• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Using Multiple Contributions

jim_d

How should a person go about using multiple contributions?

In my case, starting from a fresh installation of osC, I used the Echo Payment contribution with good results. Then, I tried using the Download Controller contribution, which overwrote some of the Echo files. Therefore, my Echo Payment module quit working properly. I reverted back so that the Echo Payment module works again.

So, I figure that in order to use any new contribution that uses a files that has already been modified, I would have to go through line by line to figure which lines to use, etc. A person would have to be pretty good programmer to do that without creating more problems than solving.

How are you supposed to do it?

The only way to do it is, as you say, to compare the files - I use a tool known as Beyond Compare - this shows the files side by side with the differences highlighted - there can still be issues using this method.... trial and error never hurt anyone :)

Matti