• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

My first oscommerce site

theman

Hi theman,

I like the store but there are just a fews things you need to look at.

1. Consider making the link buttons in the header a bit smaller and maybe integrate the 'My Account' etc into it and get rid of the navigation bar completely.

2. Get rid of all osc standard images.

3. Your dhtml menu overlaps the box it is in.

4. Remove the click to enlarge under the product image both images are the same size.

5. Create your own buttons to match the rest of your site.

6. The 'Ordering' and 'Shows' images in your header have no links attached to them.

7. Your header image looks a bit unprofessional.

8. I would install the contrib that puts your products in columns rather than just listing them.

Regards

Mark

Lifes a bitch, then you marry one, then you die!

hey mark,

I made the products go in columns and if i do say so my self it looks great..thanks for the tip...

1. Consider making the link buttons in the header a bit smaller and maybe integrate the 'My Account' etc into it and get rid of the navigation bar completely.

My client wants those to be seperate so i think i will leave it as is

2. Get rid of all osc standard images.

Will do that soon

3. Your dhtml menu overlaps the box it is in.

Do you think you can elaborate on this..i dont really understand

4. Remove the click to enlarge under the product image both images are the same size

Will fix that as well

5. Create your own buttons to match the rest of your site.

Has been on my todo list

6. The 'Ordering' and 'Shows' images in your header have no links attached to them.

My client needs to give me the content for these two pages which i have not recieved yet, that is why they have no links attached to them.

7. Your header image looks a bit unprofessional

Please elaborate as well.

8. I would install the contrib that puts your products in columns rather than just listing them.

Done!

Hi theman,

Forget what I said about your dhtml menu, it seems okay now. It must have been me! (DOH!)

As for the header the text is okay but the image to the left of 'highway1imports' is very pixelated and looks very messy.

Also where the green/white meet with the curve, the curve looks very blocky and needs smoothing out.

You might want to consider adding the view all products contrib seeing as you have quite a few sub-categories.

Also maybe add a checkout button to your shopping cart.

If I can help you with anything then just drop me an email.

Regards

Mark

Lifes a bitch, then you marry one, then you die!

Archived