• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Compare Products Side-By-Side

:( Hi, Carine thanks for your great job, but it does not work in www.scrinf.com I believe that the problem this in contribution STS, you can prove it in my site

Hello,

As far as I know, the STS contribution relies on certain start and ending HTML sequences to parse the content.

I don't know the intracies of STS to make it work. :blink:

Is there anyone who has info on what to do/not to do to support STS ?

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

I have been trying out this contrib, but i end up with the error message:

Nothing to compare

Please select a minimum of 2 products to compare on previous page

When i am looking at the demo site, there is a page refresh after each choosen product for comparazing.

In my test site there is no refreshing of the page after a product is choosen.

Any input is appriciated.....

I've tried this contrib, but again get the massage - Please select a minimum of 2 products to compare on previous page.

Can you supply with detailed possible solution?

Your help is appriciated.

Alexander

I've tried this contrib, but again get the massage - Please select a minimum of 2 products to compare on previous page.

Can you supply with detailed possible solution?

Your help is appriciated.

Alexander

ATTENTION: Code red it?s ok!.

STEP 3: catalog/includes/modules/product_listing.php

3.1 Find (~line 22)

</table>

<?php

}

Replace With

</table>

<?php

}

/* BoF Compare Products side-by-side */

echo tep_draw_form('compare', tep_href_link("compare.php", tep_get_all_get_params(array('action'))), 'get'); ?> </td>

<?php

/* EoF Compare Products side-by-side */

3.2 Find (~line 26)

$list_box_contents = array();

Replace With

/* BoF Compare Products side-by-side

Insert first column to add checkbox to compare products */

$list_box_contents[0][] = array('align' => "center",

'params' => 'class="productListing-heading"',

'text' => TABLE_HEADING_COMPARE . '<br>' . tep_image_submit('button_continue.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CONTINUE) . '<!--/form-->');

3.3 Find

if ($listing_split->number_of_rows > 0) {

$rows = 0;

Replace with

$rows = 0;

Generate hidden fields to submit with each checkbox */

$hidden_get_variables = '';

reset($HTTP_GET_VARS);

while (list($key, $value) = each($HTTP_GET_VARS)) {

if ((substr($key,0,8) != 'columns_') && ($key != tep_session_name()) && ($key != 'x') && ($key != 'y')) {

$hidden_get_variables .= tep_draw_hidden_field($key, $value);

}

}

3.4 Find

while ($listing = tep_db_fetch_array($listing_query)) {

$rows++;

Replace with

$rows++;

Hide all columns selected except for this product, which will be generated by the checkbox form is needed */

$hidden_get_columns = '';

reset($HTTP_GET_VARS);

if ((substr($key,0,8) == 'columns_') && ($key != 'columns_'.$listing['products_id']) ) {

$hidden_get_columns .= tep_draw_hidden_field($key, $value);

}

}

3.5 Find (~line 85)

$cur_row = sizeof($list_box_contents) - 1;

Replace with

Add checkbox to compare products */

$lc_align = 'center';

$lc_text = tep_draw_checkbox_field('columns_'.$listing['products_id'],$listing['products_id']);

$list_box_contents[$cur_row][] = array('align' => $lc_align,

'params' => 'class="productListing-data"',

'text' => $lc_text);

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') and pd.language_id = '1' order by p.products_id asc' at line

select p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from products_description pd join products p using (products_id) left join manufacturers m using (manufacturers_id) left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_id in () and pd.language_id = '1' order by p.products_id asc

[TEP STOP]

Thats the error I encountered. The OSC version I'm using is AAbox.com's MS2-MAX build.

Anyway, I also get the same error when I try to click on compare without selecting any products. Plus I didn't notice the page refreshing when I selected a product.

Could it be because I'm using a different OSC build?

Ok. I found the error. Forgot to inport the SQL (stupid me)

But now the error appears that I can't compare 2 products

Nothing to compare

Like what I stated above, the page doesn't seem to refresh when I click on the check buttons.

to: GOC66

thanks, now it seems that it tries ;-) to compare but now when i choose two products it returns the following error:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'using (products_id) left join manufacturers m using (' at line 1

select p.products_quantity, p.products_image, pd.products_description, pd.products_name, m.manufacturers_name, p.products_model, p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from products_description pd join products p using (products_id) left join manufacturers m using (manufacturers_id) left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_id in (1,2) and pd.language_id = '4' order by p.products_id asc

[TEP STOP]

On third page of this forum, there is a suggestion to find in compare.php:

//SQL selection, from and where clauses - for consistency put together
  $options = "select distinct po.products_options_id, po.products_options_name as options, po.products_options_is_static as static";

and replace with

//SQL selection, from and where clauses - for consistency put together
  $options = "select distinct po.products_options_id, po.products_options_name as options";

this, as i understand, will remove support for Static attribute contribution. I tried this but it didn't help. May be the above error is generated due to the fact that contrib wants some data (fields) from other contributions which are not installed? :-(

Does anyone know how to solve this issue?

