• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Categories Box Bullet and Line (Support)

how or where(in the code) can I change the button graphic?

this will show the codes

Click

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pardon my stupidness :) but where are those graphics? I don't understand how that path works... I see how to change the code but where is the graphic file so I can just replace it?

pardon my stupidness? :)? but where are those graphics? I don't understand how that path works... I see how to change the code but where is the graphic file so I can just replace it?

The graphics used for the contribution are also used elsewhere and are default graphics, so you may not wish to change the image file but change the code to point to another image instead.

The graphics image location is given in the code

DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'checkout_bullet.gif'

where DIR_WS_IMAGES is defined in your configure.php file and is normally the images directory and where the image file is checkout_bullett.gif which tells you that the image is used in the checkout section.

The image used for the contribution was one already provided with the cart so thus was an image that people would already have.

Edited by 241

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Sorry for posting in the wrong thread.

Downloaded and installed it, its nearly what I want, just the distance between each line is too much, and I wanna replace whatever is being used for the line with my own one.

If you need more info, lemme know plz :)

Cyber-Drugs B)

Hi,

Sorry for posting in the wrong thread.

Downloaded and installed it, its nearly what I want, just the distance between each line is too much, and I wanna replace whatever is being used for the line with my own one.

If you need more info, lemme know plz :)

Cyber-Drugs B)

No worries I was pointing you here as I thought that you may be able to find the answers allready given in the support forum for the contribution.

The line is the <hr> tag you can replace the <hr> tag for an image.

Hi,

Which line? There are 3 lines with the <hr> tag in them, sorry for being a nuesance, but also could you tell me how I change that for an image? Can I do it the normal HTML way or do I need to do it the PHP way? Im afraid I only know HTML and ASP, but I am learning quite a fair bit of PHP from all of this, hehe.

Cyber-Drugs B)

Hi,

Which line? There are 3 lines with the <hr> tag in them, sorry for being a nuesance, but also could you tell me how I change that for an image? Can I do it the normal HTML way or do I need to do it the PHP way? Im afraid I only know HTML and ASP, but I am learning quite a fair bit of PHP from all of this, hehe.

Cyber-Drugs B)

sorry for the delay I have been uploading contributions and helping others.

catalog/includes/boxes/categories.php

if ($foo[$counter]['level'] == 0)
{
 if ($aa == 1)
 {
 $categories_string .= "<hr>";
    }
 else
 {$aa=1;}

the other two I think were for allproducts contribution.

change the code to this

{
 if ($aa == 1)
 {
 $categories_string .= tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'line_black.gif', '2', '120', '') . '<br>';
    }
 else
 {$aa=1;}

you will need to create the image that you wish to use and place it in the images folder then change line_black.gif to the name of your image

Hi Steve,

I used this contribution it is really nice and simple thanx a lot.

you are most welcome, the support thread here should give most of the answers to questions on what code to look for in order to make the changes for a more elegant look as I just used what was standard in an osc install for ease of compatibility you can acheive a much slicker look by use of better images and an image instead of the <hr> tag.

As long as the install is easy the customising can be as you want.

It is not that often that contributions get thanks so it is appreciated as normally it is only issues needing resolves.

Edited by 241

sorry for the delay I have been uploading contributions and helping others.

catalog/includes/boxes/categories.php

{
 if ($aa == 1)
 {
 $categories_string .= "<hr>";
    }
 else
 {$aa=1;}

the other two I think were for allproducts contribution.

change the code to this

{
 if ($aa == 1)
 {
 $categories_string .= tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'line_black.gif', '2', '120', '') . '<br>';
    }
 else
 {$aa=1;}

you will need to create the image that you wish to use and place it in the images folder then change line_black.gif to the name of your image

No probs on the wait, I am in no hurry :)

Just one question, how do I direct the code to point to this location? :

Templates/CyberLaneOnline/Images/

instead of the current one which is:

Images/

The reason for this is because I have the BTS Contribution Installed atm.

Cyber-Drugs B)

Edited by Cyber-Drugs

Just one question, how do I direct the code to point to this location? :

Templates/CyberLaneOnline/Images/

you could make a define in the catalog/includes/configure_bts.php

?define('DIR_WS_BOX_TEMPLATES_IMAGES', DIR_WS_TEMPLATES . 'images/');

then use this path

$categories_string .= tep_image(DIR_WS_BOX_TEMPLATES_IMAGES . 'line_black.gif', '2', '120', '') . '<br>';

or you could use full path or html img src

Edited by 241

Thanks alot for the help, works perfectly, sorry for asking so much, but I am only just learning PHP so I know next to nothing (my skills are mainly in ASP hehe)

Thanks so much :)

Cyber-Drugs B)

I also am just learning php so for to help others post the solution that you finally used, this will save others wishing the answer to the question asking again.

Stupid Question:

OK, the navigation is what I wanted, but 2 things still need to be removed, hehe.

http://www.cyber-lane.co.uk/Online

That is what I have atm

http://www.cyber-lane.co.uk/Shop

That is what I want to make it look like.

