• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How Did You Hear About Us - Support

David:

That would be fairly easy.. my only question would be "Why" ?? Do you really want the customer changing their mind about where they found out about the site after they already registered??? This script IMHO could be much better served for a "referral" program as asked about previously in this thread upon each and every checkout. Tied with an affiliate program to give commissioned sales. (That is what we do here at work.. only I don't use this -- I use my vendor distance locator contrib).

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a drawback I had not considered. My only reasoning for such a change is so customers who registered before I added this can still enter their referral source. Granted, it's only 25 customers, but I'd still like to know what advertising has worked best so far.

Hi all!

I just installed this contribution bu I've a little problem. It's running ok at the admin side. But I encounter the error msg below at my create_account.php. Can anyone help or tell me whats wrong? thanks! :D

ENTRY_SOURCE

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_get_source_list() in /home/estrella/public_html/create_account2.php on line 519

In along with Davids idea of allowing the customer to change the referral.

I would think it would be best to be able to change the referral in Admin area. I was going to try to add a drop down box so that an admin can Correct or add a referral to the customer record from there.

This would be helpful say if a referral was selected wrong when they signed up, or if you have previous customers like David that you need to now assign referrals to.

I took like this contribution and thanks to you's who worked hard on creating and modifying it.

JoeyT

Hey,

I started with the new version (1.2) just yesterday.

After the install I get on the catalog index page:

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/www/regalgift/catalog/includes/functions/general.php:1276) in /home/www/regalgift/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/www/regalgift/catalog/includes/functions/general.php:1276) in /home/www/regalgift/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/www/regalgift/catalog/includes/functions/general.php:1276) in /home/www/regalgift/catalog/includes/functions/general.php on line 29

Upon inspection of the the two lines mentioned I see no cause for concern. So then I started going back and commenting out all the mode code one page at a time and testing to see where I starts working and where the problem may be. After getting all through the cat changes and it was still buggered I hit the forum and found this thread and read it from the top.

The error I'm seeing is remarkably similar the the post in the beginning of this thread regarding some sql code error that were since corrected. But before I realized I was looking at issues related to an earlier release I tried to reinstall the corrected sql update from 6/9. Anyway I've tried all three versions of the sql and neither work and I'm all mucked up here and need help.

Thanks

I have moved on from oscommerce to magento and no longer monitoring this site.

You need to double check your integration. Sometimes a single carriage return after the php closing tag can create the errors you are submitting. I and others have installed this contribution directly on top of stock 2.2MS2 and are not experiencing these errors. Did you do the changes by hand or overwrite?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for replying Zilla

I know it works cause I can get it to work on a fresh install. My problem is that I I have a ton of mods and it would take to long to start over. To make things worse I can't seem to successfully backtrack so I am a deadman. Do you have any clues where to find the solution to these specific errors? I don't even know if it is the database or the code.

unfortunately, that error is can be tedious to track down. I would start with general.php my guess is that line 1276 is the eof. The error that you are receiving

"Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by..." is definately in the code and not the DB.

You did make a backup, yes??

If not, I'll bet you will next time!

Good luck

• 1 month later...

hi, I am getting the following error

1062 - Duplicate entry '174' for key 1

insert into customers_info (customers_info_id, customers_info_number_of_logons, customers_info_date_account_created) values ('174', '0', now())

[TEP STOP]

why is that??? some one please help... Urgent. thanks in advance

hi, I am getting the following error

why is that??? some one please help... Urgent. thanks in advance

change it to:

insert into customers_info (customers_info_id, customers_info_number_of_logons, customers_info_date_account_created) values ('', '0', now())

good luck Sabrina

Robert

We all need to learn it once, how hard it may seem when you look at it, also you will master it someday ;)

Actually, if you are getting the duplicate entry error, you need to double check your installation and make sure you don't have any other contributions that will muck with this one. Changing the code to that suggested will not create the 1-to-1 relationship needed between customers & customers_info. I.e. customer 176 would be 177 in customer_info.. which would not be good.

It has been my experience that this error comes about from another contribution that adds another "INSERT INTO TABLE_CUSTOMERS_INFO...." statement. When their code get's executed, it is the second insert statment get's run and mysql returns that primary key already exists so it won't let it continue with the duplicate Insert.

You need to read the first page of this thread and see if you can't find the offending contribution.

-Ryan

Edited by hobbzilla

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Ryan,

By the way I did eventually get this contribution to work. The error turned out to be in the cutting and pasting and not putting in a Carriage return where it ought to be. Anyway all is well. Thanks!

Steel,

You were in the midst of a upgrade that I really really want. I am in the middle of adding in your code and I get the impression that it is unfinished and you had more to do on it. Are you going to do anymore on it? Are you going to tidy it up and post it as a contribution?

Noel,

I meant Noel when I said Steel in the last post.

So I installed your contribution to this contribution and it basically works and I think it will really add value to an already essential contribution once it is all tweaked.

