• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Is this possible in any way?

Farnastic

Hello everyone,

This idea is driving me crazy, but I have many products, each with many colors available. It could be a nightmare to assign an attribute color for each, problably 700 attribute values.

My idea:

To create a popup with all colors available as input radio type for a particular item, so the customer choose one of them, click submit button and the value of the color selected is passed to the product info page of that product.

I have created the popup, and it works good passing the info to another file. Where I don't have any idea (and if possible) is passing the value to the product_info, either, to one of the attributes or to a new one.

I would like to hear from anyone about this, and may be it will be a contribution that I know many people will use.

thanks

far

Take a look at the Master Products contribution. It allows you to make your colors into "slave" products instead of attributes. Those products work like regular products, they can be added to the cart, subtracted from inventory, etc., but they only appear under the "Master Product". You can see an example on my website: http://roseypink.com/product_info.php?cPath=1&products_id=14

I'd rather be flying!

Tthank you bluepony

Great contribution and great website.

This contribution however is not the best for us, we have for example on product available in 20 colors, we have a minimum qty order, not just 1, some products you can mix colors, others not. Other products, for example calendars, are all the same in size and description, only changes the pictures, so I was thinking the idea to work this out of the attributes. You know attributes are a little messy in oscommerce.

I have installed option type feature, and if in any way we can pass the info from the popup to an attribute text field, for example: STYLE, we will save the customer the time to write the style number in the field.

take a look in this demo I'm working:

http://www.apadirect.com/demo/product_info...&products_id=53

Again, thanks for your help

far

Archived