• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Fancy split_page_results

nrlatsha

• 2 months later...

I just installed the Fancy Split-Page mod. Great mod. I was on your site and noticed that it has the drop down page box on the top and bottom of the products listing. My question is, I didn't get the top drop down box with this mod. Is it part of the mod, or a different mod? Good job on the drop down box. :thumbsup:

Edited by adhp

I just installed the Fancy Split-Page mod.  Great mod.  I was on your site and noticed that it has the drop down page box on the top and bottom of the products listing.  My question is, I didn't get the top drop down box with this mod.  Is it part of the mod, or a different mod?  Good job on the drop down box. :thumbsup:

Its part of the mod, when you have something that spans over 1 page, the drop down should show up. If you're just getting forward and backward buttons, then you'll need to check the install again.

9 times out of 10 its a PEBCAK Error (Problem exists between chair and keyboard)

Replace that and you're fine...

Its part of the mod, when you have something that spans over 1 page, the drop down should show up. If you're just getting forward and backward buttons, then you'll need to check the install again.

I do get the drop down box, but only at the bottom of the product listing. On your page the dropdown box is on the top and bottom. The mod is working great, I have 8 pages and it does show 1-8.

I do get the drop down box, but only at the bottom of the product listing.  On your page the dropdown box is on the top and bottom.  The mod is working great, I have 8 pages and it does show 1-8.

Under My Store->Config->product listing, you can set where those buttons are displayed, (1-top, 2-bottom, 3-both), I have it set to 3, for both top and bottom.

9 times out of 10 its a PEBCAK Error (Problem exists between chair and keyboard)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Nathan here, original author of the mod.

It's good to see someone has taken up the mod, the site it was originally written for is long since gone and I haven't been around OSC for a couple years now, I was suprised when I googled my name and found the mod was active again. I was also pleasantly surprised to see my account was still active B)

Anyway, keep up the great work, if I ever need to get back into e-commerce, I'm sure I'll head back to OSC.

Nathan

I am running osC 2.2 MS2 and just installed it at http://www.popthetop.com/catalog

It seems to work great. Take a look around to see it in action...

Category Tools: 2 items

Category All Products: 28 items

Specials and New Items

NOW... here is the problem I am having since the install:

If you click on Login, enter your e-mail address and password, I get a blank screen with the following error messages:

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/popthet/public_html/catalog/includes/classes/split_page_results.php:168) in /home/popthet/public_html/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/popthet/public_html/catalog/includes/classes/split_page_results.php:168) in /home/popthet/public_html/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/popthet/public_html/catalog/includes/classes/split_page_results.php:168) in /home/popthet/public_html/catalog/login.php on line 71

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/popthet/public_html/catalog/includes/classes/split_page_results.php:168) in /home/popthet/public_html/catalog/login.php on line 72

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/popthet/public_html/catalog/includes/classes/split_page_results.php:168) in /home/popthet/public_html/catalog/includes/functions/general.php on line 30

You can try it if you want by using our test account

Acct e-mail: [email protected]

Password: 4050

Does anyone have any clues as to what is going on here?

Here is a copy of my split_page_results.php file:

<?php
/*
 $Id: split_page_results.php,v 1.15 2003/06/09 22:35:34 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

class splitPageResults {
   var $sql_query, $number_of_rows, $current_page_number, $number_of_pages, $number_of_rows_per_page, $page_name;

/* class constructor */
   function splitPageResults($query, $max_rows, $count_key = '*', $page_holder = 'page') {
     global $HTTP_GET_VARS, $HTTP_POST_VARS;

$this->sql_query = $query;
     $this->page_name = $page_holder;

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS[$page_holder])) {
       $page = $HTTP_GET_VARS[$page_holder];
     } elseif (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS[$page_holder])) {
       $page = $HTTP_POST_VARS[$page_holder];
     } else {
       $page = '';
     }

if (empty($page) || !is_numeric($page)) $page = 1;
     $this->current_page_number = $page;

$this->number_of_rows_per_page = $max_rows;

$pos_to = strlen($this->sql_query);
     $pos_from = strpos($this->sql_query, ' from', 0);

$pos_group_by = strpos($this->sql_query, ' group by', $pos_from);
     if (($pos_group_by < $pos_to) && ($pos_group_by != false)) $pos_to = $pos_group_by;