Alexander

To: Alex_rus

~/compare.php

replace:

from products_description pd join products

with:

from products_description pd left join products

replace:

from products p join products_description

with:

from products p left join products_description

to mysql base (with use myphpadmin or console client):

alter table products_options add products_options_is_static int(1) not null default '0';

Must be work!!

• 3 weeks later...
To: Alex_rus

~/compare.php

replace:

from products_description pd join products

with:

from products_description pd left join products

replace:

from products p join products_description

with:

from products p left join products_description

to mysql base (with use myphpadmin or console client):

alter table products_options add products_options_is_static int(1) not null default '0';

Must be work!!

Hello; new situation: if anyone else receive some error message, in my case nothing happend; i rezolve some of old problems, add modifications (thanks Alex_rus) but....i get blank page?? :blink: after check two or more checkboxs?? No error message like ("you need to select 2 products etc") or something else; I use WEbmakers oscommerce version and yes, i also use a lot of others contributions (need to count them sometime, seems to be all from oscommerce comunity :D )

Please help

Thanks

Carpe Diem

• 3 weeks later...

hey, just want to thank Carine for the contrib and GOC66 for the fix that got it running. Well, now I still need to add custom product fields, but the compare works! :wub:

"Buy the ticket, take the ride..." -HST

hey, just want to thank Carine for the contrib and GOC66 for the fix that got it running. Well, now I still need to add custom product fields, but the compare works! :wub:

hi guys,

I was enjoying a holiday break, while you guys found the solution, now I read through the treads and couldn't see what solved your problem.

Could you guys recap or update the contribution to share what you found out ?

Carine

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

ATTENTION: Code red it?s ok!.

STEP 3: catalog/includes/modules/product_listing.php

3.1 Find (~line 22)

</table>

<?php

}

Replace With

</table>

<?php

}

/* BoF Compare Products side-by-side */

echo tep_draw_form('compare', tep_href_link("compare.php", tep_get_all_get_params(array('action'))), 'get'); ?> </td>

<?php

3.2 Find (~line 26)

Replace With

Insert first column to add checkbox to compare products */

$list_box_contents[0][] = array('align' => "center",

'params' => 'class="productListing-heading"',

'text' => TABLE_HEADING_COMPARE . '<br>' . tep_image_submit('button_continue.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CONTINUE) . '<!--/form-->');

3.3 Find

$rows = 0;

Replace with

$rows = 0;

Generate hidden fields to submit with each checkbox */

$hidden_get_variables = '';

reset($HTTP_GET_VARS);

if ((substr($key,0,8) != 'columns_') && ($key != tep_session_name()) && ($key != 'x') && ($key != 'y')) {

$hidden_get_variables .= tep_draw_hidden_field($key, $value);

}

}

3.4 Find

$rows++;

Replace with

$rows++;

Hide all columns selected except for this product, which will be generated by the checkbox form is needed */

$hidden_get_columns = '';

reset($HTTP_GET_VARS);

if ((substr($key,0,8) == 'columns_') && ($key != 'columns_'.$listing['products_id']) ) {

$hidden_get_columns .= tep_draw_hidden_field($key, $value);

}

}

3.5 Find (~line 85)

Replace with

Add checkbox to compare products */

$lc_align = 'center';

$lc_text = tep_draw_checkbox_field('columns_'.$listing['products_id'],$listing['products_id']);

$list_box_contents[$cur_row][] = array('align' => $lc_align,

'params' => 'class="productListing-data"',

'text' => $lc_text);

Yah, that would be the red bits. (I have Product Listing Select and some other stuff installed--was getting the 'Please select a minimum of 2 products...' message).

Just installed Product Extra Fields--now I've just got to add my new fields to the Compare Products admin, et voila! One thing I'm pondering is if it's possible to have fields that appear in Compare Products, but not on the main product info page.