I have some questions and concerns for you if you would please...

(Anyone else feel free to respond - especially Ryan if you are available)

1. I don't understand what to do with this:

CODE

if ($info['customers_info_source_id'] ==4) {

Refers to my Friend / CoWorker select box. And it will not taint your "other" category, it would just be some info the customer put down when signing up.

2. When I add new souces now I get source codes starting at 10000 and I remember reading Ryan's instructions not to go over 999.

3. I want to edit the source and source other in admin/customer.php edit customer mode so that I can tidy up my database by cleaning up their entries and changing their "others" to newly created sources.

4. In the customer listing on customers.php where the referrals are listed I am only getting the info from sources_other and not from sources. Is that the way you intended it or did I muck it up?

• 3 weeks later...
Hi all!

I just installed this contribution bu I've a little problem. It's running ok at the admin side. But I encounter the error msg below at my create_account.php. Can anyone help or tell me whats wrong? thanks! :D

ENTRY_SOURCE

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_get_source_list() in /home/estrella/public_html/create_account2.php on line 519

Hi folks,

Have just installed this mod on a test site but have his error in admin/customers.php at line 749

In the Admin panel, when going to view existing customers after installing the mod (eg. Customers who haven't supplied this info yet) I get:

Call to undefined function tep_get_source_name() in ... error. I have looked through all the pages of the site and the mod for the function name and cannot find it, though the function tep_get_source_list() does exist and I have successfully created a list of sources under "Referral" in Admin.

Can someone post the code for this please, I assume it needs to go in functions.php

I meant to add that it's quite a heavily modded shop and I did the mod using Beyond Compare to add the lines to my exiting files. I have checked the original download (v1.2) as well and can't find it in there either!.

Many thanks!

Hey

I am having a wee problem with the report section in admin...

When I reg'd a test customer i selected "Other" and in the report it showed a total of '71'instead of '1'.

I then reg'd a second customer, selected "Other" and the report showed '72' instead of '2'.

Where can I reset this counter?

Cheers

Paul

Hey

I am having a wee problem with the report section in admin...

When I reg'd a test customer i selected "Other" and in the report it showed a total of '71'instead of '1'.

I then reg'd a second customer, selected "Other" and the report showed '72' instead of '2'.

Where can I reset this counter?

Cheers

Paul

Doh!!!!

I take it that it is adding up all the 'nones' for the existing customers that reg'd b4 contribution install...

How can I change this?

Cheers

Paul

• 1 month later...

I feel a bit of a fool as my question is nowhere near as complex as some of the others, but i rather foolishly downloaded and updated all the necessary php files (only been using oscommerce seriously for the last week! - NEWBIE ALERT!).

and all was going swimmingly till i got the line in the instructions that said -

'In the temporary unzipped directory you will find a .sql file. This contains the mysql configuration data for the manufacturers_info table.

Please update your database accordingly via however method you are most comfortable (phpmyadmin, etc.).'

can someone please translate this into something that makes sense :)

I downloaded phpmyadmin and have not got a clue what im doing there or how i add the sql from update.sql into my tables, can someone point me in the direction of a rather basic walkthough

thanks.

Peter,

Welcome to the osCommerce community. Everybody starts out as a newbie one time or another!

Anyway, phpmyadmin is a mysql web-based utility. Documentation for it can be found here: http://www.phpmyadmin.net/documentation/

Also, you could try a search on google for more help. Unfortunately this isn't the place for a phpmyadmin tutorial (as there are many out there).

Did you try to search Google for 'phpmyadmin tutorial' ??

can anyone help me, i want to try and add new information frield to my create account, so i can ask other relevents of my customers then standard. I want to request from them a text area box to tell me what product they are looking for. I sell caravans so it will be for a description of what they want. So it will be like the other sources box in this mod. Possibly this will just add to to customers information page in the admin as another info box.

Doh!!!!

I take it that it is adding up all the 'nones' for the existing customers that reg'd b4 contribution install...

How can I change this?

Cheers

Paul

Hopefully this is still useful to you. I have changed this line in admin/stats_referral_sources.php (about line 19)

$referrals_query_raw = "select count(ci.customers_info_source_id) as no_referrals, s.sources_name, s.sources_id from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS_INFO . " ci LEFT JOIN " . TABLE_SOURCES . " s ON s.sources_id = ci.customers_info_source_id group by s.sources_id order by ci.customers_info_source_id DESC";

to this

$referrals_query_raw = "select count(ci.customers_info_source_id) as no_referrals, s.sources_name, s.sources_id from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS_INFO . " ci LEFT JOIN " . TABLE_SOURCES . " s ON s.sources_id = ci.customers_info_source_id where ci.customers_info_source_id != '0' group by s.sources_id order by ci.customers_info_source_id DESC";

this will prevent anyone with the default of 0 being displayed in the count. ie if you installed the contrib and already have 70 customers, it will ignore the customers with blank referral values.