• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Buy_Two_Module

Hi,

I really like the idea of setting up two linked products and sell them as a bundle.

I installed the xsell module as mentioned before and thougt that the buy two module would only look in this specified data string, but this seems not the case.

How do I fix the buy two module that he only shows bundles created from the xsell module, and that he stops to make the on the fly bundles they are not of any of our interest.

===

Maybe a new option, the xsell box show mixed we aslo recommend bla bla, and the buy two box show's only the by you pre defined items (bundles)

===

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Kai,

Well, the products (bundles) are inserted into the table when the visitor adds the product (bundle) to the cart.

What are your reasons/logic behind adding a product when a visitor adds the bundle to the cart ?

Please understand, I think this contribution is excellant, is suits our needs about 90%, and I'm sure once the bugs are fixed (sometimes functionality that is not necessary is considered a bug, not a feature), this will improve the contribution.

Thanks,

Peter

Hi

well the idea is to have as less additional functionality as possible. Means: when you add a bundle to the cart the bundle is treated from that point on as a NORMAL product, because it IS a normal product. (only if setting is on discount)

If you are using discount e.g. 5% then you have a special price. this special price is already treated correctly. Why should another code we implemented for the same result?

Also if you decide to buy 2 of these bundles. You only have to go to the cart and update. The good thing for us: we do not need to change osc code nor do we have to have additional code.

If you have an idea then please feel free to communicate your concept.

Kai

Hi,

In the new 1.09b package you will find a SQL statement to clean the customer_basket table and delete the 0-customers.

I haven't looked at version 1.09b as yet, but if people are deleting many rows from the customers_basket table, then they _should_ really optimise the database. Because of the problem with the buy two, causing some serious 'database bloat', the table became corrupt, there was too much overhead, in fact well over 2Mb in overhead.

In admin, there were error messages on the customers_basket table, when trying to delete a customer, and in "retail/store", customers were complaining that they could not login. This was all tracked down to the customers_basket table becoming either corrupt, or in serious need of optimisation. All problems were sourced from the buy_two_module contribution.

In summary, if you delete a LOT of rows, then an optimisation (or possibly a repair) is essential.

Peter

Hi, very great contrib, but I've 1 question.

I've recently adapted the no stock no checkout contrib, and I ask to you if it is possible to implement this:

If product A or B is not avviable, can the buy two module choose an other product in place of those?

Tnx a lot, jo.

Hi

normally buy_two should not select an unavailable product b to bundle with. MEans if a product is set to out of stock then it won't be choosen.

I do not know the mentioned contrib - therefore I can't tell if this is supported or not.

Kai

Ok, only for the product b?

And if the product a is out of stock?

I have noticed that if I go in the product_info of an out of stock product, the buy_two proposes to me for the 1 product this product (and it's out of stock)

I have already arranged the buttons for contrib no the stock no checkout and works great, but I've this little but it does not depend on this last one contrib.

If the 1 product is out of stock, in my case, the module don't select any other product for the 1.

any idea?

tnx, jo.

Hi

how do you identify an out-of-stock product? Do you do it cause of the quantity? Or do you have another identifier?

I can remember that I did not assume something in that direction, cause there are in fact different solutions out. So I left this point open right now...

It is in fact easy to implemtent - I have already prepared a custome variable to extend custom statements, but you have to know what and how to identify. Then I can help you also in that way. Like I said: it is easy...

Kai

Hi

how do you identify an out-of-stock product? Do you do it cause of the quantity? Or do you have another identifier?

I identify the out-of-stock with the quantity query, for example, in the listing product I identify the out-of-stock with this

if ($listing['products_quantity']<=0) {

I can remember that I did not assume something in that direction, cause there are in fact different solutions out. So I left this point open right now...

It is in fact easy to implemtent - I have already prepared a custome variable to extend custom statements, but you have to know what and how to identify. Then I can help you also in that way. Like I said: it is easy...

Kai

Ok, thanks for yuor help, I search also an easy solution, ex.

Product A (select it between the products that are available and to leave out those not available)

The product B is already select with the avvailable product, right?

tnx, jo.

Okidok

go to your product_info and search for:

if (BUY_TWO_YES_NO == 'yes') {

and exchange with this

if ((BUY_TWO_YES_NO == 'yes') && ($product_info['products_quantity'] > 0)) {

Then open the buy_two_module.php in catalog/includes/modules

Go to line 59

and find:

// CUSTOM EXTENSIONS !!! If you need fill out - if not do ''

$bundle_custom_extensions = ''; // this is the value

exhange with:

$bundle_custom_extensions = 'and p.products_quantity>0'; // this is the value

Thats all, I believe...

