• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Popluate Error

damo2576

Hi

I get error 500: internal server error whenever I have tried uploading an EP file.

I've tried everything I can think of, checked permissions on catalog\temp = 777 and even deleted all my products except 2, done complete export and then re-import and still get same error.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Damo

ps. how does ep handle things if records are already in db? maybe that is the problem? i'll try deleting everything perhaps.

your server access/error logs will have to be accessed from info provided by your host. this is not an easy populate error. it could be a bad easy populate file you are trying to upload though, if it is full of errors.

when you do have a question on easy populate, it would do you better to go one step further and find the easy populate thread here in the contribution support area and post at the end of the thread. makes it much easier for others who use EP to help you as well as others who may experience the same problem as you, by reading any and all posts related to EP in that particular thread.

Hmmm where is this easy populate thread you speak of. I've been searching this forum all day and have only found little threads with individual problems, not one big thread.

Can you point it out if its not too much hassle?

Thanks

Hi, sorry still can't find the thread you talk about, have searched or [contribution] easy populate and no joy.

I have however got hold of my error log:

[error] [client 82.35.80.32] File does not exist: /home/whoisnum/public_html/chemaidedirect/catalog/admi

So it looks like its going wrong somewhere with the path? I think it may be to do with what it thinks the root is as my 'top' link takes you back too far also.

Any ideas?

Interestngly when I ask it to download a file to the temp dir I get a message:

You can get your file in the Tools/Files under temp/EPEP2004Jun13-0707.txt

But I can't find that location or file anywhere on my server?

It does however download to my local pc when i choose that option.

Its doing my head in now! Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks,

Damo