• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Vendor_Auto_E-mail (In_Development)

blucollarguy

Hi.... :-)

Thanks for a nice contribution, we have been using several reports and systems at the same time, but it does not exactely meet our requirements.

We are running a shop where we order items from suppliers/vendors (about. 7 diferent suppliers) as they come inn, but we ship every item to the end customer ourself.

This makes this contribution only slightly usefull to us, (We have installed it), but since a separate e-mail to our suppliers pr. item ordered is not an option which our suppliers care to much about, they would rather have 1 order with a larger number of items in one go.

What we are looking for is a "Batch" vertion of this contribution.... ie.... the individual orders are stored in the database, then we can through a selection report tool (By date and/or order status) choose to send an e-mail to the individual suppliers with a larger collected item order at our choosen time.

Any input is appriciated.... ;-)

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are running a shop where we order items from suppliers/vendors (about. 7 diferent suppliers) as they come inn, but we ship every item to the end customer ourself.

I recently wrote a php script for a client (using Squirrel Cart but it would work here) where we send a product CSV dump to the supplier each night, and they return a CSV response saying what items were no longer for sale, and live stock values. The script receives the response and then adjusts the catalogs inventory and product available status.

You might want something more like process, although customized more specifically. You need to have the supplier willing to respond in a process you can work with.

What you need can be done as a stand alone code contribution without having it plugin to the osCommerce backbone. contact me if you want a custom deployment.

Hi.... :-)

Thanks for a nice contribution, we have been using several reports and systems at the same time, but it does not exactely meet our requirements.

This makes this contribution only slightly usefull to us, (We have installed it), but since a separate e-mail to our suppliers pr. item ordered is not an option which our suppliers care to much about, they would rather have 1 order with a larger number of items in one go.

What we are looking for is a "Batch" vertion of this contribution.... ie.... the individual orders are stored in the database, then we can through a selection report tool (By date and/or order status) choose to send an e-mail to the individual suppliers with a larger collected item order at our choosen time.

Any input is appriciated.... ;-)

;) Hello to ya!. Your point is actually something I have on my list of options to build into this contribution. My thought had been the possibility that a particular vendor may not want to receive several e-mail orders every day. In that case one would want the ability to collect all orders to that particular vendor at "the end of the day" or whatever time was chosen, and send the order as one large order. I have not investigated the script requirement yet so I cannot offer you any guesses as to when it may be included. But keep an eye out for updates, since my schedule is erratic and I never quite know when I will have time to work on this contribution, although I do expect to post an update this weekend(July 3-4). Good luck and if anyone has any thing that might facilitate this or any other suggestion, please contact me.

Craig

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

Anything worth having, is worth working for.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Catalog

3 Vendors, each category, "buy" a product from each category to see how MVS works during checkout.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Admin

login: [email protected]

pass: mvs_demo

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Download Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1

Vendor Email

Vendor Info in easypopulate

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

A new update had been released. It is available now. Many additional features. Post any comments or problem here so we can all see what I did wrong. Download it with the link below. :D

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

3 Vendors, each category, "buy" a product from each category to see how MVS works during checkout.

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

I had an error in the sql. in the "vendors" table, the file creates the column

"`vendor_street_address` VARCHAR( 32 ),"

It should be

" `vendor_street` VARCHAR( 32 )," If you already ran this sql simply change the name. Remove "_address" from the column name. I will fix this in an updated release.

Any other problems? Let me know. Craig :D

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

<_< I have a few bugs still to work out. And I need some help. I sill have figured out the first bug that has existed since I started this mod.

When you click to "edit" a vendor that has been entered, none of the info fields get filled in.

The other I have just recently discovered. When an order contains multiple products to the same vendor, my script is send the vendor a copy of the email for each product in the order. So, if an order contains 4 products to one vendor, then that vendor gets the full product order 4 times. They are all duplicates. Each contains the appropriate product info. There are just 4 of them being sent. There must be a way to run a "duplicate_check_query" on a list rather than a db, which is the only way I know. If anyone can help, please let me know. :(

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

:huh:

The email to the vendors is sending customers address from the "default" address list, not the "delivery address" list. Here is the fix. Sorry everyone.

In orders.php, change the entire "$delivery_address_query" paragraph to this:

$delivery_address_query = tep_db_query("select distinct delivery_company, delivery_name, delivery_street_address, delivery_apt_number, delivery_city, delivery_state, delivery_postcode from orders where orders_id='" . $oID ."'") ;

$delivery_address_list = tep_db_fetch_array($delivery_address_query) ;

then the lines between ".... '</b><br>Dropship deliver to:<br>' ." and "// Get all the products to be included in the email"

change to this:

$delivery_address_list['delivery_company'] .'<br>' .

$delivery_address_list['delivery_name'] .'<br>' .

$delivery_address_list['delivery_street_address'] . ', ' . $delivery_address_list['delivery_apt_number'] .'<br>' .

$delivery_address_list['delivery_city'] .'<br>' .

