• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How Did You Hear About Us - Support

-Reports:

referral_sources -> stats_referral_sources.php (opend a "The webpage cannot be found" page)

-Customers:

referrals -> referrals.php (opend a "The webpage cannot be found" page)

The 'stats_referral_sources' script isnt in the list of files to upload if you've modded the standard OSC package, so I just uploaded from the files that you use if you've a clean install. This should solve it.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

also, forgot to add, i still cant find a way to add this contribution to the page where customers purchase without account. anyone have any idea how to do this?

Also what I'm after (see above post).

Additional to this, how about getting the 'referral' on the admin/order page so we can see where people find us from each time they order?

ok ive managed to install it now, everything working fine, except the fact in the customer admin screen, where it says "referred by" it just says --none--

anyone else had this problem?

I've got this as well .. but it's not a problem, it's purely because these were orders placed before you added the contribution, therefore there is no record of where they came from.

Hello, I have installed How Did You Hear About Us 1.6 into a fairly heavily modified shop that also has Purchase Without Account installed... If I choose to checkout without creating an account, I don't get the dropdown field, however, if I continue to the next page, I get an error stating I need to fill in this field (which doesn't show).

I use 1.5 on a heavily modded OSC with purchase without account too, but it works fine ... what is the difference between 1.6 and 1.6, do you know?

D.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys really want to get this installed i have a modified install so do i copy the new files over

catalog\admin\referrals.php

catalog\admin\stats_referral_sources.php

catalog\admin\includes\languages\english\referrals.php

catalog\admin\includes\languages\english\stats_referral_sources.php

and then input the mysql manually or do i use the file?

after that do i just follow instruction from this part till i get to the end? the reason i ask is some other contribution like this needs the user to manually check files and cut "referals" and paste onto shop files. I hope i'm making sense

help is appreicated

------------------###############---------------------

In catalog\create_account.php

Look for: (around line 54)

$password = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['password']);

$confirmation = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['confirmation']);

Add below:

//rmh referral start

$source = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['source']);

if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['source_other'])) $source_other = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['source_other']);

//rmh referral end........................................................

Hi just installed this and i'm getting HTTP 500 internal error please HELP!

Thank god got it working was really worried. i missed one of the space and missed out a /

all working so far. GREAT MODULE! thanks

Just wondering how do i modify these fields if i need to?

Edited by none_uk

• 3 months later...

Hello,

Hoping someone might be willing to help me. I need to create more customized reporting for this contribution.

I need to know how many customers signed up under each of the "referral" options during a specific time period (currently it just shows the entire database and has no filters).

I need to know how many of those new customers ordered and the total $ amount of those orders as well as how many customers placed a repeat order and the total $ of those orders.

So something like:

Date From Dropdown Date To Dropdown Submit Button

Table columns of:

Referral Source Name | # New Customers | # Orders from those new customers | Total of those Orders $ | # Orders Repeat Customers | Total of those Orders

Anyone already do this, or have this info incorporated into another report contribution? Anyone know how to do this?

I've got the Referral Source Name field added into the Salestracker Contribution - but I have to manually count the number of orders for each Source Name and total them - and I don't know if it was a first-time customer or a repeat customer.

The one thing I've not been able to get functioning on the Salestracker report is getting the source_other_name when the sources_name is other. So I end up looking up the customer and seeing what they filled in and just writing it onto the printed report - which will be quite time consuming as the # of sales per day increase.

Anyway - if anyone has done this already, or is willing to help me figure out how to do it, it would be greatly appreciated! :blush:

~Tracy

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I am using How Did You Hear About Us v1.5 since a while and all is working fine, excepted the option "Display Referral options if "ref=###" is set".

Ideally, I would love that, if ref=### is set, that the field "How did you hear about us:" doesn't appear, so it would allow me to precisely track the effectiveness of certain links placed at strategic places (e.g. the links which are in my Google Base feeds), and would make 1 field less for the customer to fill.

But if I set this option "Display Referral options if "ref=###" is set" to "false" in the Configuration page, then the field "How did you hear about us:" doesn't appear anymore for _any_ customers - while it should stop appearing only for the customers whom have the ref=### set.