Thanks again, nice work.

Ok, now I understand why you needed these additional mods, didn't notice it was for compatibility with the "product listing select" contrib.

Just installed Product Extra Fields--now I've just got to add my new fields to the Compare Products admin, et voila! One thing I'm pondering is if it's possible to have fields that appear in Compare Products, but not on the main product info page.

The code in the compare_products.php is independent from the code in product_info.php. Thus, yes any additions to product_info.php that you want to reflect in compare_products.php must be coded in. Similarly, you could show fields in the compare that you generally don't show in product info.

This is the next step for the contribution; however, I'm needing a product extra fields that is multilangual. Not sure if someone already has tackled this, haven't checked up on the support thread lately.

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I recently installed this mod and I am pulling the following in the search:

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/bikini/public_html/ecart/includes/functions/database.php on line 99

any clue ???

Can you past the code surrounding your line 99 in database.php ?

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Hi Carine:

OK, I've got nine extra fields that I can turn on and off in Compare Products admin, and I can get those fields to display on my site when comparing products. (And yes, the extra fields show up for Compare Products, but not on product info pages...very cool.) That's the easy part. But I'm in over my head trying to select data from products_to_products_extra_fields... Any tips? :ph34r:

OK, I've got nine extra fields that I can turn on and off in Compare Products admin, and I can get those fields to display on my site when comparing products. (And yes, the extra fields show up for Compare Products, but not on product info pages...very cool.)

Are you referring to the standard install, or did you make any additional changes yourself ?

That's the easy part. But I'm in over my head trying to select data from products_to_products_extra_fields... Any tips? :ph34r:

I don't have this integrated yet into my main store either as I also need this to be multi-langual, but I guess I should start with the single language and make it work with compare products ;) and then move on to the big job ...

Did you already have a piece of trial code that you want me to look at ?

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I used Product Extra Fields to create nine new product fields. Then I added records for the new fields to the productcomparison.sql file, ran your productcomparison_remove.sql file, and ran the modified productcomparison.sql. Next I added definitions for the fields in languages/english/compare.php. So far so good.

That takes me up to catalog/compare.php, which is where things get sticky... :blink: I've mucked about in it, but so far only succeeded in getting "1109 - Unknown table 'pef' in field list" messages and syntax errors. My coding skills are pretty limited--originally I was hoping to duplicate and modify your selects...but so far no joy.

Product Extra Fields adds two tables.

CREATE TABLE `products_extra_fields` (

`products_extra_fields_id` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,

`products_extra_fields_name` varchar(64) NOT NULL default '',

`products_extra_fields_order` int(3) NOT NULL default '0',

`products_extra_fields_status` tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0',

PRIMARY KEY (`products_extra_fields_id`)

) TYPE=MyISAM AUTO_INCREMENT=10 ;

CREATE TABLE `products_to_products_extra_fields` (

`products_id` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',

`products_extra_fields_id` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',

`products_extra_fields_value` varchar(255) default NULL,

PRIMARY KEY (`products_id`,`products_extra_fields_id`)

) TYPE=MyISAM;\

The data that I want to show with Compare Products is in products_extra_fields_value.

Seems to me that Compare Products and Product Extra Fields working together could be pretty powerful. B)

douglas,

the way products extra fields are stored is similar (ignoring the languages bit) to how attributes/options are stored.

that's a good starting point.

Can you send me the sql files and compare.php files you are using, I will have a look at it tomorrow.

It shouldn't be too hard to get this out of your db :D

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Here's the preview of Compare products v1.2 supporting Products_Extra_Fields

It includes all product extra fields that have active status.

We had a discussion to have an additional flag just to indicate if the field should or should not be shown in the comparison. For now, this extension to PEF has not been done.

The practicalities:

It involves adding 2 sections of code to catalog/compare.php and setting a configuration value. Instructions embedded in the code below.

Thrust you'll let me know any issues you might find ...

