• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

MerchCredit Card Processing Help

akosh

I'm not sure if I completely understanding how the whole credit card processing thing works. I know that you need a payment gateway like authorize.net to process the credit cards, and a merchant account for the money to go in to. But one of my questions is how do I access the money? Do these internet merchant accounts have relations with the banks? I assume they do and I need to give them my account details.

Also, about 90% of the sites I looked at that claim to provide internet merchant accounts look like they were either designed by a 6 year old or are using templates purchased for 99 cents. For businesses that handle thousands of dollars a day they appear extremely amateur. Somehow I don't trust them...

My other question, does anyone know of a reliable internet merchant account provider that services Canada and doesn't have outrageous set-up and per transaction fees? Thanks

• 1 month later...
My other question, does anyone know of a reliable internet merchant account provider that services Canada and doesn't have outrageous set-up and per transaction fees? Thanks

I'm wondering the same thing. If anyone has any insight about affordable merchant solutions for start-up e-Commerce sites in Canada, it'd be much appreciated. So far, PayPal appears to be the cheapest, but I really don't want to use their services if at all possible.

Hello,

I would also like to know the same things, but for the U.S.A.

The sites seem very badly designed and I wouldnt want to do business with any of them.

I would also like to know of a company that would provide the merchant/payment gateway services for reasonable fee's. I'm willing to pay a bit more, if the company is a good company, I don't just want the cheapest if I'm going to have trouble with them.

thanks,

phill

Hi,

Here is how a Merchant Account typically works.

1.) You are approved for a Merchant Account based on your credit rating, expected average ticket size and your expected monthly volume.

2.) To use the automated Authorize.net module in osCommerce you will also need an Authorize.net Account which is the Payment Gateway.

3.) When someone makes a purchase at your osc store using the Authorize.net payment method, the transaction is submitted to Authorize.net for processing and if approved, the store owner and the customer receive an email from Authorize.net confirming the transaction.

4.) Transactions submitted to Authorize.net are then passed onto the Merchant Account daily.

5.) The Merchant Account automatically deposits the money from the transaction into your checking account.

This whole process is typically completed within 2-3 business days from the purchase at your store.

If you have any further questions please visit: http://emarkmerchant.com

• 2 weeks later...