• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

CC Payments

Mandy

I did that, but thank you.

My question is really about where the money goes after the customer's credit card is processed. In other words how does my company receive the payment? How can I change that if I get a different bank account?

Thanks

Mandy

Exactly. If you want to accept credit cards, you would need a merchant account to handle the monies and a payment gateway to process the credit cards. OSC is the store/shopping cart software.

Edited by bluepony

I'd rather be flying!

Just instlled osCommerce on my site for testing purposes, I have a client that wants to be able to sell things via a site I am proposing. I hit the Credit Card area and had the same questions as above. I know my client doesn't want to manually validate/enter CC numbers all day. How do you go about doing this? Is there a plugin of sorts you can use with osCommerce? I'm totally clueless, so hold my hand please :P

Edited by sean757

Automatic CC payment processing through Worldpay or Paypal or many others...

Its easy to install and set up once you've got the Merchant Account. Worldpay has human tech support. Not sure about the others.

Citizen of US Minor Outlying Islands

Thanks for the reply. PayPal is pretty straight forward. I've never been on the seller side of PayPal, but it's pretty easy. I also checked out Worldpay. Looks like a good deal, but can you interface osCommerce with Worldpay? That would be nice since they are both a merchant and gateway. Or do they force you to build through their software? Thanks.

Worldpay ask to make a few entries on their server but apart from that its straightforward ...and there are plenty of Worldpay/OSC users to advise if anything looks wrong.

Citizen of US Minor Outlying Islands

• 1 month later...

you can process through oscommerce actually but you need a manual offline processor for the actual inputting of the numbers. when you use the default osc cc module it splits the number up into two parts (provided you have this turned on in admin) - half goes to the email of the administrator, and half gets put in the database. put them together and you have a number for processing.

always here to offer some useless advice....