• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Compare Products Side-By-Side

Hi,

this is indeed a great contrib!

Have one request at this point: How can I remove the compare image+link in the header of the product listing page.

Currently there's some text and a button which you need click on to go to the comparison page.

However, I would like to have a text link, just like my other columns.

I've tried the easy ways like removing the button but then I'm stucked with creating a text link to go to the comparison page.

I assume the following line

tep_image_submit('button_continue.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CONTINUE)

needs to be changed or the tep_image_submit part should be re-written to be a text submit (tep_text_submit)

Any help is appreciated !

Hi,

this is indeed a great contrib!

Have one request at this point: How can I remove the compare image+link in the header of the product listing page.

Currently there's some text and a button which you need click on to go to the comparison page.

However, I would like to have a text link, just like my other columns.

I've tried the easy ways like removing the button but then I'm stucked with creating a text link to go to the comparison page.

I assume the following line

tep_image_submit('button_continue.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CONTINUE)

needs to be changed or the tep_image_submit part should be re-written to be a text submit (tep_text_submit)

Any help is appreciated !

If you change

'text' => TABLE_HEADING_COMPARE . '<br>' . tep_image_submit('button_continue.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CONTINUE) . '</form>');

To this

'text' => '<input class="cssbuttonsubmit" type="submit" value="' .TABLE_HEADING_COMPARE . '"><br></form>');

And add this to your stylesheet:

.cssbutton {
 margin: 5px;
 background: #E3E0A8;
 color : #000000;
 width : 70px;
 vertical-align: top;
 font-weight: normal;
 font-family: Tahoma;
 font-size: 12px;
 cursor: pointer;
 text-align:center;
 border: 1px;
 border-style: dotted;
 border-color: #6AE4A3A;
 border-spacing: 1px;
}

You have a button that you can further style.

HTH

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

Thank you Carine !

This is much better.

However, ideally I just want to have really a text link to the compare page, not any kind of a button.

The text link should look like the other header titles, such as 'product name', 'price' and 'buy now' columns.

Would this be possible at all ?

To just have a link,

1) use this code:

'text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(basename('compare.php'), tep_get_all_get_params(array('action'))) .'">' . TABLE_HEADING_COMPARE . '</a>');

2) comment out the creation of the form a few lines up like this:

/* BoF Compare Products side-by-side */
//  echo tep_draw_form('compare', tep_href_link(basename('compare.php'), tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) ));?>

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

• 3 months later...

I have a problem with comparing mods. I've installed follow instructions from compare side by side mod (version 1.2) but it seems no work.

demo:

http://www.gogo.com.vn/ecommerce/

Two products added for testing.

http://www.gogo.com.vn/ecommerce/products_new.php

Any advices for me ?

I'm using this mod before, everything's work fine:

http://www.thoitrangmobi.com/shop/

Thanks alot

~ @ Everything in your Hands @ ~

I installed the contribution and everything work fine, except if I do non select anything and click on button compare I got :

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') and pd.language_id = '4' order by p.products_id asc' at line 4

select p.products_weight, p.products_image, pd.products_description, pd.products_name, m.manufacturers_name, p.products_model, p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from products_description pd join products p using (products_id) left join manufacturers m using (manufacturers_id) left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_id in () and pd.language_id = '4' order by p.products_id asc

[TEP STOP]

Any help? Thanks

Vito

hi there

does this contribution works with STS (simple template system) ?

i just installed it on my ms2+sts (3.0) and after clicking compare button loading stops just before creating categories box : (

any idea what can be wrong ?

I believe STS uses the start and end of content html comments to extract and plugin the content in the template. You might need to add that to the compare.php page for the page to show using STS.

HTH.

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I have a problem with comparing mods. I've installed follow instructions from compare side by side mod (version 1.2) but it seems no work.

demo:

http://www.gogo.com.vn/ecommerce/

Two products added for testing.

http://www.gogo.com.vn/ecommerce/products_new.php

Any advices for me ?

I'm using this mod before, everything's work fine:

http://www.thoitrangmobi.com/shop/

Thanks alot

do you still have this proble, the links are not working for me

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I installed the contribution and everything work fine, except if I do non select anything and click on button compare I got :

Any help? Thanks

Vito

Hi Vito,

I think you set the minimum number of products to compare to 0, otherwise you would have gotten a message that you at least have to select X products in order to compare.

