• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Who uses Psigate Payment Module?

gandalfthewhite

I was wondering, when you finally recieved your merchant ID from psigate, do you have to change the mode of the module to "production" and "sale", or do you keep the authorization to "pre-auth".

Psigate figures I need to keep it on pre-auth, and then once I ship the items, there should be a feature in the oscommerce program to do a Post-auth on the customer's credit card (yet I can't find such a feature). Any help would be great as i'm just waiting for my merchant ID's to get approved.

thx.

• 4 months later...
Someone must use Psigate for their credit cards?

I've paid the admin fee back in May but I have yet to send my paperwork in. I'm having issues with 2Checkout and have decided to dump them.

Being a Canadian store, and I list my prices in CAD, I think PSIGate will work much better for me.

How are you liking PSIGate? Have you figured out your problem yet?

We are almost at the same level. We begin to try to get an account from PSI gate two weeks ago, but our customer was not able to send the request forms until a few days ago.

Today, We got a call from they telling me that we will need a SSL secure connection to be able to use their services. They also tell us that we can use a shared SSL connection the same our host server offer. But trying to get the necessary information from our host for this connection, we got the following message:

for a digital certificate you can't use a shared SSL connection you need to

have your own Dedicated IP address and your own Digital Certificate. The IP

address is another $36.00 per year and the Digital Certificate is anywhere

from $50-$500 per year depending on where you buy one. the lowest price

certificate I've found is at www.comodogroup.com

Anything less than this will produce multiple certificate errors scaring you

clients away from your site.

We send this message to PSIGate and we're waiting for a way to work through this issue without having to incure in more costs.

It would be good to know how it went with you...

By the way, we are also from Canada

Edited by Alei_OSC

• 1 month later...

Did any of you get any farther - we are into mid November now. I have received my ID # today, installed the module, but I guess I need to test it now.

Also in Canada, let me know if anyone is a step ahead.

Teresa in Petawawa

Hi all,

We are almost done setting up OSC with PSI-Gate.

We've been approved by PSI gate and our account has been enabled.

I am having difficulties setting up the PSI-Gate payment module:

We are wanting to use their remote secure server for the credit card collection as we do not have SSL ourselves. When trying to process a payment we get the errror: "Credit Card Information must be supplied"

As though PSI-Gate's server was expecting to receive the credit card info with the query. Weird considering that the PSI-Gate payment module is set to Credit Card Collection: Remote

Anyone knows what were doing wrong ?

Cheers

Hey Folks,

Not to be a jerk, but in reading these posts I get the impression many of you are signing on with PSigate and then seeing if it works.

I think that is a BAD idea. Make sure it works and then sign on the dotted line. Once you sign za papers you are on the hook for the term of the contract.

I made the same mistake with Internetsecure in July of this year and now will be paying them a fee until next July and not using them.

:'( Why? :o

Because Internetsecure only functions one way and they do not see the need to fix the problem.

As far as I can tell PSigate is as good as Beanstream for Canadian sites. :thumbsup:

• 1 year later...
Hey Folks,

Not to be a jerk, but in reading these posts I get the impression many of you are signing on with PSigate and then seeing if it works.

I think that is a BAD idea. Make sure it works and then sign on the dotted line. Once you sign za papers you are on the hook for the term of the contract.

I made the same mistake with Internetsecure in July of this year and now will be paying them a fee until next July and not using them.

:'( Why? :o

Because Internetsecure only functions one way and they do not see the need to fix the problem.

As far as I can tell PSigate is as good as Beanstream for Canadian sites. :thumbsup:

Is Beanstream, PSIgate good for Canadian businesses then ? I am interested to ADD an extra payment option via a gateway now on my OSC. I was using paypal standard module. My shop is located in Canada

http://www.littlescientist.net/shop

Is Beanstream, PSIgate good for Canadian businesses then ? I am interested to ADD an extra payment option via a gateway now on my OSC. I was using paypal standard module. My shop is located in Canada

http://www.littlescientist.net/shop

We've been using PSIGate with OSC for a year now and they are OK, not great but functional. Their reporting is really hard to make any sense of and impossible to add up as verification... and they do sometimes make mistakes, so you have to be on your toes to catch them. They apparently have a more secure OSC module coming up with better reporting....

So we're looking for better. Please let us know if you do find better, we'll do the same.

Cheers

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...