• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

USPS shipping not working

MrsD

kingchui:

be sure to set your country code in Admin -> Configuration -> Shipping/Packaging

My USPS wasnt working either even after getting them to switch me to production. Based on kingchui's clue I checked the Shipping/Packaging and found that my Postal Code was not set. As soon as I entered my zipcode it started working. This could be your problem as well.

• 3 months later...

This error was killing me, too, so I double-checked everything.

1. yup, had my zip code entered in admin - config - shipping - postal code

2. yup, i was on usps's production server

3. yup, my usps user id and passwords were correct

4. so i placed a test order - oops, got the error message, argh

then, something i saw made the difference, my buyer (me as a tester) had put in an incorrect zip code (had an extra zero in there). How did i do that? I don't know, but I changed my user's zip code, and now it works.

I hope this helps others, or at least gives you one more thing to check.

todd king

My USPS wasnt working either even after getting them to switch me to production.  Based on kingchui's clue I checked the Shipping/Packaging and found that my Postal Code was not set.  As soon as I entered my zipcode it started working.  This could be your problem as well.

• 3 weeks later...

I had the same problem. I un installed the USPS shipping module, and then installed it again, it began working.

Make sure that you have the weight in your product and all information for store address etc filled out.

Hope this helps you

I signed up with webtools. I downloaded the USPS shipping, used my user ID and password they gave me, set my zip code. I am using the processor rather than test ...computer/mode/whatever it was.

I tried various things folks here have recommended (changing php). Nothing has made it work.

I don't want to use UPS but I installed it anyway- just to try it out. It works fine.

I put in an Oscommerce Bug Report. After several attempts the tech said to email USPS. I did. They said they can't help with 3rd party software.

What else can I do?!? Isn't there a way to make this work? Prayer?

MrsD

Edited by 241

I had the same problem. I un installed the USPS shipping module, and then installed it again, it began working.

Make sure that you have the weight in your product and all information for store address etc filled out.

Hope this helps you

Anyone set up USPS and get NO shipping information? I've been set up on the USPS production server (per an email from them); all the correct USPS info in the admin; and I go to check out and get NO SHIPPING info to appear at all - no errors; just no shipping options at all; before I got the error (and the little USPS logo, etc); but now nothing at all ... please help (thanks)!

Edited by 241

I got it working too by loading the USPS V2.6 Contribution and going to production.  Not sure which did the trick.

:-" I just received this from USPS, but what do I do with the url?

Congratulations on completing your testing using the U.S. Postal

Service's Internet Shipping Application Program Interfaces (APIs).

Your profile has been updated to allow you access to the Production Server.

The URL you will use for the Production Server is:

Production.ShippingAPIs.com/ShippingAPI.dll

where/how do I use this URL?

Thanks Mike

• 10 months later...

i stumbled on this USPS shipping module as well. It became apparent to me your USPS Webtools account won't work with this module UNLESS YOU HAVE ACCESS TO PRODUCTION.

If you are having trouble, email [email protected] or call USPS at 1-800-344-7779 with your USPS WebTools ID, and they will grant you access to production right away. It took about 15 minutes for me for a response.

If you don't have a Webtools ID, sign up at http://www.usps.com/webtools

I hope this helps!

• 3 weeks later...

I have run the OSC test and nothing happened. What is supposed to show on the 'delivery information' page with the USPS module installed and running on 'TEST'? I only saw the 'calculation error' msg.

I went to the USPS Webtools page and ran the test and got a response. I then requested them to switch to production and got confirmation that it was done yet I still get the error.

I sought help at OSC forums and was told to install the contrib USPS Ship methods 2.2cvs and did so but still get the error msg. What else must be done? Since USPS only sent me a user ID do I leave the OSC password field with NONE, re-enter the user ID or leave blank? Please.

http://www.gmgshirts.com

I GOT THE SOLUTIONS FOR THAT:

You need to do this: Your Web Tools User ID is: 6803JLB03930 (sample)

put it in your United States Postal Service in the osCommerce Admin.

In the: Which server to use: select production

It should look like this:

United States Postal Service

You will need to have registered an account with USPS at http://www.uspsprioritymail.com/et_regcert.html to use this module

USPS expects you to use pounds as weight measure for your products.

Enable USPS Shipping

True

Enter the USPS User ID

6803JLB03930

Enter the USPS Password

(your USPS Webtools password)

Which server to use

production

Handling Fee

Tax Class

--none--

Shipping Zone

--none--

Sort Order

After you do this it should works, you get USPS Shipping cost, if still geting errors, call USPS, Option #3 Webtools support, tell then that you a ready, active your USPS account in your osCommerce cart, they need to have your account in (production) not in test.

I just spent an hour and a half on this before realizing that USPS also changed some of their element names.

in the original usps.php file (no contributions - I tried them and the same changes would have to be made)

// Line 74 change
 $this->_setContainer('NONE');
// to
 $this->_setContainer('Flat Rate Envelope');

// Line 172 change
	$request  = '<RateRequest USERID="' . MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_USERID . '" PASSWORD="' . MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_PASSWORD . '">';
// to
	$request  = '<RateRequest USERID="' . MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_USERID . '">';

I hard coded my zip code in the ZipOrigination tag (though I might not have needed to do this) on line 187

// Line 187 change
	$request .= '</RateRequest>';

$request = 'API=Rate&XML=' . urlencode($request);
//to
	$request .= '</RateV2Request>';

$request = 'API=RateV2&XML=' . urlencode($request);

// Line 266 change
		$service = ereg('<Service>(.*)</Service>', $response[$i], $regs);
		$service = $regs[1];
		$postage = ereg('<Postage>(.*)</Postage>', $response[$i], $regs);
// to
		$service = ereg('<MailService>(.*)</MailService>', $response[$i], $regs);
		$service = $regs[1];
		$postage = ereg('<Rate>(.*)</Rate>', $response[$i], $regs);

Hope this helps

• 2 weeks later...

The quotes below are from a PM session between a couple of us newbies, but I'm bothering to pass it to the thread in case it may help others. In particular, see my note about selecting which USPS options you may want to offer...

Hi. I'm getting the same error. Have you had any luck resolving it since posting your query? I'll keep poking around, but if you have a quick solution, I'd love to know it. Thanks!

No not yet - haven't had much time to work on it though either... I'll let you know if I figure it out - I can;t image that others aren;lt having the same problem

I've got it working. Now, if I can just figure out which of a million things I tried that worked so I can share it with you!

I think the main thing was finally trying it in Production mode. I called USPS thinking I'd maybe given them a wrong url when I signed up for my webtools ID, and while I was on the line, it wasn't working before I called but it was working next time I tried while I was talking to the guy. Maybe he did some setting on my account??

So ... I know you can do it too. Just a little more trial and error, maybe.

BTW, I'm only going to offer Express Mail and Priority mail, not First Class or Parcel Post. I eliminated those options for my customers by commenting them out in the includes/modules/shipping/usps.php file, like this (around line 47):

$this->types = array('Express' => 'Express Mail',

/*'First Class' => 'First-Class Mail',*/

'Priority' => 'Priority Mail',

/*'Parcel' => 'Parcel Post'*/);

Hope that helps you, or somebody! :-)