I tracked down the cause of the problem to the file create_account.php, around line 530 of my file:

<!-- // How did you hear about us - rmh referral start -->
<?php
 if ((tep_not_null(tep_get_sources()) || DISPLAY_REFERRAL_OTHER == 'true') && (!tep_session_is_registered('referral_id') || (tep_session_is_registered('referral_id') && DISPLAY_REFERRAL_SOURCE == 'true')) ) {
?>
  <tr>
	<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
	<td class="main"><b><?php echo CATEGORY_SOURCE; ?></b></td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
	<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="2" class="infoBox">
	  <tr class="infoBoxContents">
		<td><table border="0" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="2">
		  <tr>
			<td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_SOURCE; ?></td>
			<td class="main"><?php echo tep_get_source_list('source', (DISPLAY_REFERRAL_OTHER == 'true' || (tep_session_is_registered('referral_id') && tep_not_null($referral_id)) ? true : false), (tep_session_is_registered('referral_id') && tep_not_null($referral_id)) ? '9999' : '') . ' ' . (tep_not_null(ENTRY_SOURCE_TEXT) ? '<span class="inputRequirement">' . ENTRY_SOURCE_TEXT . '</span>': ''); ?></td>
		  </tr>
<?php
if (DISPLAY_REFERRAL_OTHER == 'true' || (tep_session_is_registered('referral_id') && tep_not_null($referral_id))) {
?>
		  <tr>
			<td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_SOURCE_OTHER; ?></td>
			<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_input_field('source_other', (tep_not_null($referral_id) ? $referral_id : '')) . ' ' . (tep_not_null(ENTRY_SOURCE_OTHER_TEXT) ? '<span class="inputRequirement">' . ENTRY_SOURCE_OTHER_TEXT . '</span>': ''); ?></td>
		  </tr>
<?php
}
?>
		</table></td>
	  </tr>
	</table></td>
  </tr>
<?php
 } else if (DISPLAY_REFERRAL_SOURCE == 'false') {
  echo tep_draw_hidden_field('source', ((tep_session_is_registered('referral_id') && tep_not_null($referral_id)) ? '9999' : '')) . tep_draw_hidden_field('source_other', (tep_not_null($referral_id) ? $referral_id : ''));
 }
?>
<!-- // How did you hear about us - rmh referral end -->

It seems that the different conditions "if" and "else if" are not working properly to display the field "How did you hear about us:" if DISPLAY_REFERRAL_SOURCE is true and ref=### is not set.

Anybody would have an idea to re-write these "if" and "else if"?

-Ben

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I'm trying to update my oscommerce 2.2 MS2 (060817) to the osc RC1. My PHP Version is 4.4.6. There is a compatibility issue between the "How did you hear about us" mod and the RC1 release. When I apply the changes for "register_globals Compatibility for PHP 4.3+ Servers" to catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php, the "How did you hear about us" drop-down menu does not appear on the create_account.php page. However, when I try to hit Continue, the error message is displayed notifying that the Source field is required, but there is no field. It works only if I set Require Referral in Admin -->Configuration to false. Does anybody have this mod working with RC1 release? Is there any fix to make this mod compatible with the RC1 or RC2?

Thanks.

• 2 months later...

i have this contribution installed (v1.5.1), working great. Although some of the "other" field doesnt seem to correctly tally the amount of referrals, but still does its job for now. My main concern is that the store I am working with is available in several languages and would like to have the drop down displayed in its proper language.

I have the German and Spanish language support installed. It works great, but I will need to ones for French and Italian as well.

Anyone have an idea how this can be modified with this current version? modifying the individual languages and customer files? adding other tables for each language?

any insight where i can start would be great. Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Hello, I have installed How Did You Hear About Us 1.6 into a fairly heavily modified shop that also has Purchase Without Account installed... If I choose to checkout without creating an account, I don't get the dropdown field, however, if I continue to the next page, I get an error stating I need to fill in this field (which doesn't show).

I've looked through this forum for a workaround, but the only information I found was very old and no longer applicable as the file mentioned is no longer included in the base installation.

Has anybody gotten this to work with Purchase Without Account, and/or was there an alternative contribution that resolved this issue?

Many thanks,

Janet

I've got PWA installed on a shop, and put this module in pretty easily...everything seems to be working well so far.

