The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Dropdownmenu

euskopc

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have this error. i 've done all the updates.

Fatal error: Cannot use string offset as an array in C:\wamp\www\catalog\includes\functions\html_output.php on line 302

this is the line 302 on my html_output.php file

$field .= '<option value="' . tep_output_string($values[$i]['id']) . '"';

the only update i couldn't do is the:

**********From DropDownMenu v2.5 to v2.6*********

i can't find nothing from this lines to replace them in my files

i have this error. i 've done all the updates.

Fatal error: Cannot use string offset as an array in C:\wamp\www\catalog\includes\functions\html_output.php on line 302

this is the line 302 on my html_output.php file

$field .= '<option value="' . tep_output_string($values[$i]['id']) . '"';

the only update i couldn't do is the:

**********From DropDownMenu v2.5 to v2.6*********

i can't find nothing from this lines to replace them in my files

ok... i finaly replace the lines at the categories_js.php.

but i still have this error

Fatal error: Cannot use string offset as an array in C:\wamp\www\catalog\includes\functions\html_output.php

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

hello,

i have installed oscommerce-2.2rc1.

Is there any way to get AVsearch v1.1 working with rc1?

The problem is the admin/index.php in rc1 wich is complete different from the one in the constribution.

....??

thx i adv

br

stefan

Edited by stratula

..i've installed DropDownMenu v2.7

www.netprom.de

What NEEDS to be done is:

Manufactures

Categories

Subcategories

has to change to:

Categories

Subcategories

Subcategories from Subkategorie above

is this possible?

please, need help

It will be a shop with about 100 saincategories and lots of more subcategories but only about 1000 products.

And there is no need for manufactures search since all products will be from the same manufacturer

shopversion is:

oscommerce-2.2rc1

already installed const:

Admin Create Account 1.0

Dropdownmenu v2.7

Hide Subcategories

login-page-ala-amazon_1_2_3

separate_price_420

tax_info

Ultimate_SEO_URLs_v2-2.2e.zip

br

stefan

Edited by stratula

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello,

contrib: <a href="http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2306" target="_blank">http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2306</a>

I really love this contrib, it's exactly what i need and can't do without, but I have to use it in a somewhat unconventional way and it messes up the product order due to option "manufacturers".

As I don't know how to edit the necessary files in contrib. myself, I customized my database, so that the third option (manufacturers) is sub sub category for me, but this causes the order in which they are shown to be un orderly for some reason- it does not display the (manufacturers) in a numerical order- I have options 30,40,50..as manufacturers etc... but in some cases they come up 50,30,45, etc... not starting from the smallest and this ofcourse has to do with the fact that I am using the manufactures field as a sub sub category (I know, a lot of useless information, but just thought I'd try to make my problem more clear)

see: http://www.aaaa.ee I know it's in Estonian, but the search thingie is still understandable as it contains only numbers... :)

Looking for the same thing as above mentioned in this thread: (basically just to add one more field, nothing else...)

-Categories

-Subcategories

-Sub Sub categories *ADD THIS FIELD TO AVSEARCH

-Manufacturers

please please and pretty please... :) I can imagine, it should be a couple of lines of code in couple of files- not very difficult, i presume... (AVSearch 1.1)

However, as I am totally useless when it comes to PHP, then I turn to you good people, maybe you can help if you have 10min. to spare... please!

Would be most appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

p.s. so desperate, willing to pay for this, if needed...

Edited by millend

• 11 months later...

hi all,

i tried so many things to get this thing working like i need but can't figure it out.

now i get this error message after i installed the DropDownMenu v2.7 new on a rc1

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /kunden/media-promote.de/racingmedia/includes/filenames.php:76) in /kunden/media-promote.de/racingmedia/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 97

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /kunden/media-promote.de/racingmedia/includes/filenames.php:76) in /kunden/media-promote.de/racingmedia/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 97

and in session.php on line 97 is:

return session_start();

anyone knows what this means?

br

stefan

• 8 months later...

