCommerce a while back. First I ran it as a test-shop because we didn't have any items to sell. This has changed now and I found it tedious to manage all the items one-by-one. We are also running an online clothing-store.

I have downloaded and installed the Attributes Sets contrib and everything seems to be working fine apart from one error: The available option field is blank as is the dropdown-menu. If anyone has had similar problems I'd be grateful to hear from you.

Cheers, Joerg

P.S.: The URL to the shop is www.tallandtrendy.com

Edited by jestelmann

I have downloaded and installed the Attributes Sets contrib and everything seems to be working fine apart from one error: The available option field is blank as is the dropdown-menu. If anyone has had similar problems I'd be grateful to hear from you.

Joerg,

You need to make sure you have created Options and Values.

From the Admin menu, click on Catalog, then on Products Attributes. From there you will need to create Options for your products, and once you have options, create the values for those options.

For example, since you are selling clothing, on the Products Attributes screen you could create an Option called "Size" and then 4 Values for that attribute, "Small," Medium," Large," and "Extra Large."

Now click on the link on the menu for Attribute Sets and you should have items available from the drop down list.

-chris.

Thanks a lot but I have managed to get it to work now and I think the problem lay somewhere else.

I used my back-up files and re-ran all the modifications with the exceptions of Numbers 6a and 6b ...

I'm not sure if I made a mistake during the copying and pasting during my initial efforts but for some unknown reason it works now.

One more thing: Has anyone managed to sort the options by ID instead of name? I have now got "Color", "Hips", "Inseam", "Waist" but would prefer "Color", "Inseam", "Waist", "Hips"...

If anyone has a suggestion - great. If not - also great. This does make adding items with a lot of options a lot easier. Great contribution!

Now I've got a new problem: When I add a new item I have two items in the "New Products" section at the bottom of the homepage. It shows the picture of the item but when you click on the picture it says "Item not found". It has a different product ID than the actual new product and can be found in the database. I have deleted it using PHPMyAdmin but that's not right, I guess. Any suggestion will be gladly accepted.

Thanks, Joerg

I've got a fresh install of OSC and I've inserted Attribute Sets thanks to the great documentation.

I have no attributes created. I create one "Color" then go to Attribute Sets hit Insert and I have 2 blank choices in the drop down and than 'Color'

If when I add values (Red, blue, etc) I get even more blank choices.

Any idea how to correct?

I have no attributes created. I create one "Color" then go to Attribute Sets hit Insert and I have 2 blank choices in the drop down and than 'Color'

If you don't want the blanks to show up, then fill in a value for each language (that's where the blanks come from).

You could also modify the SQL query to add in the WHERE clause a <> '' piece which will then not show the blanks.

nvm i got the emai. everything works fine until i insert the new products then i get this.

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ''')' at line 1

insert into TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES (products_id, options_id, options_values_id, options_values_price, price_prefix) values (154,1,1,,'')

[TEP STOP]

Worked very smoothly until I had a product I had to add 3 attribute sets to. When I add the third, I get the same error quoted below.

Well, corrected my own problem.

I deleted all of my set, values, and options, and re-added them and haven't had any problems since.

If anyone has loads of values per set, you might want to change the size of products_attributes_sets_value (in the products_attributes_sets table) from varchar to text.

For example, I have an option with 43 different values. The information stored on those 43 values exceeds 255 characters, so I changed the type to Text and upped the limit to 1026, and everything works great.

I have no attributes created.  I create one "Color" then go to Attribute Sets hit Insert and I have 2 blank choices in the drop down and than 'Color'

If you don't want the blanks to show up, then fill in a value for each language (that's where the blanks come from).

You could also modify the SQL query to add in the WHERE clause a <> '' piece which will then not show the blanks.

Man I should have noticed that. What a newbie mistake.

Thanks for the quick help.

And thanks Joey for making a slick contrib with great install directions.

Just peeking to see how thing are going. Thanks Chris for picking up the ball and keeping things moving forward, sometimes you just need a break.

Chris- 43 attributes!!! Wow, you must love my contribution!!

Chris' support has been right on!

I read that someone needs a modify capability. I don't mean any disrespect, but can't you just delete the Attribute Set and re-create it in about the same amount of time, if not faster? I really think that not having a modify capabilty should not hold any one back from using this. I picture anyone creating these sets once and then just using them forever with little need to modify them ever, but that is just my short-sightedness.

Just to reiterate what Chris has said, you need to:

1st) Create your Options

2nd) Create the Option Values

before you can create Attribute Sets, this would be the 3rd step. I read that someone started with the 3rd step and was wondering why everything was blank.

I also don't make any efforts to make this multi-lingual. Sorry, but English is all I know.

I'll be around.

Joey

One more thing: Has anyone managed to sort the options by ID instead of name? I have now got "Color", "Hips", "Inseam", "Waist" but would prefer "Color", "Inseam", "Waist", "Hips"...

I am also interested in finding out if this is possible. I've found lots about sorting within the drop down menus but nothing to sort the actual menus themselves.

Hello....this contribution looks like one that might be able to help me but I have a question.

Someone asked if the attributes values prices can still be increased and the reply was yes.

Is it possible to set the it up so that the price increase is a formula?

For example.....

Product 1

Attribute: Term

Values: 1 Year, 2 Years (+cost *2), 3 Years (+cost *3), 4 Years (+cost *4)

I have products that have the same attribute values but the cost change differs based on the specific item......

Edited by ordermags

Is it possible to set the it up so that the price increase is a formula?

For example.....

Product 1

Attribute: Term

Values: 1 Year, 2 Years (+cost *2), 3 Years (+cost *3), 4 Years (+cost *4)

I have products that have the same attribute values but the cost change differs based on the specific item......

I don't believe what you want to do is possible with this contribution as it stands right now.

The wat to contribution works is that each Attribute Set has a predefined set of attribute values, and that includes price.

If you want the price to be different for each item, and you wanted to use this contribution to help get you started, here's what you could do:

Create the Attribute Sets for the common groups of attributes. Once you create the item and assign the correct Attribute Sets to that item, go to the Products Attributes screen and manually change the prices for that item/attribute value.

The only problem you may have is that if you edit the item again, you may lose the custom work you did...I don't know, maybe not, but it's worth a shot.

I wanted to add specific criteria without having to add new Attribute Sets all the time and have therefore added the New Attribute Manager ... I find this to be a great addition to the Attribute Sets contribution. If I now want a product (i.e. pants) to have an extra color I can simply use a check-box.

Still don't know how to sort the Options so I have now added numbers (01 - 09)... if someone has a better idea... let's hear it. Cheers.

Edited by jestelmann