• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Attribute Sets Contribution

Hmmm . I tried and have it going but am getting error messages

Parse error: parse error in /home/whitetra/public_html/ecommerce/os/catalog/admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 215

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/whitetra/public_html/ecommerce/os/catalog/admin/includes/functions/database.php:215) in /home/whitetra/public_html/ecommerce/os/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/whitetra/public_html/ecommerce/os/catalog/admin/includes/functions/database.php:215) in /home/whitetra/public_html/ecommerce/os/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

I cut and pasted line for line -- :blink:

I am going back in :o if u don't hear from me call 911. Or if anyone can be of help drop me some Knowledge

Thanks in advance

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fixed it . Even cut and paste makes mistakes. When I copied the Database file I left off 1/2 a line :( . Simple to Correct and This Tweak is just what I need . :ph34r:

Hi I have installed this contribution but am having a problem with the product pages. When I try to edit a product I get the following error message.

"Fatal error: Call to undefined function: jjg_db_getattributesetid() in /home/httpd/vhosts/1stsexshop.com/httpsdocs/catalog/admin/categories.php on line 539"

I seem to be able to add Attribute sets fine.

Here is the portion of the code from my categories.php file

"<!-- //JJG building drop down list - Begin -->

<?php

if( empty($pInfo->products_id) ){

$iteration = 0;

}else{

$getOptionsCount_query = tep_db_query('SELECT count( DISTINCT options_id ) as count

FROM '. TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES .'

WHERE `products_id` ='.$pInfo->products_id);

$arr_getOptionsCount = tep_db_fetch_array($getOptionsCount_query);

$arr_pas_id = jjg_db_getAttributeSetId($pInfo->products_id, $action);

if( !empty($arr_pas_id) ){

$iteration = $arr_getOptionsCount['count'];

}

}

for($i=0; $i<=$iteration; $i++){

?>

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo TEXT_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_SET; ?></td>

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '24', '15') . ' ' . tep_draw_pull_down_menu('products_attributes_sets_id_'.$i, $attribute_sets_array, $arr_pas_id[$i] ); ?></td> </tr>

<?php

}

?>

<tr> <td colspan="2"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '1', '10'); ?> <?php echo tep_draw_hidden_field('AttributeSetCount', $arr_getOptionsCount['count']+1); ?>

</td>

</tr>

<!-- //JJG building drop down list - End -->"

It is straight from the install instrucions.

Can anyone shed any light on this one.

Cheers

Paul

Try searching your categories.php file for "jjg_db_getattributesetid" with Match Case enabled. I think PHP is case sensitive, so it looks like it is not recognize this function call that you must have typed yourself. My contribution specifies it as "jjg_db_getAttributeSetId".

Try that.

Joey

Got this contribution installed today!

GREAT WORK!!! It was easy to get it going. Thanks a lot!!! I am usually stuck with contributions for hours but this one went on smoothly.

A small question though... I had the "manufacturers" set as "theme" and had my customers have the ability to look up Fairies, Dragons, Gemstones... (can you tell it is a fantasy-related site? *L*) while the categories went by type: Earrings, Apparel, etc.

Now, the "brownse by theme" still shows on the storefront, but I can't add a theme to new products, since that drop box got replaced with the attributes.

How can I get both of them to work together??

Thanks!!

Try searching your categories.php file for "jjg_db_getattributesetid" with Match Case enabled.  I think PHP is case sensitive, so it looks like it is not recognize this function call that you must have typed yourself.  My contribution specifies it as "jjg_db_getAttributeSetId".

Try that.

Joey

That would not appear to be the problem.

I have the function call added to the categories.php file exactly as it is in your install instructions.

The line no that the error specifies is the blank line straight after the function as below.

Line 538. $arr_pas_id = jjg_db_getAttributeSetId($pInfo->products_id, $action);

Line 539.

Line 540. if( !empty($arr_pas_id) ){

Any other Ideas.

Cheers

Paul

Edited by pmfc

airuma:

My contribution shouldn't replace any other drop-down list, rather it should be added the New Product page. My screenshots, provided in the beginning of this thread, show them both together. If you pasted over the drop-down list, I hope you have a back-up copy, if not, go the original osC files to paste in the drop-down list.

I hope this helps.

Joey

pmfc:

Double-check the functions that were supposed to be pasted to the end of the database.php file, it looks like the jjg_db_getAttributeSetId function is not there and since it is called from the categories.php file this is why the error gets thrown there.

Cheers right back at ya.

Joey

I followed the given instruction to a T and everything looked like it was going great. no parse errors everythign was kosher. it allowed me to add sets and choose them when editing or adding a new product. however, the options didnt show up on the product page once i thought i had added them. not sure what i missed just looking for a little advice. each of my products has roughly 20 attributes so this would be a great tool for me. Thanks.

pmfc:

Double-check the functions that were supposed to be pasted to the end of the database.php file, it looks like the jjg_db_getAttributeSetId function is not there and since it is called from the categories.php file this is why the error gets thrown there.

Cheers right back at ya.

Joey

Cheers that's the one. I was sure I had done all of the steps as per the instructions. But I must have missed that one.

Thanks

Paul

I tried with another install of it and its still doing the same thing. Not sure how I screwed up but I really need to get it done so I'm willing to pay someone to install it for me. lol. please get in touch. thanks

printman2000:

In Step 6, which is an optional step, I suggest that you add to the end of the query " order by pov.products_options_values_id". This may forcing your attributes in a particular order. Check to see if you used this optional step.

Joey

psychostickers:

That is puzzling. I would suggest looking at the products_attributes table and search for the product_id of the product you just added an Attribute Set to. If the product_id is not there then there is something else wrong farther "upstream" since this is showing that the chain of reactions haven't gotten this far yet.

Post your results.

Joey

I added the files just as the instructions said, and it seems to work great, but when I go add a new product, this is what I see:

Products Status:  In Stock  Out of Stock

Date Available:

(YYYY-MM-DD) 

Attribute Sets:  --none--sandalssize-stringsize-tanktee-stringtee-tank

Products Name: 

Tax Class:  --none--Taxable Goods

Products Price (Net): 

Products Price (Gross): 

The "Manufacturers" is missing. There is a part on the instructions that I remember where a lot of the manufacturer attributes got substituted by the sorter. Or am I wrong? Where do I "fix" it?

Thanks

Someone else replaced the manufacturer list too, just use a back up copy or go back the the original (out-of-the-box) version of osCommerce for the categories.php and find the manufacturers drop-down list and copy it to your file just above the Attribute Set drop-down list.

Joey

Hi Joey,

I installed your contribution and it works like a treat.

Excellent work, great installation guidelines and superb instructions.

Thank you very much for a terrific tool that saves a lot of time!

Cheers,

David

Hi all

Could some one let me know if i can get more than 2 dropdowns when adding a product.

i can get 2 by adding 1 the re-editing the product and adding one more, but if i save it then go back to edit it again i do nt get an extra box to select

i will need 4 on some of my products

if you can hel please do let me know, as this will save me a lot of days as i have over 18,000 items some with up to 4 combinations

you can emai me at [email protected]

hope to here from some one soon

jhdesign:

You forgot the define statements. Those are variable names and when you sucessfully add those define statements the variables will be resolved to the variable values. Look in the install instructions again and search for those variable names and see where they should go.

Joey

Darran:

I did a test on my test site and I was able to create 4 drop-down lists for one product. Like you said, I do have to edit the product a few times to keep adding more attribute sets.

Look in the install instructions again where you have to add the code for step 5b, this is the critical area that will find the number of attribute sets this product uses and displays them all plus one more.

Joey