$delivery_address_list['delivery_state'] . ' ' . $delivery_address_list['delivery_postcode'] . '<br>' ;

I will post this fix in the forums and to the contrib, let me know if you have any problems. Craig. :D

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

I accidentley included a new field I am working on in the "delivery address" code which will give you db errors. The easiest fix would be to run this sql.

ALTER TABLE `address_book` ADD `entry_apt_number` VARCHAR( 24 ) NOT NULL AFTER `entry_street_address` ;

ALTER TABLE `orders` ADD `customers_apt_number` VARCHAR( 24 ) NOT NULL AFTER `customers_street_address` ;

ALTER TABLE `orders` ADD `delivery_apt_number` VARCHAR( 24 ) NOT NULL AFTER `delivery_street_address` ;

ALTER TABLE `orders` ADD `billing_apt_number` VARCHAR( 24 ) NOT NULL AFTER `billing_street_address` ;

This should fix any errors and will not effect any thing else.

Sorry! AGAIN! :blink:

stupidity is a hard habit to break!

Edited by blucollarguy

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

stupidity is a hard habit to break!

Hi Craig,

Nahhh.... it's NOT stupidity... it's trial and error, mate.

B)

I actually configured my vendor emails so that the venor only gets the name and country details of the customer.

I feel that, in my case, it's all the details they need, i.e. country details for demographic sales analysis.

:rolleyes:

Thanks for the support Mikey. Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

This bug is really starting to @#^% me off! " When you click to "edit" a vendor that has been entered, none of the info fields get filled in." I can't figure this out to save my life. Has anyone been able to spend any time on it? This issue is becoming larger as time goes by and I continue to work on this contrib. I am currently adding the "Multi_Vendor_Shipping" functionality to it and the information to be re-entered with every mod I make is driving me crazy. :wacko:

I know there are much smarter and more experienced folks out there than I and I hope someone get's this one for me. HELP! Craig.

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

• 5 weeks later...

HI CRAIG

GREAT CONTRIBUTION SEEMS TO BE WORKING EXCEPT FOR THE KNOWN PROBLEMS (STAY CALM YOULL FIGURE IT)

ONE OTHER PROBLEM (OR MAYBE ITS JUST ME) WHEN TWO ITEMS ARE MADE ON THE SAME ORDER BOTH TO DIFFERENT VENDORS EACH EMAIL GOES TO ITS CORRECT VENDOR...FINE. BUT IF THOSE ITEMS HAVE ATTRIBUTES THE FIRST EMAIL IS SENT OK THE SECOND EMAIL IS SENT COMPLETE BUT ALSO INCLUDES THE FIRST ITEMS ATTRIBUTE.

ANY SUGGESTIONS??

THANKS AGAIN

Edited by wintecs

wintecsman, that is a new one for me as I have not used the attributes much. I will look into it and see if I can come up with a fix. I believe we will need to tie the product-ooptions to a vendor as well for that to function properly. I have been working on that as it was a previous request, and when I get it finished I will update VS-Email with afew other updates as well. In the meantime I will see if I can come up with a fix for you. Have you installed the latest updates I have posted in the contrib area? I need to know which files you are using so I can replicate properly. Thanks for support and I will get back to you as soon as I can. Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

wintecsman and anyone who is using this contrib: the last update I made had a number of experimental pieces of code. One of which will be contributing to the issue that wintecsman posted earlier. A quick first step is to eliminate all the unneccessary calls: so find the following code

//send the email

tep_mail($the_name, $the_email, EMAIL_TEXT_ORDER_NUMBER . ' ' . $oID ,  $email .  '<br>' . $email_message, STORE_NAME, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS)  ;

in */admin/orders.php and replace it with

//send the email

tep_mail($the_name, $the_email, EMAIL_TEXT_ORDER_NUMBER . ' ' . $oID ,  $email .  '<br>', STORE_NAME, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);

Note: we are removing the separate listing of "$email_message" which is the products_attribute portion of the email list. I am going to work up some attributes for my products and do some testing to work this out for sure. This is the first thing to do, so, if anyone gets the chance to test a few emails with attributes post your results so I can get some real world results quickly, thanks for the support and help,

Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

• 1 month later...

Hi Craig -

Did you ever come up with a fix for this? I'm running into the same issue (running OsC2.2M2 with all your updates to the vendor email contribution).

Thanks for this great contribution!!

- James

wintecsman, that is a new one for me as I have not used the attributes much. I will look into it and see if I can come up with a fix. I believe we will need to tie the product-ooptions to a vendor as well for that to function properly. I have been working on that as it was a previous request, and when I get it finished I will update VS-Email with afew other updates as well. In the meantime I will see if I can come up with a fix for you. Have you installed the latest updates I have posted in the contrib area? I need to know which files you are using so I can replicate properly. Thanks for support and I will get back to you as soon as I can. Craig :)

Hey James, I started linking the attributes to the Vendors and got sidetracked by a number of other things. I still plan to get it done though. I may take a little time this week and see if I can't get this part done quickly. There are few other small things I wanted to do before I released the new version. Did you apply the fix I posted for wintecsman? I had hoped that since he did not come back with another reply, that dealt with it. Maybe not. I will post here as soon as I get something done. And your welcome, eventually, I think it will be very good, as I plan to integrate several other Vendor management features over time. Craig :)

Hi Craig -

Did you ever come up with a fix for this? I'm running into the same issue (running OsC2.2M2 with all your updates to the vendor email contribution).

