• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

USPS moduel

Vasily

Please, help me with installing usps module. It doesn't work. Massege error says An error occured with the USPS shipping calculations.

What am I doing wrong?

I have registered on there's site and pasted user id and password in module. and nothing working even in testing version!

have you emailed/called USPS to request to be put on their production server? you'll get a confirmation email once that is done, and then you'll need to switch to production in oscommerce. The test function apparently never (or rarely) works.

If you have done that, and it still doesn't work, then you're probably in the same boat as me and I wish i had a solution for you (cause then i'd have one for me too LOL).

• 1 month later...

As pointed out to me in another post.

Go to Admin > Configuration > Shipping/Packaging and make sure your postal code and country origin are configured.

This solved my problem!

I just called them (they answered pretty quickly) and they asked what third-party software I was using and then transferred me over to the production server. The testing server wasn't working for me either. But now the prices are coming up.

• 4 weeks later...
I have registered on there's site and pasted user id and password in module.

Where do you register so the the USPS module works. Is there a fee to use this service.

PS.

How do you highlite text from a post to quote?

LEon

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same problem...they said in an email that I was moved to the production server...but my USPS still wasn't working. I used the sample XML code (found on USPS website) to test the production server and found out I wasn't authorized to use it. I called them and found out I wasn't moved to the production server after all. After they authorized me over the phone, it worked.