• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Please Review My site

sb_1

Hello Everyone,

Please check out my site. It is still a work in progress and all ofthe content is not up yet, but let me know your opinions on the general design, etc. Please do not order (unless you want one of the prodcuts :)), it is live with Paypal (even though it is not finished yet).

Thanks,

Scott

My Webpage

http://www.mothernaturescloset.com/images/Cardigan-Pants.jpg

You should never compress an image that size in to a thumbnail. You did great site design, now install a thumbnail contribution and cut the load time.

My advice comes in two flavors- Pick the one that won't offend you.

Hard and Cynical: How to Make a Horrible osCommerce Site

Warm and Fuzzy: How to Make an Awesome osCommerce Site

Sorry I should have posted that as well. I know we are using large images right now. I have to look at what contrib to use to get thumb and large images.

Thanks for the feedback.

Warning: mysql_connect(): Too many connections in /home/sbockh01/public_html/organic/catalog/includes/functions/database.php on line 19

Unable to connect to database server!

I'd rather be flying!

Nice design and good product positioning. On your product_info.php page you might want to consider relocating your product prices. The price just isn't in an obvious spot at the moment. You might also want to include a copyright notice in the footer.

What a surprise that someone from Wisconsin would open a store selling 100% wool clothing and blankets... :P

Any more comments. We are continuing to update the site with content. I know the images are a bit screwed up. Trying to customize the thumbnail contrib. Any more comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Scott

Hello Everyone,

Please check out my site. It is still a work in progress and all ofthe content is not up yet, but let me know your opinions on the general design, etc. Please do not order (unless you want one of the prodcuts :)), it is live with Paypal (even though it is not finished yet).

Thanks,

Scott

My Webpage

Scott,

You site got full marks in my book! The BTS system is simply fantastic! Words can't describe ;-)

Keep keeping on...

Cheers from Trinidad & Tobago,

.../Ian

the yellow background

I have to say i think this is probably the best osc site i have seen to date, seriously good job

imho

"because it'll hurt more"- the greatest film of all time?

I think we can all learn something from your site. It's very simple, easy to navigate, and beautiful on the eye. Congratulations.

Only one very small critique, which is your logo. Have you considered making it a gif file? There are just a little bit too much jpg artifacts in your logo, and if you were to recreate it as a two or four colour gif file, your file size would still be small (probably smaller than the jpg) and it would be beautifully crisp. For an example, check out my site http://www.stringsandthings.net.au and look at how crisp the strings & things logo is compared to the image of the strings below it.

Cheers and keep up the good work,

Dave

Well, since you asked :) ...

Very nicely designed site. My only comment is that the menu items - Infant, Boys, Girls, etc looks very pedestrian (plain black font with white background in rectangular box) compared to the rest of the page. Perhaps the menu items can be dressed up just a bit.

Any suggestions on how to "dress it up"? We wanted to keep the nav simple, and not overly complicate it. Thanks dave for the gif comment. All the images need to be optimized, they are all to big. I will make the changes to the header and the footer tonight. Thanks for the help everyone.

Archived