Do you know how I can get it to work? :huh:

Cyber-Drugs B)

do you want exact or approx.

start by removing the catagories header and border.

you should create a new box class so as not to affect any other boxes and with this new box class you will be able to remove the border.

correct size of line will get the line part sorted then spacing and or positioning will sort out the arrows and names to be closer to the position you want.

none of this is that difficult to do.

If you have no plans to use the standard infobox then you can just alter that class instead of creating a new class.

Is one site fixed links hardcoded

Im after as close as possible, which file do I need to edit, and how do I direct this template to the copied version of the file, instead of the original as you stated?

Once again, sorry for bugging you loads, but I really know nothing about PHP atm, its quite a big change from ASP.

Thanks again :)

Cyber-Drugs B)

Sorry I dont have the rights to edit my posts, so here is the rest....

If you have no plans to use the standard infobox then you can just alter that class instead of creating a new class.

Is one site fixed links hardcoded

I dont have plans to use the standard infobox

the /Shop links are hardcoded, and /Online are using your bit of code.

[EDIT]

Oh great, now I have posted this message, I now can edit my own messages, lol

[/EDIT]

Cyber-Drugs B)

Edited by Cyber-Drugs

you need to take this to a new thread as it is not really related to the contribution and this is the contribution support thread, whereas your asking a general support question which needs time and space to answer.

I do not want to clutter the support thread as it will make it harder for others that are searching for answers to the contribution to find what is and is not related to the contribution.

No need to reply to this post, but if you could please start a new topic in the general support forum.

I will pick up on your new post or someone else will.

starter for ten catalog/includes/classes/boxes.php

Edited by 241

I have two questions but first of all thanks for the contribution. I really like how it forces no wrap with the longer titles.

My first question:

I would like the undlerlining of the text for the links to start at the beginning of the text for each category, right now it extends back to the bullet images. How would I do this?

The other question is how do I change the color of the current category, right now it is red after you click on a category? I tried changing the color in line 19 $categories_string .= "<font color='#ff0000'>   </font>"; and the same for line 22, no luck.

Thank You,

Mike

I have two questions but first of all thanks for the contribution. I really like how it forces no wrap with the longer titles.

My first question:

I would like the undlerlining of the text for the links to start at the beginning of the text for each category, right now it extends back to the bullet images. How would I do this?

The other question is how do I change the color of the current category, right now it is red after you click on a category? I tried changing  the color in line 19 $categories_string .= "<font color='#ff0000'>   </font>"; and the same for line 22, no luck.

Thank You,

Mike

Locate and change this code

? ?$categories_string .= tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, $cPath_new);
? ?$categories_string .= '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'checkout_bullet.gif', '') . ' ';

? ?if ( ($id) && (in_array($counter, $id)) ) {
? ? ?$categories_string .= "<b><font color='#ff0000'>";
? ?}

change to

? ?$categories_string .= tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, $cPath_new);
? ?$categories_string .= '">';

? ?if ( ($id) && (in_array($counter, $id)) ) {
? ? ?$categories_string .= "<b><font color='#ffdddd'>";
? ?}

// display category name
? ?$categories_string .= tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'checkout_bullet.gif', '') . ' ' . $foo[$counter]['name'];

That gives that lovely Pink colour you are after ;)

? ? ?$categories_string .= "<b><font color='#ffdddd'>";

This controls the colour in this case Pink

? ?$categories_string .= tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'checkout_bullet.gif', '') . ' ' . $foo[$counter]['name'];

This stops the underline for the image

Edited by 241

Thanks Steve,

As always you are a life saver. It is perfect mod, all I have to do is now either create another bullet, or edit the current one to remove the white border around it.

http://giftsofluv.com

:) Jatin

I would probably go for creating another bullet for your site, one that is smaller

Steve,

Thanks for the quick reply. I will implement this change tomorrow. My LAN has been down and access spotty. But maybe now I can get back to work. Thanks again for a great contribution and even better support. :D I can't wait to get that great pink color you mentioned.

Mike

Steve,

I tried out the code above and the underline still extends to the left of the beginning of the text. I implemented the code you posted to eliminate the underline like this to accomodate different images for the top level and sub categories:

// display category name
   if ($foo[$counter]['parent'] == 0) {
   $categories_string .= tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'top_cat_pointer.gif', '') . ' ' . $foo[$counter]['name'];
}else {
   $categories_string .= tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'sub_cat_bullet.gif', '') . ' '. $foo[$counter]['name'];
}

Here is an example of what my categories box looks like:

cat.jpg

Circled in red is where the underlining of the text starts before the first letter of the text link. Below is an example of my information box:

info.jpg

I would like the links to look like that if possible. I have played with moving code around with no luck yet. I will keep trying and check back to see if you have come up with a solution.

Thank You,

Mike

Steve,

I tried out the code above and the underline still extends to the left of the beginning of the text.

This will be caused by the   in the code being used to give you a gap between the image and the name.

I noticed that the colour did not go Pink with you. :D

Edited by 241