The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Dropdownmenu

euskopc

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how did you get it to work? it just greys out for me

well, the instructions stated to miss out all of section 2 if you already have coolmenu. This isnt the case.

also, try just '/' in the var dropdownmenu_path

PS my duplicated categories was down to another contrib :D

Edited by adiwillow

Okay, i've still got a double top level category when selecting a specific manufacturer.

I've got one product linked to all categories, and all subcategories, under a specific manufacturer.

Ie if i select all manufacturers, all is as it should be... but if i select the specific manufacturer, then i get the top level categories duplicated in the drop down, yet one is populated, and one isnt.

Any ideas?

http://www.demo.cadsnet.co.uk

hi there i got two question , one problem :

Apache 1.3.27 - PHP 4.3.3 - MySQL 4.0.15 -

1.pb.jpg

i installed version 2.7 , and i use my shop in french, but what ever the language i chose, i got empty dropdown, i check 3 times the installation , couldnt see any problem , any clue ?

2.i tried avsearhc in alpha release , but couldnt make it work , but has it something to do to the contribtion dorw down , like it was version 2.8 beta ?

by the way the link provided to see it in action , there is just a freslhy oscommerce shop installed i can't see nowhere !

best regards

MS2

what verison of the contrib are you using? where did you downlaod it from?

becaused I can not make this work

it does work, but its not an out of the box solution.. i got it working by trial and error ! make sure all the code is installed, and fiddle with the dropdownmenu_path

i've just installed this on another shop without my other contribs and got the same prob..

the top categories are repeated when selecting a manufacturer !!

I've got one product linked to all categories, and all subcategories, under a specific manufacturer.

Ie if i select all manufacturers, all is as it should be... but if i select the specific manufacturer, then i get the top level categories duplicated in the drop down, yet one is populated, and one isnt.

Any ideas?

Okay, i've still got a double top level category when selecting a specific manufacturer.

Any ideas?

hmm i'm beginning to understand why this is happening..

and its not a fault of the contrib..

apologies.

please, any hints on how you got it working?

nope.. fraid not. I'm using BTS so had to install the mod slightly differently. On my second installation on a new shop the mod worked first time.

Couple of tips though..

leave the dropdownmenu_path set at '/'

Do ALL of the install instructions.. ignore it when it says miss out section 2 if you have coolmenu.

nope.. fraid not. I'm using BTS so had to install the mod slightly differently. On my second installation on a new shop the mod worked first time.

Couple of tips though..

leave the dropdownmenu_path set at '/'

Do ALL of the install instructions.. ignore it when it says miss out section 2 if you have coolmenu.

which dropdown path there are 2

• 4 weeks later...

it seems support for this has died.. you best bet would be to try the contribution which is located on the original developers own website. It is a much improved version and an easier installation. the url is a couple of pages back on one of his posts somewhere...

Beware though if you have a LOT of categories (500+ or something) the newever version is too slow to be useable.

adiwillow,

can u see the trouble i got in :

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...0&gopid=762734&

could you pack for us your file and i ll try to see wich change u did with a compare software , or if you can help us to make it work as in your website

also ,; what is the link u said about the contrib creator website ?

best regards

MS2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Something is very stranger with this contribution, because i saw on his site "http://www.euskopc.com/catalog/advanced_search_result.php?osCsid=1f2d00c9e520d178f164e46ff9d9eeef&manufacturers_id=3&categories_id=478&subcategories_id=479&keywords=&inc_subcat=1&osCsid=1f2d00c9e520d178f164e46ff9d9eeef" and the contribution works very well but any other member of this forum can do it, i try contact the contribuition writer and ask to give the files are current use but he don't want give me, so i think this contribuition must be deleted from the Oscommer site because many peoples try use and gonna be frusted, the version 2.7 DOESN'T WORK.

• 4 weeks later...
how did you get this to work?

you need to follow the install instruction. in my website, I bring out the code in the drodownmeau code to the front page. but I change the code in the index.php, and crate another page call centerinfor.php to put the code in. but this way only work for one lang. doesn't work with more than one lang.

1.pb.jpg

i installed version 2.7 , and i use my shop in french, but what ever the language i chose, i got empty dropdown, i check 3 times the installation , couldnt see any problem , any clue ?

2.i tried avsearhc in alpha release , but couldnt make it work , but has it something to do to the contribtion dorw down , like it was version 2.8 beta ?

by the way the link provided to see it in action , there is just a freslhy oscommerce shop installed i can't see nowhere !

best regards

you can try on other version, I have same problem before. so I install 2.5 versions, and it works fine.

QUOTE(azer @ Dec 21 2005, 03:44 PM)

best regards

you can try on other version, I have same problem before. so I install 2.5 versions, and it works fine.

True , i installed version 2.6 and it works now !!!

what is the bug 2.7 is trying to fixes , but also make the contrib not to work anymore ?

by the way even in the new install files there is a mistake :

2B) in class tableBox

After around line 72 before

return $tableBox_string;

add the line

$this->table_string = $tableBox_string;

so that it looks like

if ($direct_output == true) echo $tableBox_string;

$this->table_string = $tableBox_string;

return $tableBox_string;

should be

2B) in class tableBox