• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Protection of Configuration

stevel

Hi,

I've just install this contrib, but it seems to not work properly on my site. It give me some error when I press one of the buttons (on / off):

- when I press on:

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: Operation not permitted in /home/onlines/public_html/catalog/admin/protection.php on line 46

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: Operation not permitted in /home/onlines/public_html/catalog/admin/protection.php on line 49

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/onlines/public_html/catalog/admin/protection.php:46) in /home/onlines/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 22

- when I press off:

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: Operation not permitted in /home/onlines/public_html/catalog/admin/protection.php on line 62

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: Operation not permitted in /home/onlines/public_html/catalog/admin/protection.php on line 65

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/onlines/public_html/catalog/admin/protection.php:62) in /home/onlines/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 22

Please help me with this issue.

If you need other information, do not hesitate to contact me.

Thank you!

Vice.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I've just install this contrib, but it seems to not work properly on my site. It give me some error when I press one of the buttons (on / off):

- when I press on:

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: Operation not permitted in /home/onlines/public_html/catalog/admin/protection.php on line 46

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: Operation not permitted in /home/onlines/public_html/catalog/admin/protection.php on line 49

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/onlines/public_html/catalog/admin/protection.php:46) in /home/onlines/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 22

- when I press off:

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: Operation not permitted in /home/onlines/public_html/catalog/admin/protection.php on line 62

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: Operation not permitted in /home/onlines/public_html/catalog/admin/protection.php on line 65

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/onlines/public_html/catalog/admin/protection.php:62) in /home/onlines/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 22

Please help me with this issue.

If you need other information, do not hesitate to contact me.

Thank you!

Vice.

Hi, i have the same error messages. I have this addon installed in localhost and it's all ok, but in my hosting server i have the above errors too.

Any help?

Thank you.

• 2 months later...
Oh, just one thing. Shouldn't the images and backup folders be CHMOD to 0777? Otherwise I get an error message in the admin panel, as the backup file is not writable, and my store gets really slow, due to the images taking longer than usual. I keep those folders (and the graphs folder) at 0777.

Yol

Yol,

thanks for your replies.

I installed the latest version of this mod, however, the story does not change.

I still get the "Failed to change protection of /my/directory/file.php" error and I also realized that ON / OFF buttons on this contribution's admin panel seem to be totally useless: matter of fact, I see change of color status (i.e. from red to green or vice versa) whenever I CHMOD each file by using FTP control, only.

Any ideas about where the trouble could be?

Thank you!

Mendoh

• 8 months later...

Hmm not sure if it's just me but, after i transfered the files to the host nothing new shows up in admin panel of OsC perhaps it's just me making some crappy mistake, any ideas ?

edit: when i enter the url manually and then press on i get "The requested URL /catalog/admin/FILENAME_PROTECTION was not found on this server."

Edited by ollan

• 3 months later...

If you see FILENAME_PROTECTION, you did not edit admin/includes/filenames.php

As noted earlier in this thread, some web hosts do not allow PHP code to do the chmod to protect the file. If that is the case, you'll have to find another way to do the protection.

• 2 months later...

I suspect that this means that you don't have permission to do a chmod from a PHP script. Some web hosts don't allow this.

Try manually setting the protection to 444. which is what is necessary on the host I use. On my host, I can't do this with an FTP client, I have to do it with a script or the host's own "webftp" tool.

Hi Steve

I am getting this error as well, but I changed the protection to 444 and still does not work.

by the way, my server allow chmod from script, no problems at this point.

Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance

Kelson

• 11 months later...

Sorry, I know this is late, but this forum keeps dropping my subscriptions.

Some web hosts simply do not allow a script to change file protections. I do not know what "forbiden.php" does on your store.

• 2 years later...