• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Buy_Two_Module

Hi all, :)

this is the contribution support for

BUY_TWO_MODULE.

Since a couple of days since it was first distributed in the download section, a lot of new things were integrated into the module.

I hope everyone has fun with this contribution and also more sales (as this is the intention of this idea).

Beside problems, support calls, situations I would also like to ask you for your experiences, your shop (url) were you are using it and also about your additional ideas regarding to additions for Buy_Two_Module.

Regards

Kai

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Works fine!... unless I enable the discount modul:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' products_bundle_status) values ('999','Bdl_AC01 AC02','bundle_

insert into products (products_quantity, products_model, products_image, products_price, products_date_added, products_date_available, products_weight, products_status, products_tax_class_id, manufacturers_id,, products_bundle_status) values ('999','Bdl_AC01 AC02','bundle_image.gif','44.8276', now(),'','0.6', '0','2','','', '1')

[TEP STOP]

This is the output online, trying to enable discount at my lokal shop - nothing happens - only a clean white page appears.

Any Idea or help?

Dear Kai, thank you so much.

I`ve replaced the older php files with the new ones and discount works!!!

But another error happens clicking at the "bundle" pic in the shopping cart:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

select p.products_id from products p, products_to_categories ptc where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = ptc.products_id and ptc.categories_id =

Erwin,

did you implement another contrib? I ask because this statement is not from buy_two_bundle.

I don't use ptc - instead I use the common spelling p2c. so this must be another thing.

Kai

the ptc is part of the add_on called products_previous_next.php

herein there is a select query around line 35 and you simply look for :

where p.products_status = '1'

just replace with:

where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_bundle_status='0'

leave the rest of the string as is.

All the best

Kai

Hi all

new version out now

There was a minor bug when using category images within the product info page. FIXED

NEW:

Two admin settings for maintaining the system.

One is for setting the regular cleaning mode (on/off) whereby on means all the time active and off means cleaning by scheduler

The next option is to set the system a forced clean - right after e.g. updating or when you have played around and want to drop all the "non-realistic" discount bundles...

Also: New Installation instructions

SQL Files now separated

Thanks to all who support me...

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Kai,

First let me say just how impressed I am with your contribution. It is truely amazing. The way you set it up is simply genius. Very nicely done.

I know when I first emailed you about it... I was disappointed to learn it would not work with our older snapshot.

The older versions of osc do not have the filenames:

1. catalog/includes/filenames.php So do this ->

1. Older snapshots instead use: Includes/languages/english << modify this file instead.

or:

2. catalog/includes/database_table.php So do this ->

2. Older snapshots instead use: includes/application_top.php << modify this file instead.

Also after running the complete SQL file I had to run this:

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS buy_two_bundles;

CREATE TABLE TABLE_BUY_TWO_BUNDLES (

products_id INT(11) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,

bundle_product_a INT(11) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',

bundle_product_b INT(11) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',

bundle_date_added datetime NOT NULL default '0000-00-00 00:00:00',

bundle_date_expire datetime NOT NULL default '0000-00-00 00:00:00',

bundle_delflag TINYINT(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',

bundle_active TINYINT(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT '1',

bundle_archive TINYINT(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT '1',

bundle_cart TINYINT(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',

bundle_normal_price DECIMAL(15,4) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',

bundle_price DECIMAL(15,4) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',

bundle_discount DECIMAL(5,2) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',

bundle_products_model VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',

bundle_products_name VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',

bundle_products_click_count INT(11) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',

PRIMARY KEY (products_id)

) TYPE=MyISAM;

Again this is only for the older snapshots and the only change was to the table from lowercase to uppercase as seen below:

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS buy_two_bundles;

CREATE TABLE TABLE_BUY_TWO_BUNDLES <- I changed to uppercase

I'm not sure why but the lowercase tables would not work.

Also when called apon to add code to other existing files... the place after so and so code etc. is slightly different, but similar enough so a person still knows the exact placement.

No part of your contribution has changed other then the one part of your SQL statement and the location to add code. I hope this has been helpful to others using older snapshots. It really is an excellent contribution that Kai has done.

Just a personal note :) The more you look at Kai's excellent contribution, the more it will amaze you!

I do have a quick question for you Kai... Your contribution is set up to save the NEW images in /catalog/images/tinn_images. Is it possible to save the SMALL thumbnail images (only the "item1 + item2" thumbnails) to this same directory?

This would be helpful because these two images are best set to a smaller size, thus causing problems if a person uses a thumbnail contribution (set to save, not on the fly) for their other images. Oscommerce then doesn't know what image to pull and sometimes stretches the new extra-small-thumbnail to take the place of your standard thumbnail.

If the new extra-small-thumbnail was saved to the /tinn_images folder like the new bundled images... this would then not be a problem. Can you tell me how to do this? Thanks again Kai..!

Hi Debs,

thanks for all the motivation :D

Well, regarding to your images question: I have to think of that one - sure it is possible. Maybe we have to add 2 columns to the table and change a bit of the code in buy_two_module.php.

Give me a bit of time (a couple of days at least) and I'll try to find a way.

Thanks once more...

Kai

• 1 month later...

