• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Auth.net Processing error

I get this error in testmode and production mode. Testing with real CC and the fake 411...

There has been an error processing your credit card. Please try again.

I notice that Authorize.net module asks for a "transaction key" - does this mean oscommerce still uses SIM? If so, this could be my problem, i've setup auth.net to accept AIM transactions.

Is there any way to make oscommerce display the error CODE returned by auth.net? So i can look up the REAL error in authnets tables?

My Authorize.net just stopped working tody. I havnt changed a thing so I dont really know if its related to your problem. Im using the consolidation contrib.

"Unable to contact server check your server or curl settings

Aha, I've found my problem.

I assumed OSC used AIM protocol for auth.net - dont know why i wasn't clued in so well on the fact that it DID ask for a 'transaction key'.

Setup Authnet to handle SIM, plugged the right key in, and wha-la.

I think perhaps the latest OSC uses AIM, but the older version I have is SIM.

FYI for anyone else that may be havin this problem.

What did you do to get a credit card transaction error to show up? My setup accepts and post CC orders just fine, but if a card is declined, it returns me to the payment page with no indication on the page WHY the customer was returned. However, in the URL address bar at the top, within the site's address, the credit card error message is embedded within the address.

Do I have to setup something on Authorize.net? Something with the receipt relay url?

Forduss,

I setup the links for the

That got rid of the error message but now my shopping cart no longer updates (deducts the paid for item ) and my cart claims the transaction has been processed but the transaction never goes through. So, it's still not working after authorize.net obviously changed something.

They claim it should work and I should read the forums for clues. The threads authorize.net pointed me to are of no help at all.

Sigh.

I would have went with a different payment processor if I had been the one to setup the account. When someone screams .dll in your face as the 'secure' URL to order - it doesnt seem very secure. Isn't the dll extension a dynamic link library extension for windows??? ICK! not very secure if you ask me. I think it's time to change processors. Please tell me otherwise.

I'd like to solve the problem too so we can get orders moving while we switch. Any ideas would be very helpful.

Thanks.

What did you do to get a credit card transaction error to show up? My setup accepts and post CC orders just fine, but if a card is declined, it returns me to the payment page with no indication on the page WHY the customer was returned. However, in the URL address bar at the top, within the site's address, the credit card error message is embedded within the address

Make the following changes in /catalog/includes/modules/payment/authorizenet.php:

Find following line:

$response_vars = explode(',', $response[0]);

Add following after this:

$response_reason = $response_vars[3];

Find following line:

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, 'error_message=' . urlencode(MODULE_PAYMENT_AUTHORIZENET_TEXT_ERROR_MESSAGE), 'SSL', true, false));

Replace with:

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, 'error_message=' . urlencode(MODULE_PAYMENT_AUTHORIZENET_TEXT_ERROR_MESSAGE) . ' Reason: ' .$response_reason, 'SSL', true, false));

Make a back up of your file before modifications.

edesigns and geekmom,

I am currently using the standard Authorize.net payment module that shipped with MS2. Clearly it uses SIM, which is fine for me. Like both of you, I'm experiencing problems. Authorize shows the transaction as processed, but something's getting lost in the Relay Response. I suspected it might be an MSIE problem, but I can duplicate it in Mozilla 1.6, so that's not it. I've set up some debugging code so I can examine all the EGPCS variables, so I can see that the response is coming through with an approved charge, which it is.

The standard authorizenet.php doesn't include the x_relay_response element, so I thought that might be defaulting to FALSE, which I'm pretty sure is the wrong value for SIM. So, I added it and set it to 'TRUE'. No joy.

I'm in a bit of a crunch time-wise, like most of us. Fortunately the store isn't going live until July 1st, but I have more than enough to do until then without having to fight this problem. If I cannot get the standard module working within the next hour or two, I'm going to have to look at moving to the AIM Consolidated 1.7 module (which I understand has some complexity about it, specifically, cURL issues).

Hopefully one or both of you can impart some wisdom to me.

edesigns and geekmom,

I gave up on the standard MS2 Authorize.net package. Another fellow in a different thread is working on bringing AIM Consolidated 1.7 up to MS2 standards. I'm hoping he'll post his work to the Contributions as 1.8. You might check that out.

Chris

I don't have the same issues as you have as I use an older version of OSC, not MS2.

auth.net works fine for me when i realized OSC uses SIM

good luck with getting AIM going

peace.

I am trying to get my authorizenet account to work but I do not know what to put in the transaction key field. I am getting the error message related to any card number i use. Can someone give me some insite on the fix for this. Thanks!!!

• 2 weeks later...

This was the original question asked in this thread and has gone unanswered:

What do you put in the TRANSACTION KEY field for the Authorize.net module???

Thanks.

Kevin

Kevin,

The transaction key field is in the right attributes area when you open the module from the admin section. If you're having problems finding it you might need to remove the auth.net module and the reinstall the auth.net module.

As to where the specific field is in the database you'll have to walk through code and the database.

Beckie

http://www.vampirebookclub.com

• 2 weeks later...

The Transaction Key is assigned by Authorize.net. Once you are approved as a Auth.net merchant, they will email you the key.

Actually, I found that you can login to your Auth.net account and create a key on the fly, from within the Settings Menu.

Archived