Sign in to follow this  
GNA

General Question

I have just posted an update to a previous contribution, this hasn't yet appeared on the contributions board. My question is:

1. Is there a time delay for vetting etc?

2. The contribution (EP Assistant V2) is some 500K will this cause rejection?

Thanks

G

:unsure:

If you read the sticky in the contributions announcement section it states that files should be no more than 300kb

If larger then you will either need to split the contribution or contact a moderator

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

There is no delay and no vetting. (Would that there were!)

This is what I do:

1. Add an entry in this section (Contribution Support) with text of "Coming Soon".

2. Add the link to the support URL in the install document, package the contrib.

3. Upload the contrib and include a pointer to the support page in the description. Double and triple check the entry before clicking submit, including the title. You don't get a second chance.

4. Your page will now appear with a link. Go back and edit the support page and include a link to the contrib.

5. Go to the Contributions Announcements and announce it there.

2. Add the link to the support URL in the install document, package the contrib.

3. Upload the contrib and include a pointer to the support page in the description. Double and triple check the entry before clicking submit, including the title. You don't get a second chance.

That is actually not a recommended approach to take - all contributions should be downloadable (in full) at the Contributions section.

When such contributions are found, contact is made to the author to make a download package directly available. If none can be provided, the contribution will unfortunately have to be removed.

Contributions rarely exceed the current 300k upload filesize limit - when this occurs, contact with the team is requested so that the contribution package can be manually inserted.

:heart:, osCommerce

That is actually not a recommended approach to take - all contributions should be downloadable (in full) at the Contributions section.

Harald, you misunderstand me. I didn't mean to say that the contribution was not to be downloaded through the contributions page. Rather, I was outlining the sequence allowing for inclusion of a pointer to the support toipic in the initial contribution upload. If there was a way to fill this in later, it would be more convenient.