Hi,

I've installed the contribution here -

http://trickmounts.com/

I'm getting complaints that it seems the form will not work on the first time it is used. After choosing a make, the years are out of order, then if you choose a year it will not load a model number. If the user browses to a different page and comes back to the homepage it then works fine. If they re-close their browser, go back to the website for the first time without clicking anything else and try the menu again it will be broken again.

Does anyone know why this is happening? I'd greatly appreciate any feedback! I'm using AV Search 1.1 , I tried version 1.0 also.

Thanks!

Your site, and the drop down, has invalid links, you must use tep_href_link for all links, or app looses track of users.

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=330479&hl

If the contrib does not use tep_href_link then it has been mal-coded.

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

Your site, and the drop down, has invalid links, you must use tep_href_link for all links, or app looses track of users.

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=330479&hl

If the contrib does not use tep_href_link then it has been mal-coded.

Hi spooks,

Here is the code for the box -

<?php
/*
 avsearch.php,v 0.01 2005/07/30 02:30:00 Iván Prieto
 Advanced Searches based on Ajax

Contribution for Oscommerce v2.2 MS2
 Using xajax v0.10 Beta 4 (http://xajax.sourceforge.net)

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/
?>
<!-- search //-->
         <tr>

<td> 
   <?php
  //xajax will convert our php functions to javascript
  require("avsearch.common.php");
  $xajax->printJavascript();

//In the next lines we say to the browser that write our
  //lists into the container
?>
   <?php
 $info_box_contents = array();
 $info_box_contents[] = array('text' => BOX_HEADING_SEARCH);

new infoBoxHeading($info_box_contents, false, false);

$info_box_contents = array();
 $info_box_contents[] = array('form' => tep_draw_form('quick_find', tep_href_link(FILENAME_ADVANCED_SEARCH_RESULT, '', 'NONSSL', false), 'get', 'id="quick_find"'),
                              'align' => 'center',
                              'text' => '<div id="container"></div><div id="searchInputs"></div>' . tep_draw_hidden_field('keywords', '', 'size="10" maxlength="30" style="width: ' . (BOX_WIDTH-30) . 'px" id="keywords"') . ' ' . tep_hide_session_id() . tep_draw_hidden_field('inc_subcat', '1') . tep_image_submit('button_quick_find.gif', BOX_HEADING_SEARCH, 'onclick="manage_search()"') );

new infoBox($info_box_contents);
?>
   <div align="center"><font face="verdana" size="1">If you do not see your bike listed, please 
     <a href="/contact.php">click here</a> to contact us.</font><br>
     <script type="text/javascript" src="avsearch.javascript.php"></script>
   </div>
 </td>
         </tr>
<!-- search_eof //-->

The last code does not have to do with the search and it was not working before adding that so you can ignore that text. What do you think would be causing the problem explained in my last post? I don't see any direct links setup in the script. It's pulling categories, subcategories, etc from the website and displaying them. I did not set links anywhere.

Thanks for your help.

Bump

Can anyone help me with this?? I'd really appreciate the help. I think it might be fixed if I preload the scripts or something but I'm not sure how I should do that properly? I think this might fix it because the problem only happen the first time the user visits the page. If they navigate to another page and come back the problem isn't there. But if they close and re-open their browser it will happen the first time again.

Bump

Can anyone help me with this?? I'd really appreciate the help. I think it might be fixed if I preload the scripts or something but I'm not sure how I should do that properly? I think this might fix it because the problem only happen the first time the user visits the page. If they navigate to another page and come back the problem isn't there. But if they close and re-open their browser it will happen the first time again.

I don`t see the issue u think u have, what browser r u using.

I see u still havent fixed your links, did u read the thread I linked to, r u sure thats not whats causing you user problems?

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

I don`t see the issue u think u have, what browser r u using.

I see u still havent fixed your links, did u read the thread I linked to, r u sure thats not whats causing you user problems?

Hi Spooky,

I'm not sure where it is directly linking like you are saying it is, I looked through the code for the module, and also posted it here in my last past. Do you think anywhere needs to be changed?

