• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How Did You Hear About Us - Support

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding Tim's post of July 11 2004, he has kindly provided me with the code to that will make this referral contribution compatible with PWA.

Thanks Sarah,

I've added this bit of code-and it shows correctly, but doesn't actually show the referrer in my admin section. Doesn't seem like it's adding the information to the DB...?

Maybe more code needs to be added-is it working for you? Did you make additional changes?

Quidquid latine dictum sit, profundum viditur.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I have been using this feature for a few months now and it?s great! However; can anyone point me in the right direction to get the source to show up on the orders page?

When we print the order we have to go back into the customer details and write it into the order we have printed.

Cheers,

Neil

• 3 weeks later...

I am getting this error in customer:

Look for (around line 740): if (isset($cInfo) && is_object($cInfo) && ($customers['customers_id'] == $cInfo->customers_id)) { echo ' ' . "\n"; } else { echo ' ' . "\n"; } //rmh referral start $source_query = tep_db_query("select customers_info_source_id from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS_INFO . " where customers_info_id = '" . $customers['customers_id'] . "'"); $source = tep_db_fetch_array($source_query); $entry_referral = tep_get_sources_name($source['customers_info_source_id'], $customers['customers_id']); //rmh referral end

Also cannot see customer details when i click edit and cannot see custoemr details when orders are placed so I cannot process order as I do not know who the customer is:

I get this when I try to edit or delete customer:

Warning: Variable passed to reset() is not an array or object in /home/1946/cyberftp/www.cyber2000.co.uk/public_html/tytek/catalog/admin/includes/classes/object_info.php on line 17

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /home/1946/cyberftp/www.cyber2000.co.uk/public_html/tytek/catalog/admin/includes/classes/object_info.php on line 18

thanks

www.tytek.co.uk

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I am not I have this installed properly (I did not install it).

In Admin, I can see the referral source in the customer listing but if they chose "Other" I don't see the extra field. If I click on a customer and see their full details, none of the referral sources are shown.

With the Referal report, I get a list of sources with the number of times used. I seem to be able to mouse over the lines and it acts like I could click on it and perhaps drill down to see the details but if I click nothing happens.

So is my version not working properly?

thanks

does anybody know if it's possible to create a separate page in the member account, so anyone that is an affiliate / uses the ref=123 code can see their number of purchases?

works perfectly otherwise :) but it would be a major incentive for affiliates if they could see their sales in real-time.

also, is it possible to make ref=123 produce a 301 response? i think it may be bad for duplicate content penalties to have it pull a 200?

(sorry, wouldn't let me edit my post)

Hi there, I was wondering if someone could tell me if there is a way to set up the contribution so its only a text field and not the drop down with 'other' textfield.

Just

How Did You Hear About Us

***textfield***

i would like this sent to the db like all of the mentions above and i am sure i can figure it out with all of the helpful info here, but i just wanted to know about the text field first

I still really want to see this info in the order page....

JL

i would like to see this too. i have tried in vain to get it to show but thus far have been unsuccessful :(

figured it out!

to get this information to show up on the order information page, look for:

<tr>
<td class="main"><b><?php echo ENTRY_EMAIL_ADDRESS; ?></b></td>
<td class="main"><?php echo '<a href="mailto:' . $order->customer['email_address'] . '">' . $order->customer['email_address'] . '</a>'; ?></td>
</tr>

add below:

<tr>
<td class="main"><b>Entered Referral:</b></td>
<td class="main"><?php
  $source_query = tep_db_query("select customers_info_source_id  from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS_INFO . " where customers_info_id = '" . $customers['customers_id'] . "'");
  $source = tep_db_fetch_array($source_query);

$entry_referral = tep_get_sources_name($source['customers_info_source_id'], $customers['customers_id']);
?><?php echo $entry_referral; //rmh referral ?>
</td>
</tr>

figured it out!

to get this information to show up on the order information page, look for:

<tr>
<td class="main"><b><?php echo ENTRY_EMAIL_ADDRESS; ?></b></td>
<td class="main"><?php echo '<a href="mailto:' . $order->customer['email_address'] . '">' . $order->customer['email_address'] . '</a>'; ?></td>
</tr>

add below:

<tr>
<td class="main"><b>Entered Referral:</b></td>
<td class="main"><?php
  $source_query = tep_db_query("select customers_info_source_id  from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS_INFO . " where customers_info_id = '" . $customers['customers_id'] . "'");
  $source = tep_db_fetch_array($source_query);

$entry_referral = tep_get_sources_name($source['customers_info_source_id'], $customers['customers_id']);
?><?php echo $entry_referral; //rmh referral ?>
</td>
</tr>

After I enter the above code, it shows --none-- for all customers.

