• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Master Password v1.0 by Acheron

sinryder

hello guys iam trying to install master password so i can get into my customers account and can see what they have ordered.

i am having problem installing it .

can some please explain me this part in my sql

currently i am in phpmyadmin - mydatabase - configuration

i know i have to change all the fields in configuration but i dont get this part

VALUES ('188', 'Master Password', 'MASTER_PASS', 'yourpassword', 'This password will allow you to login to any customers account.', 1, 23, '2004-06-15 07:10:52', '2004-06-15 07:10:52', NULL, NULL);

in value section i can change the " 11" to 188 but what about the rest of stuff. i dont see any place to put that in

---------------------------------

| Master Password v1.0 by Acheron |

---------------------------------

Author: Acheron

Target: osC MS 2.2

Description:

This mod (my 3rd) will add a master password to your site which will allow you to login to any customer's account.  Possible uses include: (a) completing checkout if a customer did not return to your site from the payment processor, (B) troubleshoot a customer's account, © manually enter orders for existing customers, (d) ???  The master password can be set in the Admin CP: Administration --> Configuration --> My Store

I try to make my mods as clean as possible and as easy to install as possible.  If you appreciate my efforts and would like me to continue providing mods, donations would be welcome.  ;)

Donations can be PayPal'd to:  [email protected]

*** Please Note: Replace 'yourpassword' in the SQL with your desired master pass to save yourself the trouble of setting it in Admin the first time.  I highly recommend you use at least 8 alpha-numeric characters.  It's also not a bad idea to change it every now and then.

================================================================================

=====================

-------------

| RUN THE SQL |

-------------

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function) VALUES ('188', 'Master Password', 'MASTER_PASS', 'yourpassword', 'This password will allow you to login to any customers account.', 1, 23, '2004-06-15 07:10:52', '2004-06-15 07:10:52', NULL, NULL);

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

huh? hehe Did you simply run the SQL in phpMyAdmin or are you trying to input it a piece at a time manually? The 188 can be changed to anything you want btw. Just don't use the same config ID as any other config option.

btw, you shouldn't actually be changing any values on that table. You're actually just adding to them. Just change the 'yourpassword' bit to the pass of your choosing prior to running the SQL.

Edited by Acheron

• 7 months later...

Acheron,

I had updated and installed a master password at

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1459

I had fixed it to read the password from the dbase and let it be changed in the Admin panel, however its just plain data, not encrypted.

When i posted the update to it that i had made, someone refered all to this one said it was better, which it may be, says its encrypted. but i also see where it says that there is a hard coded ip address, which will cause problems for those on dsl that are not static, my ip address changes like every couple weeks seems like. so that would be problems for me to have to change the code every time.

is this the case at which i am understanding?

Regards

Tom

Hello,

I have installed contribution 15 Jun 2004 - Master Password v1.0 but i have problem when i try to run in sql this : INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function) VALUES ('188', 'Master Password', 'MASTER_PASS', 'yourpassword', 'This password will allow you to login to any customers account.', 1, 23, '2004-06-15 07:10:52', '2004-06-15 07:10:52', NULL, NULL);

It give me this ERROR : MySQL a r?pondu: #1062 - Duplicate entry '188' for key 1

Please dos someone know what that mean? Hove can i repare that?

Thank you wery much.

Bekor.

== EasyPHP 1.7

== www.easyphp.org

== apache 1.3.27 - php 4.3.3 - mysql 4.0.15 - phpmyadmin 2.5.3

et

==osCommerce 2.2-MS2

==PHP Version 4.3.8 (Zend : 1.3.0)

==Apache/2.0.50 (Fedora)

et

autres MachinTruk... :-)

Hello,

I have installed contribution 15 Jun 2004 - Master Password v1.0 but i have problem when i try to run in sql this : INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function) VALUES ('188', 'Master Password', 'MASTER_PASS', 'yourpassword', 'This password will allow you to login to any customers account.', 1, 23, '2004-06-15 07:10:52', '2004-06-15 07:10:52', NULL, NULL);

It give me this ERROR : MySQL a r?pondu: #1062 - Duplicate entry '188' for key 1

Please dos someone know what that mean? Hove can i repare that?