$pos_having = strpos($this->sql_query, ' having', $pos_from);
     if (($pos_having < $pos_to) && ($pos_having != false)) $pos_to = $pos_having;

$pos_order_by = strpos($this->sql_query, ' order by', $pos_from);
     if (($pos_order_by < $pos_to) && ($pos_order_by != false)) $pos_to = $pos_order_by;

if (strpos($this->sql_query, 'distinct') || strpos($this->sql_query, 'group by')) {
       $count_string = 'distinct ' . tep_db_input($count_key);
     } else {
       $count_string = tep_db_input($count_key);
     }

$count_query = tep_db_query("select count(" . $count_string . ") as total " . substr($this->sql_query, $pos_from, ($pos_to - $pos_from)));
     $count = tep_db_fetch_array($count_query);

$this->number_of_rows = $count['total'];

$this->number_of_pages = ceil($this->number_of_rows / $this->number_of_rows_per_page);

if ($this->current_page_number > $this->number_of_pages) {
       $this->current_page_number = $this->number_of_pages;
     }

$offset = ($this->number_of_rows_per_page * ($this->current_page_number - 1));

$this->sql_query .= " limit " . $offset . ", " . $this->number_of_rows_per_page;
   }

/* class functions */

// display split-page-number-links
   function display_links($max_page_links, $parameters = '') {
     global $PHP_SELF, $request_type;

$display_links_string = '';

$class = 'class="pageResults"';

if (tep_not_null($parameters) && (substr($parameters, -1) != '&')) $parameters .= '&';

// previous button - not displayed on first page
     if ($this->current_page_number > 1) $display_links_string .= '<a href="' . tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), $parameters . $this->page_name . '=' . ($this->current_page_number - 1), $request_type) . '" class="pageResults" title=" ' . PREVNEXT_TITLE_PREVIOUS_PAGE . ' "><u>' . PREVNEXT_BUTTON_PREV . '</u></a>  ';

// check if number_of_pages > $max_page_links
     $cur_window_num = intval($this->current_page_number / $max_page_links);
     if ($this->current_page_number % $max_page_links) $cur_window_num++;

$max_window_num = intval($this->number_of_pages / $max_page_links);
     if ($this->number_of_pages % $max_page_links) $max_window_num++;

// previous window of pages
     if ($cur_window_num > 1) $display_links_string .= '<a href="' . tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), $parameters . $this->page_name . '=' . (($cur_window_num - 1) * $max_page_links), $request_type) . '" class="pageResults" title=" ' . sprintf(PREVNEXT_TITLE_PREV_SET_OF_NO_PAGE, $max_page_links) . ' ">...</a>';

// page nn button
     for ($jump_to_page = 1 + (($cur_window_num - 1) * $max_page_links); ($jump_to_page <= ($cur_window_num * $max_page_links)) && ($jump_to_page <= $this->number_of_pages); $jump_to_page++) {
       if ($jump_to_page == $this->current_page_number) {
         $display_links_string .= ' <b>' . $jump_to_page . '</b> ';
       } else {
         $display_links_string .= ' <a href="' . tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), $parameters . $this->page_name . '=' . $jump_to_page, $request_type) . '" class="pageResults" title=" ' . sprintf(PREVNEXT_TITLE_PAGE_NO, $jump_to_page) . ' "><u>' . $jump_to_page . '</u></a> ';
       }
     }

// next window of pages
     if ($cur_window_num < $max_window_num) $display_links_string .= '<a href="' . tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), $parameters . $this->page_name . '=' . (($cur_window_num) * $max_page_links + 1), $request_type) . '" class="pageResults" title=" ' . sprintf(PREVNEXT_TITLE_NEXT_SET_OF_NO_PAGE, $max_page_links) . ' ">...</a> ';

// next button
     if (($this->current_page_number < $this->number_of_pages) && ($this->number_of_pages != 1)) $display_links_string .= ' <a href="' . tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), $parameters . 'page=' . ($this->current_page_number + 1), $request_type) . '" class="pageResults" title=" ' . PREVNEXT_TITLE_NEXT_PAGE . ' "><u>' . PREVNEXT_BUTTON_NEXT . '</u></a> ';

return $display_links_string;
   }

// display number of total products found
   function display_count($text_output) {
     $to_num = ($this->number_of_rows_per_page * $this->current_page_number);
     if ($to_num > $this->number_of_rows) $to_num = $this->number_of_rows;