Kai

After speaking with you this morning th eproblem seems to be as follows

If I am registered in admin then the contribution doesn't work as described before

The right hand side boxes move to the left and the order confirmation does not work

If I delete myself and carry on with my order then it work fine even though I am not a registered customer

any ideas please

mark

Regards

Mark A Reynolds

Hi Mark,

I can not really understand this situation. My problem at this point is that there is no impact from buy_two into the checkout_ files.

Buy_Two just simply adds products to the cart. Not more and also not less.

It really is driving me a bit nervous, because I do not understand where your problem comes from.

One thing you could try:

buy a bundle as a registered customer,

logoff

take the buy two module code out of the product info (just these few lines)

login in again -->> now the bundle should still remain in the cart

and run through the checkout process

--> it is just an idea, because at that time you would not have buy two running. and we could see if there is a problem with the code in the product_info

------------- beside

I had that once that boxes were gone - that was because a </td> or </tr> /can not remember) was missing in the product_info

Regards

Kai

kai

No good :-(

what does this bit mean - what do i need to change it to?

8. catalog/product_info.php

a) change at the beginning of the file the

$product_check_query

Regards

mark

Edited by crash3903

Regards

Mark A Reynolds

I have installed it and it works part from one minor thing..

The product_info.php says there is no product when I click on a bundle from checkout. I am using the template system from Loaded 6 but did what the readme told me to do with the .tpl.php file.

Still no luck..

anyone?

Kai

I have it working now - it was a secure connection problem which is now resolved - not your module

In answer to the last post check you have activated the module as a discount feature in admin config buy two module

regards

mark

Regards

Mark A Reynolds

I have also resolved the problem... now I face another.

The way it searched for products to 'bundle' seems very random. Ive got the name matching enabled but would like to narrow this down so my bundles dont seem to crazy.

One good thing would be to only select the other product from the same catagory, or parent catagory.

Possibly word matching? rather than just characters?

Any suggestions??

Hi Peter

you can set the 2nd product priority

You have 5 settings to choose from and to find the right one that fit to your needs.

Maybe you have to disable the Products Name Matching. But you should play around with it. Set to simple or to advanced and see how it works.

The advanced mode is an alpha as there is not the BIG logic behind that one.

I personally do not use this feature in my shop - I use the above way of finding the 2nd product.

Regards

Kai

ok, I looked into it again... and looked at the five priority options but they arent very clear.

Which one would select only products from the same catagory?

and also, what about the word matching? Is there something I could change in the sql statement?

Thankyou for your easlier reply, muchly appreciated.

pete

I am looking for a module which can discount items. Within the same category, I wish to offer regular retail if one item in the category is purchased and a discount if two are purchased from the same category.

Putting it simply,

A pair of boots retail for 69.99

purchase 2 pair for 109.99.

Other categories exist, but I only wish to offer this deal in the boot category. Can this be done with this module, or can it be done with the regular oscommerce system?

Thanks in advance.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I have installed this contribution (version 106b) for a client, and now the complete right hand column is not showing for _some_ products. I noticed that Mark had a similar problem, and a while back, another site had (sort of) similar problems , and we traced it down to memory problems. See here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...92003&hl=memory

After the Buy two module install, in trying to see why the complete right hand column is being appended at the bottom of the page, I compared the (generated) source code, and notice some html was missing ??

Any clues ??

Peter

@xpetex

you can set buy_two to just take from one specific category, yes - play around and if there are some demand for more features, let me know

@swanzey

you can use buy_two_ module for your purposes

@peterr

i had that 2-3 times from other community memebers: they have just placed the code in the product_info at the wrong plae - the result in the code was->>> missind </td> and or </tr>

This is not a memory problem.

>>> but you should use the version 1.7 <<<<

Regards

Kai

p.s. and if there are some troubles remaining, please post your url the next time. makes it easier to follow up.

Hi Kai,

i had that 2-3 times from other community memebers: they have just placed the code in the product_info at the wrong plae - the result in the code was->>> missind </td> and or </tr>

This is not a memory problem.

I have checked product_info twice now, and the code has been inserted, as per the instructions.

That doesn't mean I may have still placed it in the wrong place though. :D

When I examined the problem it seemed to be an additional <tr><td> , placed, from memory by the new buy two php file from the modules path. Just near the JS code were some additional <tr><td>, and that seemed to be doing it. Which is of course similar to what you have said, unless the cell and row have html tags to close off the cell and row, the next bit of code becomes a "row within a row".

But why would it happen on one product and not the other ??? That is why I thought it _may_ be memory, because I have had html code missing before, due to memory problems. It was a PHP version bug though.

but you should use the version 1.7

Tried that at the very beginning, we got a 'table not found error message', and so decided to use the previous version.

p.s. and if there are some troubles remaining, please post your url the next time. makes it easier to follow up.

Yep, sorry, the product that displays okay is:

http://www.candlesofeden.com/test/product_.../products_id/22

and the one that doesn't is:

http://www.candlesofeden.com/test/product_.../products_id/27

Work that out, eh, ..... I'm nearly bald already from pulling my hair out. :D

Thanks,

Peter