All I did was put this block in create_account.php:

<!-- //rmh referral start -->
<?php
 if ((tep_not_null(tep_get_sources()) || DISPLAY_REFERRAL_OTHER == 'true') && (!tep_session_is_registered('referral_id') || (tep_session_is_registered('referral_id') && DISPLAY_REFERRAL_SOURCE == 'true')) ) {
?>
     <tr>
       <td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td class="main"><b><?php echo CATEGORY_SOURCE; ?></b></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="2" class="infoBox">
         <tr class="infoBoxContents">
           <td><table border="0" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="2">
             <tr>
               <td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_SOURCE; ?></td>
               <td class="main"><?php echo tep_get_source_list('source', (DISPLAY_REFERRAL_OTHER == 'true' || (tep_session_is_registered('referral_id') && tep_not_null($referral_id)) ? true : false), (tep_session_is_registered('referral_id') && tep_not_null($referral_id)) ? '9999' : '') . ' ' . (tep_not_null(ENTRY_SOURCE_TEXT) ? '<span class="inputRequirement">' . ENTRY_SOURCE_TEXT . '</span>': ''); ?></td>
             </tr>
<?php
   if (DISPLAY_REFERRAL_OTHER == 'true' || (tep_session_is_registered('referral_id') && tep_not_null($referral_id))) {
?>
             <tr>
               <td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_SOURCE_OTHER; ?></td>
               <td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_input_field('source_other', (tep_not_null($referral_id) ? $referral_id : '')) . ' ' . (tep_not_null(ENTRY_SOURCE_OTHER_TEXT) ? '<span class="inputRequirement">' . ENTRY_SOURCE_OTHER_TEXT . '</span>': ''); ?></td>
             </tr>
<?php
   }
?>
           </table></td>
         </tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
<?php
 } else if (DISPLAY_REFERRAL_SOURCE == 'false') {
     echo tep_draw_hidden_field('source', ((tep_session_is_registered('referral_id') && tep_not_null($referral_id)) ? '9999' : '')) . tep_draw_hidden_field('source_other', (tep_not_null($referral_id) ? $referral_id : ''));
 }
?>
<!-- //rmh referral end -->

Put it in After this:

<?php
 // PWA BOF
 }
 else
 { // Ingo PWA Ende
?>

...and just before this:

<tr>
  <td><?php echo tep_draw_hidden_field('guest', 'guest'); ?></td>
</tr>
<?php } 
// PWA EOF
?>

Installed Modules:

Dynamenu, InfoBox Admin, Master Products v.1.2, Header Tags Controller, Multiple Products Manager, Quick Edit in Admin, Secure Admin, Ultimate SEO URL's, EZ Secure Order, Easy Populate v.2.76d MS2, AuthorizeNet_AIM, ChangeFinal Breadcrumb Title, FedEx Labels, Fedex Direct 2.06, How Did you Hear 1.5, Login a la Amazon, UPS XML 1.2.4, USPS Labels, USPS Methods API MS2

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I have been reading through this support thread and I don't think anyone has had this issue.

I installed this contrib a while back and everything was working fine. I recently noticed that when I go to create a new account the referral box is not disdplaying properly. It seems to function just fine but visually it doesn't look right. Notice the extra ENTRY_SOURCE_TEXT being displayed.

problem_How_Did_You_Hear.jpg

I don't think I have made any changes to those files since the origial install. I compared most of my files to the original contrib files and can't seem to find any differences.

Would a PHP version upgrade cause a glitch? Currently the server is running:

HTTP Server: Apache

PHP Version: 5.2.6 (Zend: 2.2.0)

Thanks.

I had no issues installing the contribution, but when I went to test on the customer end the referral dropdown wasn't there. It's supposed to be on the create_account.php page, correct? Everything is fine on the admin end... Im not sure what went wrong. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I had no issues installing the contribution, but when I went to test on the customer end the referral dropdown wasn't there. It's supposed to be on the create_account.php page, correct? Everything is fine on the admin end... Im not sure what went wrong. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

I have the same problem, installed all code, double checked...tripled checked.

The drop down does not appear at all, and not much in the admin, dissapointed. I was hoping for more reporting and tracking of sources. also to have sources placed into customer info, data base etc for data tracking.

