• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Paypal help

I have searched the forums but their seems to be very little response to the paypal issue.

The problem i have is that the amount is not being sent to the paypal page, also the shipping amount???

It is not a paypal issue as the url includes amount=0 and shipping=0 ??

Why is it telling paypal that it is free and would someone kindly try and answer to save many more posts and queries on this popular question.

Thanks in advance.

Hey Guys,

I use the paypal option and I know what you mean about it skipping the orders db. What I have found to be true is that it does not totally skip the orders db entirely, but if the customer doesn't click the continue button, you get the money, but no order info.

See my post here to see what I did about it.

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...10entry387367

Jason@

deeptronics.com B)

I had this problem as well, along with more problems with paypal.

The solution I found that was the cure for me was to make sure that the currencies were setup properly in the Admin - Localization - Currencies. I found I needed to have USD as well as CAD (Canadian Dollars) on our system. We are Canada based so we thought we would just have the CAD in there but no go. It appears to need the USD currency setup, does not have to be default but it wants it there.

Give it a try and see if that helps.

The other issue I have is with getting the return url to be picked up by the checkout_process.php.

I keep getting an e-mail telling me that the transaction is an unknown type..... :angry:

If anybody has any ideas I am open to suggections

I am using GBP being based in the uk, had a problem to start but seemed to have sorted that out, I am not using an SSL connection could that be the problem? The problem is the initial paypal page not displaying the amount, not the return page.

Have worked around the problem of adding amount and also adding shipping cost also, because we will only ever use paypal for this store, i have made an adjustment to the includes/modules/payment/paypal.php page.

Changing the following code on line 89 to:

tep_draw_hidden_field('amount', number_format($order->info['total'],2)) .