• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Credit Card Fraud Detection Service

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nrlatsha- It appears my major problem is that the Surepay payment module doesn't store anything in cc_number. Without anything stored, the following code in catalog/checkout_process.php will not call maxmind.php:

if (tep_not_null($sql_data_array['cc_number'])) {
    require(DIR_WS_MODULES . 'maxmind/maxmind.php');   
  }

The first four and last four digits are visible on the checkout confirmation page. Are these useable? They do not appear to be stored anywhere in the database.

Anyone have an idea of how I can work around this?

I'm a registered, free user and I get Bin Country and Bin Name just fine.

hmm, if you're getting BIN country and BIN name then there is still a small problem with the Linkpoint module. Maxmind site says this, guess it's out of date...

* Only registered users can access BIN Match output.

** Paid Services returns these geographical details. Free service returns distance estimate only.

*** Only Premium Paid Service returns binCountry and binName.

"Buy the ticket, take the ride..." -HST

Information sent is:

- The first six digits of the credit card number

- State, country and postal code of the customer

- domain name of the customer's e-mail address

The information can be sent over an SSL connection if you set it up that way. Maxmind does not retain the info as far as I know.

Note that you are not sending the entire CC number, nor details such as the expiration date, customer name, etc.

I just rebuilt apache, now when I place a test order to Linkpoint I'm getting this:

url https://www.maxmind.com/app/ccv2r?i=198.30....ientAPI=PHP/1.0

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/upgrade1/public_html/catalog/includes/modules/maxmind/HTTPBase.php:108) in /home/upgrade1/public_html/catalog/includes/functions/general.php on line 29

However, when I refresh the brower the cart is empty--the order is going through, and the Maxmind fields (except for binCountry and binName) are populated in admin. No lines after ?> in HTTPBase.php or CreditCardFraudDetection.php.

Hi,

I have created the new database 'orders_maxmind' but get an the following error:-

ERROR 1062: Duplicate entry '' for key 1

This is when I try to put the key for order_id

any solutions ?

Thanks for your help

Regards

Tim

Ok thanks everyone for helping, I have seperated the first 6 numbers from the encyption script. I had a problem with the BIN details displaying.

I discovered that I do need to enter a license number to get these details. I found that my free account which allows me 1000 queries per month to have a license key. To find it go to the log in form

http://www.maxmind.com/app/ccv2_login

After you have logged in, there is a link near the bottom of the page called http interface, click it. Look for the heading License Key, and in bold there is your license key :)

Sorry for the late replies, I've been on vacation...

kenb - So when you run the test script with an order id that is already present, the orders_maxmind table gets updated, but you can't see anything under that order in admin? I just want to make sure that's the problem you're having right now. I'll take a look at the surepay mod again today to see if we can move it somewhere else or use a different var to look for cc orders... But you should see the fields in admin->orders if you see them in orders_maxmind...

sefu - It looks like you have everything working now, correct?

stevel - Did you happen to make any progress on the issue with split emails?

bglkk - That may be an issue with that httpbase.php, in fact I think there is an upgrade for that, I got an email from MaxMind on vacation about an upgrade, but didn't get a chance to look. Look for an updated contrib by the end of the day...

useronthenet - Are you still having the database troubles?

9 times out of 10 its a PEBCAK Error (Problem exists between chair and keyboard)

Replace that and you're fine...

Noel,

Sorry, I had to move on to other things temporarily. But now I am back trying to get his working with Authorize.net Consolidated v.1.0 for AIM ( http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...h,authorize.net ). The above Authorize.net contribution uses a rather modified checkout_process.php file, this may be the reason everything is screwing up.

Right now I have everything installed as you have instructed. The problem right now is that the maximind table is not getting populated.

Any ideas?

Edited by magicproshop

sefu - It looks like you have everything working now, correct?

Yes everything is working perfectly now :)

Thanks for the excellent mod!