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Can you take a look at why the contribution is not working quite right:

http://siteowner.net/audiospec/index.php?c...a&columns_11=11

Somehow the first form labelled compare is misplaced, or should be closed. (in yours, the </form> tag is commented out.

On my site, I made it just with a link to call the compare.php page.

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Somehow the first form labelled compare is misplaced, or should be closed. (in yours, the </form> tag is commented out.

On my site, I made it just with a link to call the compare.php page.

Fixed the form tag but still having issues. The page keeps refreshing when a box is checked and then even after I have chosen more than 2 products, it says I havent chosen at least 2 products. Could you display the code for your page, maybe I can just use what you have.

Fixed the form tag but still having issues. The page keeps refreshing when a box is checked and then even after I have chosen more than 2 products, it says I havent chosen at least 2 products. Could you display the code for your page, maybe I can just use what you have.

Wish I could get this working...any ideas?

HI Everybody...

This is an impressive contribution and thanks to everyone who has worked on it.

We have a simple need:

Many of our future customers are young people and we hear over and over again

"Please put the low cost products first" in every language in the list of,

for example:

"New Products For January"

and

"Customers who bought this product also purchased"

~

You may think we are crazy, but we need to listen to them.

~

Can we use this contrib to do this, or maybe is it overkill?

Is there a simple way to do this, please?

Many thanks for your patient help...

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

Just installed your mod. Its working as far as I can tell EXCEPT it won't allow the compare between manufactures. This maybe due to the way I have my store setup. For example:

I have the category 'Knives', below that I have it broken down by manufacturer.

Knives

---> Benchmade

---> Beretta

---> Boker

---> Buck

---> etc

---> etc

---> etc

It compares fine when in one group (manufacturer) but when comparing between manufacturers it doesn't work.

Is this right or did I goof the install?

Thanks

Edited by edukes

HI Everybody...

This is an impressive contribution and thanks to everyone who has worked on it.

We have a simple need:

Many of our future customers are young people and we hear over and over again

"Please put the low cost products first" in every language in the list of,

for example:

"New Products For January"

and

"Customers who bought this product also purchased"

~

You may think we are crazy, but we need to listen to them.

~

Can we use this contrib to do this, or maybe is it overkill?

Is there a simple way to do this, please?

Many thanks for your patient help...

No, this contribution only works from the product listing page.

A total rewrite of the contribution using a design similar to the shopping cart class would be needed to create a comparison engine that would work across different categories and pages.

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Hello,

Just installed your mod. Its working as far as I can tell EXCEPT it won't allow the compare between manufactures. This maybe due to the way I have my store setup. For example:

I have the category 'Knives', below that I have it broken down by manufacturer.

Knives

---> Benchmade

---> Beretta

---> Boker

---> Buck

---> etc

---> etc

---> etc

It compares fine when in one group (manufacturer) but when comparing between manufacturers it doesn't work.

Is this right or did I goof the install?

Thanks

That is correct. It is one of the limitations of the current design. When MS3 comes out, I'll put in the effort to create a better functioning engine, but for now, I don't have the free time available to do a rewrite for MS2 - maybe someone else has ???.

Sorry.

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Hi!

Is it possible to limit the products to lets say three products side-by-side and if one wants to compare more at the same time they line up on the next row, and so forth?

Otherwise it would ruin the design in some cases.

Currently not, but it should not be too hard to amend the compare.php page to create such a design.

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Hello,

I just installed the contribution and it works great.

I have the All Products Page contribution installed. If you use it in the product listing display mode you can compare any product in your shop with another. By changing the SQL-select-statement you can restrict it to some categories or manufacturers. You can find the contribution here: All Products Page

Hardy

Hello,

I just installed the contribution and it works great.

I have the All Products Page contribution installed. If you use it in the product listing display mode you can compare any product in your shop with another. By changing the SQL-select-statement you can restrict it to some categories or manufacturers. You can find the contribution here: All Products Page

Hardy

Thanks hardy, this is an excellent tip ! :thumbsup:

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

• 1 month later...