$from_num = ($this->number_of_rows_per_page * ($this->current_page_number - 1));

if ($to_num == 0) {
       $from_num = 0;
     } else {
       $from_num++;
     }

return sprintf($text_output, $from_num, $to_num, $this->number_of_rows);
   }

// display fancy split-page-number-links (Noel Latsha, TEAM DEVOSC)
function devosc_display_fancy_links($parameters = '') {
 $display_links_previous = '';
 $display_links_next = '';
 if ($this->current_page_number > 1) $display_link_previous = '<a href="' . tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), $parameters . $this->page_name . '=' . ($this->current_page_number - 1), $request_type) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_previous.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_PREVIOUS) . '</a> ';
 if (($this->current_page_number < $this->number_of_pages) && ($this->number_of_pages != 1)) $display_link_next = '<a href="' . tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), $parameters . $this->page_name . '=' . ($this->current_page_number + 1), $request_type) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_next.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_NEXT) . '</a> ';

if($this->number_of_pages > 1) {
	 ?>
	 <TD class="smallText" valign="middle" ALIGN="right"><NOBR><FONT COLOR="#006699"><STRONG>View Page:</STRONG> </FONT></NOBR></TD>
	 <TD class="smallText" valign="middle" ALIGN="right"><form name="jump_to" method="get" action="<? tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), $parameters) ?>">
	 <?php
	 $pairs = explode("&", $parameters);
	 foreach($pairs as $pair) {
   list($key,$value) = explode("=", $pair);
   echo tep_draw_hidden_field(rawurldecode($key), rawurldecode($value));
	 }
	 ?>
	 <select name="page" onChange="submit();">
	 <?php
	 for ($jump_to_page = 1; ($jump_to_page <= $this->number_of_pages); $jump_to_page++) {
  	 echo '<option value='. $jump_to_page .' SELECTED>' . $jump_to_page . '</option>';
   } else {
  	 echo '<option value='. $jump_to_page . '>' . $jump_to_page . '</option>';
   }
	 }
	 ?>
	 </select></form> 
	 <?php 
	 echo $display_link_previous;
	 echo $display_link_next;
	 echo '</td>';
	 }
 }
}
?>

L8r,

PopTheTop

Published osC Contributions:

- eCheck Payment Module v3.1

- Reviews in Product Display v2.0

- Fancier Invoice & Packingslip v6.1

- Admin Notes / Customer Notes v2.2

- Customer Zip & State Validation v2.2

- Search Box with Dropdown Category Menu v1.0

Pop your camper's top today!

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

Well, hmmm...

I just woke back up and thought that I would try something.

I uploaded the 4 files from my backup:

catalog/includes/classes/split_page_results.php

catalog/includes/modules/product_listing.php

catalog/products_new.php

catalog/specials.php

And everything worked like a charm with no problems.

Then I re-uploaded the 4 files that I modified with your contribution and everything seems to work just fine now.

I have no idea what was going on last night, but some was messed up, but now seems to be ok. I do not know if it had something to do with my browser cache or what.

I would greatly appreciate it if someone could still go to my site and test it out for me and let me know something. I am leaving today to go camping and will return on Sunday. I hope it all still works when I get back!

Thanks for a great contribution!

L8r,

PopTheTop

Published osC Contributions:

- eCheck Payment Module v3.1

- Reviews in Product Display v2.0

- Fancier Invoice & Packingslip v6.1

- Admin Notes / Customer Notes v2.2

- Customer Zip & State Validation v2.2

- Search Box with Dropdown Category Menu v1.0

Pop your camper's top today!

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

Hi,

Nathan here, original author of the mod.

It's good to see someone has taken up the mod, the site it was originally written for is long since gone and I haven't been around OSC for a couple years now, I was suprised when I googled my name and found the mod was active again. I was also pleasantly surprised to see my account was still active  B)

Anyway, keep up the great work, if I ever need to get back into e-commerce, I'm sure I'll head back to OSC.

Nathan

Hey Nate, welcome back, or at least glad to see you found your mod still active. I took it up out of need for it and boredom at the same time...

Well, hmmm...

I just woke back up and thought that I would try something.

I uploaded the 4 files from my backup:

catalog/includes/classes/split_page_results.php

catalog/includes/modules/product_listing.php

catalog/products_new.php

catalog/specials.php

And everything worked like a charm with no problems.

