• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

USPS & UPS Shipping Modules

If there is ANYBODY out there that I can pay to fix these shipping module for me, I would greatly appreciate it. I'm tired of trying to figure it out myself. I have had USPS and UPS look at it and it won't work. They even put me on production on USPS and that still didn't work. Yes I have both enabled and I have the latest up dated files in for both USPS, UPS and FedEx. FedEx doesn't even show and this is the error I get on the shipping page:

United States Postal Service

An error occured with the USPS shipping calculations.

If you prefer to use USPS as your shipping method, please contact the store owner.

Flat Rate

Best Way $5.00

United Parcel Service

An error occured with the UPS shipping calculations.

Invalid ShipperPostalCode

If you prefer to use UPS as your shipping method, please contact the store owner.

PLEASE help me! I'm losing business! :(

i'm right there with you and i SO wish i could help you, but i'm in the same boat (on the USPS part anyway) and haven't been able to get any help. I've got 2 friends working on it, but neither of them really knows PHP or OSC specifically and haven't been able to find any reason that it won't work. At this point I'm wondering if it is a host issue...like a setting that is preventing it from working or something, but unfortunately i don't even have a clue if that is possible or what the problem might be to get it resolved.

if they come up with something i'll definitely let you know

• 1 month later...

i am having the same issue. entering the zip in the shipping / packaging section made no difference.

anyone have any suggestions?

I got it working but it's bringing out enormous amounts on shipping. How do you guys put in you lbs and ozs in when you add your product to inventory? I'm thinking I might be doing that wrong and that might be the problem. :(

I have the same problem, using UPS software on our UPS terminal shipping on a < 1lb tshirt is like 3.00 for ground

but I get

United Parcel Service (1 x 4lbs) United Parcel Service

Next Day Air $23.12

2nd Day Air $12.86

3 Day Select $9.53

Ground $7.16

using UPS and USPS just flat don't work like someone else above*

I have the same problem, using UPS software on our UPS terminal shipping on a < 1lb tshirt is like 3.00 for ground

but I get

United Parcel Service (1 x 4lbs) United Parcel Service

Next Day Air $23.12

2nd Day Air $12.86

3 Day Select $9.53

Ground $7.16

using UPS and USPS just flat don't work like someone else above*

In Admin under Configuration - Shipping/Packaging - Package Tare weight, adjust your tare to what you think is feasible. I personally use .6

i'm right there with you and i SO wish i could help you, but i'm in the same boat (on the USPS part anyway) and haven't been able to get any help.  I've got 2 friends working on it, but neither of them really knows PHP or OSC specifically and haven't been able to find any reason that it won't work.  At this point I'm wondering if it is a host issue...like a setting that is preventing it from working or something, but unfortunately i don't even have a clue if that is possible or what the problem might be to get it resolved.

if they come up with something i'll definitely let you know

I think I have a fix to everyone's problem.

In /includes/modules/shipping/usps.php FIND:

if ($order->delivery['country']['id'] == STORE_COUNTRY) {

CHANGE TO:

if ($order->delivery['country']['id'] == SHIPPING_ORIGIN_COUNTRY) {

Hope it helps.

• 3 weeks later...
i am having the same issue. entering the zip in the shipping / packaging section made no difference.

Same here.

Also, my code already shows the suggested changes: if ($order->delivery['country']['id'] == SHIPPING_ORIGIN_COUNTRY) {

Same here.

Also, my code already shows the suggested changes: if ($order->delivery['country']['id'] == SHIPPING_ORIGIN_COUNTRY) {

Are you on the Test or Production Server?

:D Thanks. When changing the TARE it brings the shipping rates WAY done back to sanity. The description that shows up with TARE is HORID..

TARE. is simple the extra wieght of the packing materials you will use to ship an item, above the wieght of the item itself.

We ship food. So a 32 ounce can is 1.75 pounds, but you got another ounce or so of can and then teh .6 pounds worht of packing materials and boxes.

To get accurate rates WEIGH your packegs and figure out what the real numbers are. If you tell someone that a one pound package is3 pounds they are going to think you are ripping them off. You can add a handling charge later if you want.

The USPS thing is a nightmare. Typical Governmental agency. The 800 number has not got a clue on what I am talkign about and the online help is simple wrong.

Test or Production Server? I'm not sure I know what you're referring to.

The site is live at www.skate-ramp.com

Test or Production are things the USPS does with your login.

USPS Web Tools link From this link click SIGN IN on the top RIGHT.

If a New User hit the New User and follow the instructions.

If returning then login.

Then go to CONTACT US. then teh FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS. There is a drop down. Look for the WEB TOOLS one and then PERMISSIONS for teh sub-topic. That ought to help make sense of it all.

The I am too lazy to find the link myself link OK just hit this link and read.

Basically setuop an account. Wait for them to email you. then reply and tell them to move you "TO PRODUCTION" as the test server simply do not work. :ph34r:

Yes, the test server will only accept the stock requests they have. Won't really test the store.

I guess it's for you to see how to construct requests, but it would be nice if you could test some data other than the prefab ones they have only.

Seems stupid to me, but oh well, government.

OK I think that I must have had a brain laps or something but I think I know what the problem is finally.

When you click on edit for the USPS module you have and option to for "Shipping Zone"

It says "If a zone is selected, only enable this shipping method for that zone."

I stupidly clicked on it with out really reading it and selected the state that the company is in. I am in a different state testing it. It will only calculate shipping for the state you selected. I unchecked it and now it works fine. I am sooooooo stupid, I hate it when I don't fully read the directions.

Same thing for UPS. Once I unselected the "Shipping Zone" it works fine.

If you want to see the site is http://www.buffalotomsgourmetsauce.com

I just checked it with 2 different accounts and address that I set up and it is working now.

~Nick

• 7 months later...

I've done all the fixes in this thread. Except for getting confirmation from USPS that I'm on the production server instead of the testing server, I'm still getting the USPS error message. I tried adding UPS (which I don't want) and it works just fine as far as calculating the rate. However, when I went to pay the test purchase I made, it didn't add any shipping to the paypal payment.

I've done all the fixes in this thread. Except for getting confirmation from USPS that I'm on the production server instead of the testing server, I'm still getting the USPS error message. I tried adding UPS (which I don't want) and it works just fine as far as calculating the rate. However, when I went to pay the test purchase I made, it didn't add any shipping to the paypal payment.

The change from testing to production server fixed the USPS error. Now to go find the paypal thread and deal with why it isn't adding the shipping charge to the paypal payment!