-------------------

Change To (effectively inserting new code indicated between BoF/EoF pair )

? ?//BoF PEF v1.2 part 1/2
? ?/* 
? ?// ?define('COMPARE_PRODUCTS_SIDEBYSIDE_PEF','true');
? ?
? ?or run following sql ?through phpmyadmin to have it configurable: (you can then remove this comment section)
? ?
? ?SELECT @productcomparisonid:=configuration_group_id from configuration_group where configuration_group_title like "Compare products %";
? ?INSERT ?INTO configuration( configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function ) 
? ?VALUES ( ?'', ?'Display Product Extra Fields', ?'COMPARE_PRODUCTS_SIDEBYSIDE_PEF', 'true', ?'If true Product Extra Fields will be shown in the side-by-side comparison', @productcomparisonid , 130, curdate( ?) , curdate( ?) , ?NULL , ?'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'),' );

? ?*/
? ?//Set to true if Product_Extra_Fields should be included in the comparison
? ?if (COMPARE_PRODUCTS_SIDEBYSIDE_PEF == 'true') {
? ?	
? ?	//List of pef fields
? ?	$pef_select ?= "select distinct p.products_id, pef.products_extra_fields_id, pef.products_extra_fields_name ";
? ? ?$pef_from ? ?= " ?from products p join products_to_products_extra_fields p2pef using (products_id) left join 
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? products_extra_fields pef on p2pef.products_extra_fields_id = pef.products_extra_fields_id
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? where p.products_id in (" . implode(",", $columns) . ") and pef.products_extra_fields_status = 1"; 
? ? ?$pef_orderby = " order by p.products_id, pef.products_extra_fields_order asc";
? ? ?$pef_query = $pef_select . $pef_from . $pef_orderby;
? ? ?$pef_result = tep_db_query($pef_query); 
? ? ?
? ? ?//matrix with pef details
? ? ?$pef_details_query = $pef_select . ", p2pef.products_extra_fields_value " . $pef_from . $pef_orderby;
? ? ?$pef_details_result = tep_db_query($pef_details_query);
? ? ?
? ? ?//fill pef matrix
? ? ?$pef_matrix = array();
? ? ?while ($row = tep_db_fetch_array($pef_details_result)) {
? ? ? ? ? ? $pef_matrix[$row['products_id']][++$matrix[$row['products_id']][cn]] = $row; 
? ? ?}
? ? ?if (COMPARE_PRODUCTS_SIDEBYSIDE_DEBUG == 'true') print_r($pef_matrix);
? ? ?}
? ?//EoF PEF v1.2 part 1/2

? //get product details
? ?$productdetailsquery = $pd_details . $pd_matches . " and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'" ?. $pd_orderby;
? ?$productdetailsresult = tep_db_query($productdetailsquery);

Change To (effectively inserting new code indicated between BoF/EoF pair )

This puts the products extra fields after the product fields before any static attributes and options.

? ?// BoF PEF v1.2 part 2/2
? ?// loop through all possible product extra fields ?
? ?if (COMPARE_PRODUCTS_SIDEBYSIDE_PEF == 'true') {
? ? ?while ($row = tep_db_fetch_array($pef_result)) {
? ? ? ? ?$cur_row++;
? ? ? ? ?$list_box_contents[$cur_row][] = array('align' => $lc_align,
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? 'params' => 'class="compareListing-data"',
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? 'text' ?=> $row['products_extra_fields_name']);
? ? ? for ($k = 0; $k < count($columns); $k++) {
? ? ? ? ? ?$displaycell = " ";
? ? ? ? ? ?foreach ($pef_matrix as $prod => $records) {
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?if ( $columns[$k] == $prod ) {
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?foreach ($records as $key => $value) {	
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? if ( $value['products_extra_fields_name'] == $row['products_extra_fields_name'] ) {
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? $displaycell .= $value['products_extra_fields_value'] . '<br>';
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? }
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? }
? ? ? ? ? ?	}
? ? ? ? ? ?}
? ? ? ? ? ?$list_box_contents[$cur_row][] = array('align' => $lc_align,
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? 'params' => 'class="compareListing-data"',
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? 'text' ?=> $displaycell);
? ? ? } 
? ? ?} // end while
? ?}
? ?// EoF PEF v1.2 part 2/2
? ?
? ?// loop through all possible static options ?
? ?if (COMPARE_PRODUCTS_SIDEBYSIDE_STATIC == 'true') {

Edited by bruyndoncx

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

has anyone tried this yet ?

I'd like to get some feedback before upgrading the contribution

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Hi C:

Apologies for taking so long--got called away. The catch for me now is installing Static Attributes. What's with those .patch files? (Never mind, that's not your problem.) But I wish the author had provided instructions for manually editing files... :(

I have installed this contirbution

But i have having this message appear even when i select more than 2 products.

Nothing to compare

I have tried the earlier fix,. But it did not work.

Can you upload the Final Mod with all the Bugs Fixes.