Then I re-uploaded the 4 files that I modified with your contribution and everything seems to work just fine now.

I have no idea what was going on last night, but some was messed up, but now seems to be ok. I do not know if it had something to do with my browser cache or what.

I would greatly appreciate it if someone could still go to my site and test it out for me and let me know something. I am leaving today to go camping and will return on Sunday. I hope it all still works when I get back!

Thanks for a great contribution!

Glad to see it works Pop!

• 2 months later...

hello community,

i installed this excellent contrib (newest version, 4.1) , it works great but i have a session problem i'm not able to fix.

when i use the drop down menu for browsing within the split-pages, it kills my actual session... (when using the arrows for browsing, everything's okay).

this happens even in a new and clean oscommerce installation, so it seems not to be a problem with another contrib.

the code for the session handling is in catalog/includes/classes/split_page_results.php (in 2nd line):

<td width="20" align="right" height="20" valign="top">
<form name="jump_to" method="get" action="<? echo tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), $parameters) ?>">
<?php
foreach($pairs as $pair)
{
}

?>
<?php
for ($jump_to_page = 1; ($jump_to_page <= $this->number_of_pages); $jump_to_page++) {
echo '<option value='. $jump_to_page .' SELECTED>' . $jump_to_page . '</option>';
}
else
{
}
}
?>
</select></form>  

this code produce this in my browser:

<form name="jump_to" method="get" action="http://localhost/osctest/catalog/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=a&sort=2a&
language=en&osCsid=5dd79bfdabbfa34613ec5750a018a149">

<input type="hidden" name="keywords" value="a"><input type="hidden" name="sort" value="2a"><input type="hidden" name="language" value="en"><input type="hidden" name=""><select name="page" onChange="submit();">
<option value=1>1</option><option value=2>2</option></select></form>   
</td>

inside the form tag, action shows the correct session id but it do not give it correctly to the browser. browser adress bar shows something like:

http://localhost/osctest/catalog/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=a&sort=2a&language=en&=&page=2

without the session id...

i tried to fix it two nights. i would be very happy if someone can help me here.

thanks alot in advance,

robert w.

Edited by RobertW

• 3 weeks later...

hi hi, this is a great mod i'm having a little trouble. I've modified it slightly but that's not what is causing the problem.

similar to the post above. the combo box works fine if you haven't clicked the next or previos button. once you click one of those buttons the combo box no longer functions. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with search engine safe urls

eg.

combo box sends you here

http://localhost/catalog/advanced_search_result.php?search_in_description=1&keywords=the&sort=4a&=&page=9

previous button sends you here

http://localhost/catalog/advanced_search_result.php/search_in_description/1/keywords/the/sort/4a/page/8?osCsid=eb507e63e4b43ed032f516e68e3ff3dc

then after clicking the button the combo box tries to send you here:

http://localhost/catalog/advanced_search_result.php/search_in_description/1/keywords/the/sort/4a/page/8?search_in_description=1&keywords=the&sort=4a&=&page=9

see the problem? the buttons are changing ? and = to /

oh and I have force cookies on so unlike the above post i'm not too worried about it loosing the session id from the url

any ideas? it does the same thing on my live server and not only the advanced_search_results.php but any page that calls its.

cheers.

Edited by Malikai3k

RobertW:

In poking around fixing my problem i think i've fixed your problem

on the second line of your first code box you have:

<form name="jump_to" method="get" action="<? echo tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), $parameters) ?>">

change to

<form name="jump_to" method="get" action="<? echo tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), $parameters, $request_type, true, true)

with the last true change that to false if you are not using safe urls. I got this from the html_output.php punctions file it accepts the following

tep_href_link($page = '', $parameters = '', $connection = 'NONSSL', $add_session_id = true, $search_engine_safe = true)

let me know if it works

• 1 month later...

This mod works great, but it wasn't exactly what I was looking for. I was actually looking for a previous/next function for the product info page. It's nice to be able to flip through pages of products within a category, but I would like to be able to go from product to product in the product info page. Possible? Someone already did it?

Thanks

Jim

• 2 months later...

