• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

USPS Module ~ Test Server

MzBeanz

IN the email I got from USPS it says to use this for the test server

The address to the test server is: testing.shippingapis.com

The path to the test server is: /ShippingAPITest.dll

But when I replaced the code in usps.php file the options for shipping were no longer available.... does anyone know what the correct path to the test server is?

TIA

I had the same problem. On the test server nothing seemed to work, however, the USPS only uses it to test for proper connectivity. Once you have tried it a few times (and received the various error messages), call the USPS (number given in their email to you with your UserID & PW) and ask them to switch you to the production server. If they check your log and see that you have successully connected, they will switch you. After the switch to the production server, everything works well!!

Edited by mikeh

when I got mine set up today, the first thing they asked was if i was using a third party software program to connect - when I told her I was using OSCommerce, she told me I didnt even have to test - that OSCommerce has already done all the testing, and they just have to switch us over to the production server. everything worked immediately, once I had my zip code in under the shipping infor in admin.