• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Similar Products Box

The announcement for this contribution is here. The contribution can be downloaded here.

Please post any questions, bugs, or requests for features in this topic.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Hi there,

I run a bit modified MS2.2 and i just tried out the similar products contrib, and did run into 2 problems, 1 which i did manage to correct myself.

1. It did not show up in the admin under configuration., this i rectified by adding it to the configuration groups tables. (This line is missing in the original contribs attached sql file)

2. The box on the shop side does not show any content. (To even see the box i hade to put it as required in the coloum of choice, if i used the attached lines which would include it according to the choosen products it did not show at all)

Any feedback on how to get it up and running are appriciated... :-)

1. Thanks for the info. I'll add that to the SQL for the contribution.

2. The box will only contain products when you are looking at a product_info page. Anywhere else on the site it doesn't have a product to find similar products for. The code around the box is there to allow it to show up only when this requirement is met.

Regards

Jim

Thanks for the feedback.

I was aware of the fact that it would only show on a product info page, but in my set up it did not even show there, and when i put it as required it did not show any products when on an product page eighter.

Any ideas?

It sounds like your products_id is not getting set. Try pasting this in to product_info.php, just before the first ?>

print 'Product No. ' . $_GET['products_id'];

and look at a product page. You should see something like Product No. 12 in the upper left corner. If there is no number, just Product No., then the variable has gone missing. If so, please post the URL for that page here so I can take a look at it.

Regards

Jim

Hi..

Thanks for the feedback, i have now gotten it up and running... :-)

Please post what you did to get it working, for the benefit of others who may have the same problem.

Regards

Jim

Version 1.0.1 posted -- this fixes all problems known at this time. If you find any bugs, pleais either let me know so I can post an update or post one yourself.

Regards

Jim

• 3 months later...

Hi Jim

I have used your similar products contrib and have a small problem.

It works fine on the website :D in the admin panel i can see the similar products button but when i click on that i do not see any of the settings i.e "Set "Show product model" to true if you want the model name to show." etc.

I ran the SQL confiq file again and nothing changed accept i now have two "similar products" buttons in the admin section :huh:

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Mike

Hi Mike

There appears to be an error in the SQL for the latest version. My apologies for that.

Using your database management tool (phpMyAdmin or whatever you use), go to the configuration_group table and find the row where the configuration_group_title is "Similar Products". If there are multiple rows, delete all but one of these. Now change the value for configuration_group_id for that row to 60.

If you have run the SQL for this contribution more than once, you should also go into the configuration table and remove the duplicate entries. They will be near the end of the table.

I'll post an updated version of this contribution as soon as I can get it put together.

Regards

Jim

Hi There,

Sorry about the late reply, the problem was the use of search engine friendly url`s , which cause the neighter the box or the products to show.

Fix:

A small change in the product id call to make it compatible both with standard osc set up and with Search_engine URL`s enabled.

1. In the colum of your choice use this call for the box:

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'])) include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'similar_products.php');

2. In the box file similar_products.php change the 3 instances of $_GET['products_id'] to $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']

Thats it...... :-)

Edited by toyicebear