I have installed this contribution a few months ago, and had errors popping up all over the place. I am running Cre Loaded 6.1. errors to date have been minor, such as banners need to be enterted as full html code other wize received an error. On order confirmation the print order option was giving an error too. Today I have ultimate seo url installed and i getting an error on check out button on shopping cart.php which will not allow any order to be completed.

error:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/zenasxxxtoys/www/zenasxxxtoys.com/includes/classes/split_page_results.php:180) in /home/zenasxxxtoys/www/zenasxxxtoys.com/includes/functions/general.php on line 29

I hope some one can help real soon as I will have to deinstall this lovely little contibution.

please check out the website for the error:

http://www.zenastoys.co.uk

Many Thanks Julian

• 2 months later...

I have installed the contribution but it refuses to show the next and previous buttons. It shows the dropdown list but not the buttons. I have checked that the files are in english/images/buttons and that the name correctly matches the one referenced in the spil page file. Here is a peice of the code in

// display fancy split-page-number-links (Noel Latsha, TEAM DEVOSC)
function devosc_display_fancy_links($parameters = '')
{
$display_links_previous = '';
$display_links_next = ''; 
if ($this->current_page_number > 1) $display_link_previous = '<a href="' . tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), $parameters . $this->page_name . '=' . ($this->current_page_number - 1), $request_type) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_previous.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_PREVIOUS) . '</a>';

if (($this->current_page_number < $this->number_of_pages) && ($this->number_of_pages != 1)) $display_link_next = '<a href="' . tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), $parameters . $this->page_name . '=' . ($this->current_page_number + 1), $request_type) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_next.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_NEXT) . '</a>'; 
echo '<td width="66" align="right" height="20" valign="top">';
echo $display_link_previous . '  </td>';
if($this->number_of_pages > 1) {
?>
<form name="jump_to" method="get" action="<? tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), $parameters) ?>">
<?php
foreach($pairs as $pair)
{
}

?>
<?php
}
else
{
}
}
?>
</select></form>   
</td>
<td width="66" align="right" height="20" valign="top"> 
<?php 
}
echo $display_link_next . '</td>';
}
} 
?>

Any help

Thanks

Moneer

• 7 months later...

Hello!

I have installed this contribution today!

But i have got one problem with it!

I have MOD-Rewrite installed and that makes some problems I think!

The buttons work perfect, but my drop-down works only once.

If try to change the page with the drop-down it links me to the same site.

Here is my products_listing code:

?>
<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
 <tr>
<td class="smallText" width="65%"><?php echo $listing_split->display_count('<h4 class="listingo">Werbegeschenke</h4> in ' .'<h4 class="listingo">'. $meta_main_category_name. ' » ' . $meta_sub_category . '</h4>: ' .'<br>'.TEXT_DISPLAY_NUMBER_OF_PRODUCTS); ?></td>
<td class="smallText" valign="middle" width="35%" align="right"><br>
<table width="100%">
<tr>
<?php echo $listing_split->devosc_display_fancy_links(tep_get_all_get_params(array('page', 'info', 'x', 'y', 'rewrite', 'pageurl'))); ?>

</tr></table>
</td>

</tr>
</table>
<?php

Please help me!!

Sorry for my bad english!

• 5 months later...
  • 3 years later...

hello community,i installed this excellent contrib (newest version, 4.1) , it works great but i have a session problem i'm not able to fix.when i use the drop down menu for browsing within the split-pages, it kills my actual session...

I seem to have found the session issue as described above.

(Hacked a piece of code from another cart application .. [starts with Z and ends with N])

In split_page_results.php of this contribution find this code at about line 144 :

<?php
foreach($pairs as $pair)
{
}
?>

and change to

<?php
         while (list(, $pair) = each($pairs)) {
           list($key,$value) = explode('=', $pair);
           $display_links .= tep_draw_hidden_field(rawurldecode($key), rawurldecode($value));
         }
       if (SID) $display_links .= tep_draw_hidden_field(tep_session_name(), tep_session_id());
       echo $display_links;
?>

This fixes the session issue with the drop down and works properly but there is a small issue that I don't know how to fix. (I am very very new to PHP code)

The url should display

specials.php?page=2&osCsid=nkigfg6fml7c1tctpe0cgv79k5

but displays

specials.php?=&osCsid=nkigfg6fml7c1tctpe0cgv79k5&page=2

instead.

You will notice the session ID displays before the "page=2" and not after as it should appear. Can someone assist in this ?

Much appreciated in advance. :thumbsup:

Edited by AndreN