Thank you wery much.

Bekor.

I got the same error, but if you read above, it says you can change it to any number. I did that and it ran. Also, like said above put your password where it says 'yourpassword'

Cyndi

Is it reality or just a dream, for some there is no difference.

Thank you wery much.

I make it work. I am totaly new in sql and staff so i prefer to ask before to breake all. :-)

Bekor.

== EasyPHP 1.7

== www.easyphp.org

== apache 1.3.27 - php 4.3.3 - mysql 4.0.15 - phpmyadmin 2.5.3

et

==osCommerce 2.2-MS2

==PHP Version 4.3.8 (Zend : 1.3.0)

==Apache/2.0.50 (Fedora)

et

autres MachinTruk... :-)

• 1 year later...

Ok, I've had this successfully installed now.

Now I am trying to view a customer's cart .... I type in their email addy and my master password. I keep getting the error that the login is not correct.

So now what?

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone please?

The customer's email addy is correct and so is my master password.

I've tried this on my test customer accounts and live ones. I have changed master passwords. Nothing works.

Anyone have suggestions on where to look? I had no errors during installation.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Is no one using this contribution anymore ??

Hi Barbra, We're giving some thought to adding this contrib to use with phone in orders, and customers who get stuck somewhere in the process and just call us instead.

Have you gotten this sorted out?

Just wanted to say thank you for this contribution. We installed Master Password v 1.4 (jkx 4 Jan 2006)

and it works like a charm.

To anyone wondering about the sql insert, log into your cpanel and get to "phpmyadmin" click on the appropriate database in the column_left drop box. Then click on configuration in the column_left again, and then click on "browse" in the upper left of the main screen. Browse through noting the unused configuration_id numbers, I used one of those, find out if 188 is used or not. And don't forget to change the yourpassword in 'MASTER_PASS', 'yourpassword',

And always back-up in your file writing by renaming existing files "what.php.the_one_that_worked_before_I_started_goofing_with_whateveritis

Oh yeah, it also pays to rename like aaagood.this.php ~backout is much quicker!

Thanks Again!

Nope - still can't get this to work - and I'm not the only one.

It's installed perfectly fine. The other person also having problems "lives" in SQL and databases all day long in her day job, so none of that is the problem.

When you go to log into the customer's account using their email address and master password, it keeps saying the password is wrong. I've tried all different kinds of emails (yahoo, msn, myway, gmail, aol, etc), so that isn't the issue.

motorcity - is yours recognizing the password you used?

• 4 weeks later...

Rick,

I'm not sure what you are referring to. My master password in Admin is:

Admin - Configuration ... last listing labeled "Master Password" and the password I set is listed under the "value" column. I can click "edit" to change the password. But there is no "confirm" or anything like you are referring to.

• 2 months later...
Rick,

I'm not sure what you are referring to. My master password in Admin is:

Admin - Configuration ... last listing labeled "Master Password" and the password I set is listed under the "value" column. I can click "edit" to change the password. But there is no "confirm" or anything like you are referring to.

I"m having the same issue. I set the password in the Admin >> Configuration >> My Store but when I use the password I still get "Error: No match for E-Mail Address and/or Password.".

Any ideas?

If you have a serious problem but it can be solved, why worry about it? If you have a serious problem but it can't be solved, then why worry about it?

I"m having the same issue. I set the password in the Admin >> Configuration >> My Store but when I use the password I still get "Error: No match for E-Mail Address and/or Password.".

Any ideas?

Am I the only one who has this issue?

If you have a serious problem but it can be solved, why worry about it? If you have a serious problem but it can't be solved, then why worry about it?

Am I the only one who has this issue?

Never mind. I deleted this contribution and installed this one: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1459/

Now it all works fine.