Regards,

i just came back to post that, i tested using a customer that had --none-- show up on customers.php :lol:

all i did was pull the edits from customers.php and put them into orders.php, i don't see what i'm missing

maybe somebody more knowledgable can build upon the idea (hopefully)!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I've just installed this great contribution and all seems to be fine except one thing. If I try to use the affiliates facility by opening http://domain/index.php?ref=7, when I go to create an account it selects 'Other' and adds the 7 to the text box, instead of selecting the referrer whose id is 7.

Any ideas what I have done wrong?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I have a heavily modded shop.

I have this contrib running smoothly, though I was a little unsure where to place the application_top code

//rmh referral start

// set the referral id

if (!tep_session_is_registered('referral_id') || isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['ref'])) {

if (!tep_session_is_registered('referral_id') && !tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) {

tep_session_register('referral_id');

}

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['ref']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_GET_VARS['ref'])) {

$referral_id = $HTTP_GET_VARS['ref'];

} else {

$referral_id = '';

}

}

//rmh referral end

As the install file doesn't match up.. My first shot broke my wholes prices.. my second attmept at placement seems to be working now, but I am unsure if where I have placed the code, if it is really doing what it's suppose to be doing.

Here the section that I added it to and where I added it. Like I said, my shop is working, but since I am unsure what theis section of code is meant to do, I am unsure if I've broke it or if it is still doing what it should

break;
  case 'cust_order' :	 if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id') && isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['pid'])) {
							if (tep_has_product_attributes($HTTP_GET_VARS['pid'])) {
							  tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['pid']));
							} else {
							  $cart->add_cart($HTTP_GET_VARS['pid'], $cart->get_quantity($HTTP_GET_VARS['pid'])+1);
							}
						  }
						  tep_redirect(tep_href_link($goto, tep_get_all_get_params($parameters)));
						  break;
} // end switch
// BOF Separate Pricing Per Customer v4.1, Hide products from groups mod
}  

///// Originally placed the rmh Referral here but it broke wholesale I then moved it down

else { // $hide_product is true
		tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT));
}
// EOF Separate Pricing Per Customer v4.1, Hide products from groups mod
 } // if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['action']))
//rmh referral start
// set the referral id
 if (!tep_session_is_registered('referral_id') || isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['ref'])) {
if (!tep_session_is_registered('referral_id') && !tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) {
  tep_session_register('referral_id');
}

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['ref']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_GET_VARS['ref'])) {
  $referral_id = $HTTP_GET_VARS['ref'];
} else {
  $referral_id = '';
}
 }
//rmh referral end

// include the who's online functions
 require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'whos_online.php');
 tep_update_whos_online();

// include the password crypto functions
 require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'password_funcs.php');

// include validation functions (right now only email address)

Does it look ok?

My Contributions

Henry Smith

Please forgive me but for the life of me I can't remember where I need to define the admin heading titles (I had done it to other heading titles in other contribs ages ago).

As when I am in administration and go to reports - referral sources I get the following show up instead of proper title names:

HEADING_TITLE

TABLE_HEADING_NUMBER

TABLE_HEADING_REFERRALS

TABLE_HEADING_VIEWED

Obviously I missed something in the files but can't find out where or what.

Sorry to be so blonde

Karen

sorry for the double post

How do you fix this

How did you fix this

You need to go into the "If on clean osC version" folder, then go into the

\catalog\admin\includes\languages\english" folder within the unzipped referral mod

and copy the "stats_referral_sources.php" file to your

catalog\admin\includes\languages\english folder.

I hope this helps as this was such a long time ago but I am pretty sure this is how I fixed this prob.

Good luck

Kaz

If at first you don't succeed, GIVE UP!!!!!!