• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Where did the order go?

NaturallyJade

I just started having this problem about 5 days ago. I am having a problem with actual orders being shown in the admin panel. I can see the number of orders received but when I click on the pending orders those placed after last week do not appear. If I click on the person who made the order it gives me a blank page. I have not changed anything and I have no idea how to fix it any ideas what could be the problem?

The orders placed before a week ago are fine. I can click on the person and their order appears.

Anyone have any ideas what could cause this? I just received another order same issue. It shows as a 'pending' order in the admin panel but when I customer who made the order it says they have 0 orders. That is incorrect since I received the payment notification.

I have limited experience with php.

I'm running into the same problem. Looked in the databese and the following is true.

Using phpmyadmin can you see the orders in the database??

And if so are the 'sold to', 'ship to' and 'bill to' fields the same?

What's the next step?

Confused worm farmer looking for assistance.

Same thing here...I just got my site running and my very first order (from a real customer, not my test) and the order does not show up in the admin panel...a quick check of the database and I do see the order in the ORDERS table and order data in the other associated tables.

There was a "fix" posted elsewhere (though a quick forum search) but that didn't work for me...twas something to do with a LEFT JOIN...supposedly.

Any help would be freaking awesome!!!

Same thing here...I just got my site running and my very first order (from a real customer, not my test) and the order does not show up in the admin panel...a quick check of the database and I do see the order in the ORDERS table and order data in the other associated tables.

There was a "fix" posted elsewhere (though a quick forum search) but that didn't work for me...twas something to do with a LEFT JOIN...supposedly.

Any help would be freaking awesome!!!

I tried that and it fixed two but the rest I still can't see, very odd.

Using phpmyadmin can you see the orders in the database??

And if so are the 'sold to', 'ship to' and 'bill to' fields the same?

They are all there except two. The two that are not showing are Paypal orders, one is from USA and the other is from France.

I'm not using paypal only credit card option. I'm thinking that I might have a corrupted file, but not sure which one to look at. I know that I had several in the /languages/english/ directory that I had to replace.

Confused worm farmer looking for assistance.

With PayPal orders, make sure that you have Auto Return turned on in your PayPal account.

Another workaround is in chfields post at http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=60540

Another solution is to install one of the PayPal IPN contributions.

Hth,

Matt

Thanks I used that a few days ago and I was able to retrieve one Paypal order and one merchant account CC order. Do you have any idea why the orders show up blank in the admin panel? I have been searching the topics for a few days and can't seem to find the solution to this problem.

Hmmm...well I found the whole thing about PayPal and customers not returning to the site and all but that does not fix the immediate problem of the actual order (that *IS* in the database) not being seen in the Admin Panel...you know Customers -> Orders.

I have submitted a test order (or two) and none of the orders shows up when I navigate to that page. Again, the order process is completing successfully and the orders are in the database and I am even getting the email from OSCommerce that tells me an order was placed, and I can even see what products customers have purchased BUT none of the orders show up for me to manage (in the Admin panel).

I read somewhere something about "ot.orders" in the ORDERS.PHP file (similar to another fix that says you need to move the statement in the query - which didn't work)...the person referenced "removing that crap..." but I cannot find exactly what was done.

Just in case you ask...I have added PayPal IPN, Purchase w/o Account, Separate Pricing per Customer, Quickbook IIF Creator and maybe one or two more. Tonight I will start to sort through all of these and see where changes were made to the Admin ORDERS.PHP file(s). I have to assume that the standard MS2.2 does not do this so it would be something in one of the contributions that I added that is causing this problem.

Of course if someone knows of a fix for this I would be happy to run home and just try the fix. :)

Also, if I am abel to find a fix for this I will post it here...I am pretty sure it is just something in a query that is causing zero results to be returned.

OK, so I really fell like an idiot now...the solution to everyones problem (I hope).

Orders were processing fine, I was even able to go directly into any order by going to Admin -> Customers -> Orders and in the Order ID: text box (upper right hand corner of the window) I could put in a valid order number and jump to it.

Well, I noticed that I could not set the Order Status once looking at the order and could not remember where these were setup at (Order Stauses)...it seems as if there is not a default Order Status. So, I get home and am looking at PayPal IPN contrib's and read something about the Order Status (and thankfully I was pointed to their configuration location: Admin -> Localization -> Order Status).

There were none set so I set a few (Processing, Processed, Shipped, etc.) and then I was going to try to step back into one of the orders (as described above) and low-and-behold all the freaking orders were there - I was HAPPY (to say the least)!!! :)

It seems so obvious now but when wrapped up with setting up the site I wanted to make sure all the contribs were working and all the invetory was getting in properly (still loving Easy Populate!) and everything that I tested worked, so...

So, if you are having problems with seeing orders in the Admin -> Customers -> Orders page and are 100% sure that OSCommerce has processed the orders check to make sure you have set some Order Statuses and then check again...you'll probably see the orders (and will be happy like me).

One note, to test this I had to dump (empty) the ORDER_STATUS table in the database...OSCommerce does not let you delete your Default Order Status (which automatically be the first one you create...but you can change it later)...smart but should come pre-populated with one if this sorta thing can happen to doofus's like me. :)

There were none set so I set a few (Processing, Processed, Shipped, etc.) and then I was going to try to step back into one of the orders (as described above) and low-and-behold all the freaking orders were there - I was HAPPY (to say the least)!!! :)

It seems so obvious now but when wrapped up with setting up the site I wanted to make sure all the contribs were working and all the invetory was getting in properly (still loving Easy Populate!) and everything that I tested worked, so...

So, if you are having problems with seeing orders in the Admin -> Customers -> Orders page and are 100% sure that OSCommerce has processed the orders check to make sure you have set some Order Statuses and then check again...you'll probably see the orders (and will be happy like me).

One note, to test this I had to dump (empty) the ORDER_STATUS table in the database...OSCommerce does not let you delete your Default Order Status (which automatically be the first one you create...but you can change it later)...smart but should come pre-populated with one if this sorta thing can happen to doofus's like me. :)

Do you mean there were none created? Mine have been created but I still have the problem. I found out a few days ago I could enter an order number and the order would show up.

What IPN contribution are you referring to?

Glad your problem was fixed.

I hope I get mine resolved soon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thank you for the reply. However I am not finding anywhere to make the adjustment that you are speaking of. Nothing that allows me to adjust the any addresses to "default" and I am not sure which address I would do that to if I could find it.

I am sorry. I am totally new to this and don't understand all of it.

Same problem here, the funny thing is that i only had it with one osCommerce i installed. The other 5 sites don't have it.

With me the following happened:

You get an e-mail about the order. you log in and click on the order. i edited the order and proced it. when i click on "update" it seems the website gets stuck. And when i finaly (after 5 min) reload the page because the browser crashed. After refreshing the ORDER and the CUSTOMER are gone. nothing works to get them back. not even looking in the dbase.

anyone the same problem ?