• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

USPS Shipping Rates

iamclogger

I have successfully setup the USPS mod in the shipping options. When I go through a checkout the rates for USPS shipping comes up. However, the rates are higher than they should be.

How do I make the rates for the USPS match those of USPS website?

A package that weighs 1 pound should not be more than 3.95 but the lowest rate on osCommerce is 4.95.

Check your "tare weight" and "percentage increase" in your admin/configuration/shipping-packaging. These being set to anything else than "0" will change the 1 lb. package to something heavier when the module figures the shipping charges.

If this isn't the problem, post some specific ZIP codes and results - it might be easier for someone to help zero in on the problem.

... if you want to REALLY see something that doesn't set up right out of the box without some tweaking,

try being a Foster Parent!

I have been having the same problem yet cannot locate the file to change the TARE WEIGHT. There is no CONFIGURATION folder in my ADMIN directory?! :unsure:

----

"Reality is a trick done with mirrors!"

The reference is not to files on your server, but to pages of your admin area in your browser. Go to your Admin page, click on Configuration, click on Shipping/Packaging and you will see (among others) "Package Tare Weight" and "Larger packages - percentage increase"

... if you want to REALLY see something that doesn't set up right out of the box without some tweaking,

try being a Foster Parent!

Check your "tare weight" and "percentage increase" in your admin/configuration/shipping-packaging. These being set to anything else than "0" will change the 1 lb. package to something heavier when the module figures the shipping charges.

If this isn't the problem, post some specific ZIP codes and results - it might be easier for someone to help zero in on the problem.

Thank you so much. That did the trick.

Thanks again, much appreciated.

JHouse