I am using this for tracking sales..

I am thinking it is a problem with my version of OS..upgraded to 2C2A... not MS2...so quite possibly I screwed up with installing on the wrong version. all seems fine otherwise...but no dropdown ! no text field, nada....

has anyone installed this wonderful contribution on the 2c2a version successfully? does anyone have any patches or? stumped and dissapointed...but kudos to this great contribution!

Edited by wendyl

• 3 weeks later...

Great Contrib.

LITTLE PROBLEM. :blink:

Admin>customers.php does not update. All customers say --none--

Any idea how to fix this? Where should I look to fix this?

Also in Reports>stats_referral_sources.php

Dropdown choices show the real number of referrals from each. However, I only have one Other field and it has 121 instead of 1. 121 people have not entered other. Only 1.

Any idea how to fix that?

I triple checked instructions and all is exactly as directions indicate.

Thanx in advance for you help. :blush:

mmmmmmmmmmmm. Doughnuts . . . haha. i said nuts.

Great Contrib.

LITTLE PROBLEM. :blink:

Admin>customers.php does not update. All customers say --none--

Any idea how to fix this? Where should I look to fix this?

Also in Reports>stats_referral_sources.php

Dropdown choices show the real number of referrals from each. However, I only have one Other field and it has 121 instead of 1. 121 people have not entered other. Only 1.

Any idea how to fix that?

I triple checked instructions and all is exactly as directions indicate.

Thanx in advance for you help. :blush:

Ok I got the --none-- fixed in the main customers.php. However, I tried to show it on the main admin index page in Admin>includes>modules>index>customers.php

I miserably failed. haha I'm not good with PHP. Here is the code I used, Hopefully someone can see my mistake and tell me what to fix??

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="4">
 <tr class="dataTableHeadingRow">
<td class="dataTableHeadingContent"><?php echo ADMIN_INDEX_CUSTOMERS_TITLE; ?></td>
<td class="dataTableHeadingContent"><?php echo ADMIN_INDEX_CUSTOMERS_DATE; ?></td>
<td class="dataTableHeadingContent"><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_REFERRED_BY; //rmh referral ?></td>
 </tr>
<?php
 $customers_query = tep_db_query("select c.customers_id, c.customers_lastname, c.customers_firstname, ci.customers_info_date_account_created from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " c, " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS_INFO . " ci where c.customers_id = ci.customers_info_id order by ci.customers_info_date_account_created desc limit 26");

//rmh referral start
  $source_query = tep_db_query("select customers_info_source_id  from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS_INFO . " where customers_info_id = '" . $customers['customers_id'] . "'");
  $source = tep_db_fetch_array($source_query);

$entry_referral = tep_get_sources_name($source['customers_info_source_id'], $customers['customers_id']);
//rmh referral end

while ($customers = tep_db_fetch_array($customers_query)) {
echo '  <tr class="dataTableRow" onmouseover="rowOverEffect(this);" onmouseout="rowOutEffect(this);">' .
	 '	<td class="dataTableContent"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CUSTOMERS, 'cID=' . (int)$customers['customers_id'] . '&action=edit') . '">' . tep_output_string_protected($customers['customers_firstname'] . ' ' . $customers['customers_lastname']) . '</td>' .
	 '	<td class="dataTableContent">' . $customers['customers_info_date_account_created'] . '</td>' .
	 '	<td class="dataTableContent">' . $entry_referral . '</td>' .
	 '  </tr>';
 }
?>
</table>

I was not able to fix the problem in Reports>stats_referral_sources.php

Still shows 121 instead of just 1.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

mmmmmmmmmmmm. Doughnuts . . . haha. i said nuts.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi

Installed this great mod - everything working fine on the frontend - can select a heard about us item, and I checked the database and the tables are there with the entry but in the admin site when I go to customers I get this following error:

I am lost from this point on - any ideas on why this happens. It also happens if I go to reports.

Also where do I go to change the Heard About Us items in the admin site?

Cheers

------------------------------

Customers

1146 - Table 'xxxxx.TABLE_SOURCES' doesn't exist

select sources_name from TABLE_SOURCES where sources_id = '0'

[TEP STOP]

---------------------