Thanks for this great contribution!!

- James

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Hi Craig - that would be great to get a fix! Thanks for your continued work on this contribution. I may also work on it. If I come up with something I'll let you know.

I did apply the modification you suggested to wintecsman and it seemed to work fine (I tried it without and ended up with lots of errors!).

Oh one other problem I'm having: I added the first vendor just fine. All the rest throw this error (even if I fill in all the fields with real values instead of "fdasf" or blanks!):

1062 - Duplicate entry '0-1' for key 1

insert into vendors_info (vendors_url, vendors_id, languages_id) values ('fdasf', '', '1')

[TEP STOP]

The vendor information seems to get added to the database just fine, though.

Any idea what could be causing this?

Thanks,

- James

Hey James, I started linking the attributes to the Vendors and got sidetracked by a number of other things. I still plan to get it done though. I may take a little time this week and see if I can't get this part done quickly. There are few other small things I wanted to do before I released the new version. Did you apply the fix I posted for wintecsman?  I had hoped that since he did not come back with another reply, that dealt with it. Maybe not. I will post here as soon as I get something done. And your welcome, eventually, I think it will be very good, as I plan to integrate several other Vendor management features over time. Craig :)

Edited by TheArtsCoop

this error is from the fact that I still have not found the fix for the add/edit vendor screen not showing the data that is already in the database by default. One of the entries you put into that field is already there by default. Ususally see this in the "send vendor emails" setting. It is default '0', but you can't see that during the add process, so one puts a '0' in the box and then the database says hey you already have that entry in here and throws an error. I am still working on this bug too. If you find any of it, do please let me know. The sdd\edit screen has been the biggest pain in the but. Been scratching my head on that one for months. Take a look at the code in the "vendors.php" file and see if you come up with anything. Thanks, I hope to have a fix for the "attributes" issue soon, Craig :)

Hi Craig - that would be great to get a fix! Thanks for your continued work on this contribution. I may also work on it. If I come up with something I'll let you know.

I did apply the modification you suggested to wintecsman and it seemed to work fine (I tried it without and ended up with lots of errors!).

Oh one other problem I'm having: I added the first vendor just fine. All the rest throw this error (even if I fill in all the fields with real values instead of "fdasf" or blanks!):

1062 - Duplicate entry '0-1' for key 1

insert into vendors_info (vendors_url, vendors_id, languages_id) values ('fdasf', '', '1')

[TEP STOP]

The vendor information seems to get added to the database just fine, though.

Any idea what could be causing this?

Thanks,

- James

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Craig,

I am looking at contributions like yours as a solution for a client of mine. I have not installed or tested your contribution, but looking through the code, I noticed something that might be causing the bug you have been wrestling with (not displaying existing values on edit):

In vendors.php, I noticed that, throughout the first part of the file, you refer to

$vInfo->

Then, under the edit case of the switch() statement on (or near) line 248, you refer to

$vINFO->

I'm thinking this might be why your form fields are not being populated...what happens when you change the case here?

Just my 2 cents, since I have not used this yet, but think it is a valuable contribution.

when you repost the contribution, to make it easier for others who may want to help (and others who want to use) it would be nice if the full contribution was pieced together into one download, instead of having to download a few different files. this is what gets developers and users not interested in doing anything.

just my 3cents worth

This fixed the problem for me! Woohoo!

Thanks!

Craig,

I am looking at contributions like yours as a solution for a client of mine. I have not installed or tested your contribution, but looking through the code, I noticed something that might be causing the bug you have been wrestling with (not displaying existing values on edit):

In vendors.php, I noticed that, throughout the first part of the file, you refer to

$vInfo->

Then, under the edit case of the switch() statement on (or near) line 248, you refer to

$vINFO->

I'm thinking this might be why your form fields are not being populated...what happens when you change the case here?

Just my 2 cents, since I have not used this yet, but think it is a valuable contribution.

THAT"S IT!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

You got it. I don't know how I could have done that to begin with and how I missed it each of the gazillion times I've combed through this file! I will co a clean up of several other things this weekend and post an updated VAEmail. I think I have the attribute issue worked out so it will include that as well as I will post a note on that issue here. Great job Tony, I owe you you one. If anyone else is watching this thread, do a search and replace for this issue. In catalog/admin/vendors.php do a search for $vINFO (all "info" in caps) and replace with $vInfo(only "I" cap). Test your edit. Shazzzaaaaaaaammmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will be posting an updated version sometime over the weekend. Thanks again Tony, Craig :D

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!