Kai

Ok, I've tried, but (they are explained me to badly, excuse me, is guilt of my ugly English :D )

with this

if ((BUY_TWO_YES_NO == 'yes') && ($product_info['products_quantity'] > 0)) {

if the product quantity is 0 the buy_two module don't display any bundle....

I' don't add this :P

I've also chaged this

$bundle_custom_extensions = 'and p.products_quantity>0'; // this is the value

but I've add a blank space at the end quantity>0 '; why in some case I've a sql error....

In the product are out-of-stock, I want to see the buy_two module, and this is ok, I've left the correct code in the product_info, but I want that the first product chosen for the bundle is in stock.

For ex.

If speed is out-of-stock and I select this product, in product info, I see the buy_two module and the 1 product is speed.....no, the 1 product must be chosen only from the available product.....

Sorry againg for my English, tnx, jo.

Edited by phobos

Ah, now I understand...

You look at Product AAAA

AAA= out of stock

so you want Bundle

BBB + CCC --->> right?

This won't work! Because the first product is always the product you mainly looking at.

Kai

Exact, if the product that I am looking is not available, then a product is chosen by those available.

However, always from available products both AAA and BBB

Cannot be done in any way? :(

Otherwise I apply the first solution and patience...

tnx a lot, jo.

• 3 weeks later...

Initially I apologize for terrible English!

I have a problem with this wonderful contribution.

When I use normal purchase, the products are added in the customer basket .

When I use purchase with discount, the products are not added to the basket, presenting the empty basket.

Would anybody know how to tell me the one what to do to solve this problem?

Hi

check the code in the application top and compare to the installation instructions.

Also: what is your OSC version?

do you have an URL to look at?

Regards

Kai

• 2 weeks later...

I have not installed the buy_two module(yet)

Is it possible to use it as an "buy three" module?

I am going to have a three for two sale within a category, and is desperately seeking a contribution that will do this.:-)

Malawi, The Fisher King

AKA Trygve Lillefosse

Hi

well ... no

it would need heavy changes to do what you want to do. You are looking for a buy 2, get one free ?

or take product a + b and get product c for free?

Kai

Hi

well ... no

it would need heavy changes to do what you want to do. You are looking for a buy 2, get one free ?

or take product a + b and get product c for free?

Kai

the last one.

product a + b and get product c for free.

I cannot seem to find any contribution that will do this.

Malawi, The Fisher King

AKA Trygve Lillefosse

• 3 weeks later...

The contirbution has a big flaw.

It keeps on adding bundled products to the database, thereby increasing the Database Size.

The bundled product has increased my Product Id from 190 to 6868.

Even after setting the " Set the delete flag" to On.

I have set the "Set on the table cleaning mode" to On.

but still it did not correct the problem.

I had to disable it.

Edited by Farrukh

hi

which table do you mean is increasing?

did you also set the archive flag to on or to off?

what are the number of days holding the bundle?

did you already FORCED the cleaning?

what kind of bundling mode?

AND ... what is the version that you are using?

I can just tell you that it is working here like hell!

Regards

Kai

Hi,

The contirbution has a big flaw.

It keeps on adding bundled products to the database, thereby increasing the Database Size.

The bundled product has increased my Product Id from 190 to 6868.

Even after setting the " Set the delete flag" to On.

I have set the "Set on the table cleaning mode" to On.

but still it did not correct the problem.

I had to disable it.

This is a great contribution, however as you say, there are problems. I have mentioned a number of times (posts #62 and #70 for example) that "only "admin" should load new products.

You will find that of the additional rows in the products table, most will be "duplicate" bundled products also. It would be great if this bug was fixed.

Peter

I have posted the screenshot of my settings.

Bundle.jpg

The table which is being affected is "products".

product_is has increased from 197 to 6868. I only have under 200 products.

Version : $Id: buy_two_module.php, v1.07g 2004/09/28

I installed v1.09b , but the bundle was not showing up. So i changed back to 1.07g

Hi,

Version : $Id: buy_two_module.php, v1.07g  2004/09/28

I installed v1.09b , but the bundle was not showing up. So i changed back to 1.07g

Did you 'jump' straight from version 1.07g to 1.09b ??

I found it better to download all versions (say between 1.07g and 1.09b). and then do incremental upgrades. It was slower, but that way I could see exactly what was in each version, and the upgrade went smoothly.

Budles not showing, was there any bundled information at all showing ?

Peter