• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

56k speed check please!!

I'd be well chuffed if anyone on a 56k modem could check out my new osc site here

The bloke I built it for says it's pig-slow. I'm currently on 56k myself and it doesn't seem that bad - not the fastest site I've ever built, but OK...

any other comments also welcome...

56K from Canada here, and it loaded quite quickly for me. The content came up right away, as did the category links, and the categories I checked also loaded fairly fast.

HTH,

Terry

Terry Kluytmans

Contribs Installed: Purchase Without Account (PWA); Big Images, Product Availability, Description in Product Listing, Graphical Infobox, Header Tags Controller, Login Box, Option Type Feature, plus many layout changes & other mods of my own, like:

Add order total to checkout_shipment

Add order total to checkout_payment

Add radio buttons at checkout_shipping (for backorder options, etc.)

Duplicate Table Rate Shipping Module

Better Product Review Flow

* If at first you don't succeed, find out if there's a prize for the loser. *

Thanks Terry. It must have been something wierd going on when he checked the site I think...I spoke to him again, and he was saying that the home page took a few minutes to load...While other sites he looked at were fine. He's using ie on windows XP, by the way.

Hi Dan,

I use Windows XP too, so that doesn't appear to be the issue. Is he still having the same problem with long downloads? If so, I wonder if it has anything to do with his own ISP... that happens occasionally with mine.

Terry

Terry Kluytmans

Contribs Installed: Purchase Without Account (PWA); Big Images, Product Availability, Description in Product Listing, Graphical Infobox, Header Tags Controller, Login Box, Option Type Feature, plus many layout changes & other mods of my own, like:

Add order total to checkout_shipment

Add order total to checkout_payment

Add radio buttons at checkout_shipping (for backorder options, etc.)

Duplicate Table Rate Shipping Module

Better Product Review Flow

* If at first you don't succeed, find out if there's a prize for the loser. *

Archived