• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Free Shipping

nutman

I've seen a few posts on this topic but I'm still unclear on how I can impliment such a beast :ph34r:

I'd like to offer free shipping for orders over a certain dollar amount using UPS Ground and still have the Next Day, 2nd Day, etc. show up as options...

Can someone show me how this can be done?

B)

yeah... I still haven't found a way to do this yet. There are a couple free shipping mods out there but to the best of my knowledge not one that works this way with UPS.

I thought about using the Flat Rate and set it's value to $0.00 while renaming "Flat Rate" and "Best Way" accordingly along with some text explaining that the free shipping was for Ground only and if their total cost was over a $200. It doesn't look as professional as it would otherwise but would work I guess. Also, the last I tried, if I remember correctly, you couldn't have the flat rate set as zero so I'm not too sure this way will work either.

Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated :D

Actually, you can set the flat rate to zero, and I've done this just the way you explained. I renamed Flat Rate to "Free Shipping". But what if you want free shipping for all orders over $25, and still want UPS to show? The Flat Rate thing won't work because there is no way to tell it to show up or not. I'll let you guys know if I find an answer.

Can anyone help with this?

yeah... I tried that mod and it works, but it doesn't work with UPS with the fact that if an order is over a certain dollar amount, all other UPS methods other than ground shipping will show up...

The thing I'm trying to find out is... if there is anything out there that will offer free shipping on purchases over a certain dollar amount and still show other UPS shipping methods such us Next Day, 2nd Day Air and etc....

If there is someone out there confident about writting a script within the UPS mod to do this I would be willing to put up some money for it....

KB

Actually, you can set the flat rate to zero, and I've done this just the way you explained. I renamed Flat Rate to "Free Shipping". But what if you want free shipping for all orders over $25, and still want UPS to show? The Flat Rate thing won't work because there is no way to tell it to show up or not. I'll let you guys know if I find an answer.

Can anyone help with this?

This is true... but you can add a line of text that states free shipping is for UPS Ground only and for purchases before taxes that are over a certain dollar amount. I may work but it won't look as professional.

Archived