If you close your browser fully, open the website, the first time you try to use the menu it should have the problem. If you navigate to another page the problem wont happen anymore. It's hard for me to duplicate the problem also, but my client says it happens every time, and I've asked other people to do it and they have been able to, and I had was able to get it to do it once or twice. The problem being after choosing the second dropdown ( year ) it will not load the third dropdown items ( models ).

Hi Spooky,

I'm not sure where it is directly linking like you are saying it is, I looked through the code for the module, and also posted it here in my last past. Do you think anywhere needs to be changed?

If you close your browser fully, open the website, the first time you try to use the menu it should have the problem. If you navigate to another page the problem wont happen anymore. It's hard for me to duplicate the problem also, but my client says it happens every time, and I've asked other people to do it and they have been able to, and I had was able to get it to do it once or twice. The problem being after choosing the second dropdown ( year ) it will not load the third dropdown items ( models ).

As I said, I tried that, & no issue, (using IE7) but the other links on your site (in the header mainly) are bad, could caused user to loose session with related issues. Why do u not want to look at that issue, r u sure thats not what causes your user issues, they r simply confusing their results?

Sam

Contributions:

As I said, I tried that, & no issue, (using IE7) but the other links on your site (in the header mainly) are bad, could caused user to loose session with related issues. Why do u not want to look at that issue, r u sure thats not what causes your user issues, they r simply confusing their results?

Hi spooks,

The issue happens when going to the main page for the first time, without navigating anywhere. You pick the make, year, and then the model (last field) will not load, it will say loading or whatever, so I'm pretty sure it does not have to do with the navigation on top of that. I'm thinking maybe preloading the AJAX or something might possibly fix it? It happens only the first time, but if users navigate to other pages and come back, etc, it will not happen again, until they close out their browser and go to the site, then it will happen again.

Hi spooks,

The issue happens when going to the main page for the first time, without navigating anywhere. You pick the make, year, and then the model (last field) will not load, it will say loading or whatever, so I'm pretty sure it does not have to do with the navigation on top of that. I'm thinking maybe preloading the AJAX or something might possibly fix it? It happens only the first time, but if users navigate to other pages and come back, etc, it will not happen again, until they close out their browser and go to the site, then it will happen again.

As I said b4 that is not what happens when I visit, with IE7 or Firefox it works fine, so you need to find why that is happening for you & not others. ohmy.gif

What browser r u using? having u cleared your cache to ensure its not using old code? smile.gif

Sam

Contributions:

As I said b4 that is not what happens when I visit, with IE7 or Firefox it works fine, so you need to find why that is happening for you & not others. ohmy.gif

What browser r u using? having u cleared your cache to ensure its not using old code? smile.gif

Hi spooks,

Like I said it was hard to manipulate this problem for me also. It's my client that's saying it's happening on her computer, and when I suggested it may be her computer she had several friends try it on their computers and she claimed it happened on all her friends computers also. I was able to get someone I know to try it out and they said the problem happened on their computer. Weird huh? Not sure what to do about this.

Hi spooks,

Like I said it was hard to manipulate this problem for me also. It's my client that's saying it's happening on her computer, and when I suggested it may be her computer she had several friends try it on their computers and she claimed it happened on all her friends computers also. I was able to get someone I know to try it out and they said the problem happened on their computer. Weird huh? Not sure what to do about this.

Well its no good going about it by making guesses, you must get full info from those that is has failed with on what they are using when if fails, ie computer, operating system & browser.

If they don't know there are sites like www . thismachine . info that will tell them

Sam

Contributions:

• 11 months later...

What NEEDS to be done is:

Manufactures

Categories

Subcategories

has to change to:

Categories

Subcategories

Subcategories from Subkategorie above

is this possible?

Hello,

Did you manage to do something like you wanted?

I've got the same thing to do but it seems to be harder than i thought.

Does anyone know about an issue?

Does anyone know about an issue?

I finally manage it by myself, but i've got a limit on the second list.

Some categories are not shown in the list, because of the number of subcategories ( >9)

I've not solve this problem yet. Maybe someone had the same problem before?