• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Attribute Sets Contribution

Just uploaded Attributes Version 2.0

This version shows a list of all the Attribute Sets you've created and allows you to easily delete any of them. I think many people have requested this and I finally found a pocket of time to code it up.

Jumped to version 2.0 because this change is a big deal to many people already using this contribution, but only 2 files were changes, so it is an easy upgrade if you have an older version.

Remember to back up your files - you know who I'm talking to ;-)

Enjoy,

Joey

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't anything about that contribution, so I couldn't say. What the end result is for my contribution is just add another row in the products_attribtues table. If that contribution has modified that table's schema then my contribution will not work immediately out of the box, you (or someone else) may have to tweak it a little to match your table's schema. The product_info.php page is not really modified (slight modification on this page, but it is optional and quite basic), so again my contribution should play well with others. :-)

Hope this helps.

Joey

Edited by joeyjgarcia

Joey, thanks for the reply about the additional step. I had not done that to get the attributes sorted.

I have decided, though, for my application to use the attibutes copier and "uninstall" this contribution so I cannot post any results.

Thanks!

Hi,

I just managed to install the contrib on a CRE Loaded 6 (with patch 1) osCommerce with the Option Type Feature installed.

Works just fine till now :D

A very important issue for me is that I weekly need to edit an attribute set.

Do you have any idea when there will be an update for this?

Deleting a set via phpMyAdmin is no problem....

Thanks a bunch for this nice contrib! B)

"Resistence is Futile"

sc00zy:

I don't really understand your request? With version 2.0 you don't need to use phpMyAdmin to delete an attribute set, that was added to version 2.0.

Not sure what editing a product weekly means in regards to this contribution?

I won't make a change that benefits just one type of situation, I'm sure you understand. Feel free to tweak it yourself, but you'll be on your own. :-|

Joey

Hi,

I think you misunderstand me ;)

I just need to be able to edit existing attribute sets....

And ehm... I downloaded your contrib the day before yesterday... there's no feature to delete an attribute set?

[edit]*LOL* Just saw there was an update to 2.0 yesterday! I'll give it a try :D[/edit]

Edited by sc00zy

"Resistence is Futile"

Hi again,

I just installed 2.0 and it works fine till now ...

It should be very nice to have a feature so you can edit excisting attribute sets.

Let's say all my products have the same attributes... but once in a while I want to add an extra attribute to the excisting set... would be very very nice ;)

When you misunderstand me again, I will give it another try next time ;)

"Resistence is Futile"

Joey,

I like the features of your contribution alot, however, I am getting this error when in the admin console:

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/decalguy/public_html/commerce/admin/includes/database_tables.php:62) in /home2/decalguy/public_html/commerce/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home2/decalguy/public_html/commerce/admin/includes/database_tables.php:62) in /home2/decalguy/public_html/commerce/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Now - I haven't done any editing to sessions.php, so not sure of why it's doing this to me :(

I have tried updating the files as specified in your directions twice, and I can't get this out of the way.

I do see your Attributes Sets, and I can add a new set, but I cannot modify existing Product Attributes nor add or delete, as I am getting this wonderful error:

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/decalguy/public_html/commerce/admin/includes/database_tables.php:62) in /home2/decalguy/public_html/commerce/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home2/decalguy/public_html/commerce/admin/includes/database_tables.php:62) in /home2/decalguy/public_html/commerce/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/decalguy/public_html/commerce/admin/includes/database_tables.php:62) in /home2/decalguy/public_html/commerce/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 18

Any ideas?

daniaw:

Someone on page 3 of this thread got the same error and it was caused my a cut and paste error. I would carefully see if you pasted over too much code or missed the exact location where my code should go.

I hope you have your backed up copy for reference?

Joey

ok joey ive tried to do this again and this is what i come up with

1146 - Table 'juggalos_osc1.TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES' doesn't exist

SELECT count( DISTINCT options_id ) as count FROM TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES WHERE `products_id` =134

[TEP STOP]

but the tables there and i did everything according to the instructions :/

IF ANYONE CAN JUST FREAKING INSTALL THIS FOR ME I WILL LOVE U FOR EVER AND EVER

psychostickers:

That line in around line 489 in a brand new version of categories.php

Here is what it should look like.

$getOptionsCount_query = tep_db_query('SELECT count( ?DISTINCT options_id ) as count
FROM ?'. TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES .' 
WHERE ?`products_id` ?='.$pInfo->products_id);

You need to have the '. before the variable name (TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES) and .' after the variable name too?

Can you post these lines that are in your categories.php file for this step, which is step 5b from the install.txt.

Joey

Edited by joeyjgarcia

Hello,

I excuse myself, I am French and I do not speak English very well. I installed the contribution and all functions well.

However I have a problem: I do not manage any more to delete the articles. Indeed, the bond on the button to erase at the time of the request for confirmation disappeared.

I think that the problem comes from the file categorie.php

Could you help me?

David

daniaw:

Someone on page 3 of this thread got the same error and it was caused my a cut and paste error. I would carefully see if you pasted over too much code or missed the exact location where my code should go.

I hope you have your backed up copy for reference?

Joey

I have looked at that notification already - it is not the exact same error.

The database page is one whole page - I copied and pasted the whole thing over, as suggested by your guidelines.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

daniaw:

You shouldn't have replaced your database.php file, if you replaced the whole file then that is definitely your problem.

Here is what Step 4 says, it doens't say replace the whole file. Try recovering the original database.php and just append my functions to your original file.

Step 4. Add database functions.

Add the functions in the database.txt file to the existing database functions in this file

/catalog/admin/includes/functions/database.php.

I am sorry that I put down that I replaced the database file - I didn't do that after all. I copied everything in your file, then found the ?> part and pasted everything from your file into the existing part before the ?>. I have PM it to you, and I highly appreciate all your efforts in staying on top of your contribution. Man, that is a rare case!!! 10 thumbs up!!!

psychostickers:

I got them and I fixed the errors are returned them.

Here is what I found.

Found Differences:

Your Categories.php had:

1) some of the contributions code erroneously inserted at line 58. Not sure why.

2) you missed the inserted code in Step 7-3a

Joey

daniaw:

I looked at the error on page 3 of this thread, and you are right this want another error, not like yours. The one on page 3 is related to database.php, which is a modified file for this contributions. It looks like your error is with database_tables.php which is a file that is NOT modified in this contribution.

Do you think you may have modified the wrong file by accident?

There is still a chance that it could be related, so if you find you answer can you post it here too for others?

Joey

nvm i got the emai. everything works fine until i insert the new products then i get this.

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ''')' at line 1

insert into TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES (products_id, options_id, options_values_id, options_values_price, price_prefix) values (154,1,1,,'')

[TEP STOP]

do you think id have more luck with a fresh install and simply replace my stuff once this works?

ok I dont know what the problem is. i did a fresh install and tried and im getting an error saying that the tables dont exist when i go to edit attributes so i can make the set. im so confused.