• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

International shipping rates not showing up

hey,

I've recently installed and configured OSCommerce on my store, but I am having an issue with international shipping and I can't take the store live without this working correctly.

I've already registred for web tools and have successfully gotten the USPS module to work domestically as well as the UPS module as well. But whenever a foreign address is given, (canada and germany were tried, I am in the U.S.) the check out process just moves along and never asks for a shipping choice and never charges any shipping amounts.

I have seen this work properly on other OS Commerce sites, so I am wondering if I need a module tweak, or if my zones or some other configuration are incorrect.

Mike

thanks in advance

Mike,

I just now successfully got both the UPS and USPS modules to accurately calculate international rates. What error are you seeing?

Basically there is no error message, but when a customer from outside the united states places an order, there is no shipping options given at all.

May I ask specifically which versions of ups and/usps that you used? was is usps methords? 2.2? 2.7? If you got it to work i'd like to use the exact same modules and versions that you used

mmelillo,

I used UPS Choice 1.8 and USPS Methods 2.7a (latest download available in contributions). I've not tried Germany or Canada, but the UK and Netherlands addresses work fine (for USPS). Perhaps if you try a few other countries you could isolate the problem.

Good luck.

Mike H

well i have the same usps methods 2.7a installed as well as the UPS choice 1.8 that you mentioned. And i just tried the UK and the netherlands, and i get the same result.

no shipping options listed on the page, and no shipping charges are ever added

Mike,

I'm not sure what to tell you. Mine's been working fine. Perhaps you could email the author of one of the contributions directly.

• 1 year later...

Did you ever find a solution for this?

I'm having a similar problem. Domestic works fine, but neither UPS or USPS will display anything (not even an error) when I try to place an international order. So far I've tried Canada, UK and Australia.