I am thinking about going for a paid service, I'm not sure if its a restriction of the free service but it doesnt show all the bin names, previously the free service would should 99% of the BIN names. Now with some of the request it would only show the BIN country and match. ANyone else experience this?

magicproshop - I've been on vacation, so don't worry about putting it on the side for a bit, I had to also. Did you try the mod I gave in this post: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...ndpost&p=373843? It looks as if that is where the authorize.net stuff is getting called, so I just added maxmind to that call...

sefu - I'm just about to release the next version of this contrib. That will include the new features. I'm just working on the upgrade install instructs and waiting to see if the auth.net mod works

Edited by nrlatsha

9 times out of 10 its a PEBCAK Error (Problem exists between chair and keyboard)

I didn't try to analyze the split email problem any further - since I moved the Maxmind code to the end of the process, everything works the way I want it to.

Noel,

It is working now!

I have implemented the needed Authorize.net adjustments and I also needed to a change the Curl HTTPS settings in the maxmind.php file to O.

// If you want Secure HTTPS and you have Curl and OpenSSL installed

// and the php curl binding then

// uncomment the next line with the word isSecure

$ccfs->isSecure = 0;

I am setting up my site on a test domain in which I don't have a secure certificate installed (I do have the SSL version of CURL though).

Once I switched the default setting from "1" to "0" it worked like a charm.

Thanks so much for your help.

Take care

Edited by magicproshop

magicproshop - Fantastic! I was beginning to wonder what could be going on there... That is very good information for everyone though. Best of luck to you and your store. Now that you have it setup...

**** NEW VERSION UPLOADED V1.4 ****

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2115

Screen Shot still here: http://www.nabcomdiamonds.com/catalog/images/maxmind.jpeg

Change notes: 14 June 2004 08:20:59 V1.4

(1) Cleaned up code

(2) Added options for advanced queries

(3) Replaced maxmind files with updated versions

(4) Added testing file & instructs

(5) Instructions for upgrades added too...

In case anybody was wondering, this is a FREE service from MaxMind.

Lemme know of any problems with the install or upgrade.

Noel

Thanks NOEL for the NEW version, i just came back from my Holiday in Europe (Holland & Spain) and i was planning to make such a contribution on my site.

Thanks for saving me a couple of hours :)

it works like a charm.

One question though, if a registered customer has something like Ghostsurf installed then you will NEVER be able to track the correct distance (Distance from IP address to Billing Location in kilometers (large distance = higher risk))

Since i have 'GhostSurf' installed on my box, i can verify the above

Robert

We all need to learn it once, how hard it may seem when you look at it, also you will master it someday ;)

One question though, if a registered customer has something like Ghostsurf installed then you will NEVER be able to track the correct distance (Distance from IP address to Billing Location in kilometers (large distance = higher risk))

Since i have 'GhostSurf' installed on my box, i can verify the above

Does it identify it as an anonymous proxy for your then?

Hi nrlatsha

Yes I am stil having the same problem of putting the primary key to the field name 'order_id'

error still the same: ERROR 1062: Duplicate entry '' for key 1

Any help would be appreciated

Regards

Tim

Check your database to see if the primary index is already setup for order_id, it should be...

I just rebuilt apache, now when I place a test order to Linkpoint I'm getting this:

url https://www.maxmind.com/app/ccv2r?i=198.30....ientAPI=PHP/1.0

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/upgrade1/public_html/catalog/includes/modules/maxmind/HTTPBase.php:108) in /home/upgrade1/public_html/catalog/includes/functions/general.php on line 29

However, when I refresh the brower the cart is empty--the order is going through, and the Maxmind fields (except for binCountry and binName) are populated in admin. No lines after ?> in HTTPBase.php or CreditCardFraudDetection.php.

Hi Noel:

Just installed v1.4 and ran maxtest.php. Seems to be working fine again (except for BinCountry and BinName still coming up blank).

Thanks!

Glad to hear it went well and thats its working for you now...

I didn't get bin country or name until I upgraded from the free service...

OK, after registering for the free service at Maxmind, now I'm getting a BinName, but no BinCountry. BinMatch is the same as ever: "Not Found". According to the Maxmind site, I should be getting BinMatch, but not the other two (which require Premium Paid service). It's no big deal, just a little weird. Anyway, I reckon this is an issue with Maxmind, not your excellent contribution.

I had a similar problem, look a few pages back.

I would not get any bin information, but I found that my free account had a license number which I entered in and I get all the information now