• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

USPS shipping not working

MrsD

I signed up with webtools. I downloaded the USPS shipping, used my user ID and password they gave me, set my zip code. I am using the processor rather than test ...computer/mode/whatever it was.

I tried various things folks here have recommended (changing php). Nothing has made it work.

I don't want to use UPS but I installed it anyway- just to try it out. It works fine.

I put in an Oscommerce Bug Report. After several attempts the tech said to email USPS. I did. They said they can't help with 3rd party software.

What else can I do?!? Isn't there a way to make this work? Prayer?

MrsD

well even prayer isn't workign for me, so if you figure out a solution let me know :). I've been live for 2 months with a thrown together shipping table because i couldn't get it working and couldn't get any help to fix it. I don't even know where to begin to get it working :(. Hopefully you'll get some help with your problem so i can fix mine! :D

Here's a tiny bit of info.... the problem is not in the usps.php. Someone sent me the usps.php from her working site, I replaced mine with it (even though I saw no differences), and there is no change.

I am waiting on an email from USPS to verify that I am on the production server (yes, I clicked it!).

Knowing as little as I do about all this, I'm not sure where to look next!

MrsD

It kind of ruins the whole concept when something as basic as the USPS shipping module does not work.

I managed to sign up after I got the new URL. I am on test. Don't think that makes a difference.

I get 2147218799 invalid country when not the US and when the US I get the cannot calculate shipping .. contact owner message.

All the supposed fixes are really not addressing what the problem is. If this is working for some people then is there something on the server side that has to be set up to connect properly to the USPS server?

Oh, Joy!!!!!! You aren't going to believe this.... but I GOT IT!!!!!

WHen I installed the USPS module, I didn't click "test" server because I am an optimist, thinking it will just work, and I had read some folks had problems with it, etc. So I ASSUMED I was put on Production server.

I had emailed USPS twice... one reply said they couldn't help with 3rd party software. THe other reply said they couldn't help, but if I sent my userID they would verify I was on Production. THis morning I get:

"Dear USPS Customer,

Congratulations on completing your testing using the U.S. Postal Service's

Internet Shipping Application Program Interfaces (APIs).

Your profile has been updated to allow you access to the Production Server.

And a bit more server info. I was surprised (since I had signed up for Production) but went ahead with a test order and....it WORKS! I am so happy!

So all you people call or email USPS, give them your userID and verify if you are on Production! It is bound to help some of you!

MrsD, dancing for joy!

I got it working too by loading the USPS V2.6 Contribution and going to production. Not sure which did the trick.

OK I'm going to try both, I just called and they said I should be changed over tonight or tomarrow.

BTW: Where did you get USPS V2.6 ? CVS?

I will look there first I guess....

:ph34r:

SidV

I got mine working on the first pass - all right first pass and a half.

What I can't figure out is it starts out with a three-pound package and then adds the weight of my items to it. A bit expensive for my customers!

Any ideas? I only offer Priority and Express mail (they give free packaging).

Aarrgh!! I've done everything, including setting up an account on the correct USPS server, on Production, installed 2.7, made all changes, and I still get an error!!!!

I was unable to log back on to the forums after posting this. Turns out the problem was at the USPS - they hadn't enabled my account correctly. I used the bug reporting solution in the 2.7 contribution to discover this.

Susan

Hi,

Maybe someone can help me on this one.

I just add in a new shipping module.

In my admin>module>shipping

the new shipping module says "insert your title here"

How do I change the the title text and description text?

Need info ASAP... Thanks

Regards,

KINGCHUI

I tried that contribution, and it was badly broken - files were in the wrong folder, and worse. I did manage to get it to somewhat function, but it was so annoying to use that I gave up.

I think the approach used in this contribution is misguided - it attempts to reproduce the look of a USPS web page, where all that is needed is to generate the proper form request. Note, though, that you can't do anything without starting a session through the USPS site.

Instead I wrote a function that creates a URL for the USPS' older label form system, which still works. It does not allow you to buy postage, however - for my store, that was not an issue.

I have it working - Domestically.

Even though I have specified shipping methods for international shipping, when I leave my site and hit the USPS site it tries to conform the address to US standards, which doesn't work.

Any ideas? or do I need a separate contribution?

Kinquchi,

It is possible. I had to do this on my own install.

Unfortunately, it was one of those bleary-eyed coding sessions, so can't quite remember what I did.

I believe that it was in the includes/languages/english/shippping folder. Look for the entry whose name matches the contribution.

Then, carefully hunt through the code and change one thing at a time (making careful notes of what was changed) and toggle back and forth between the code view and the live page results.

That's how I did it.